Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pubgthrowaway3

I think my teammate may have been cheating somehow

Has anyone encountered something like this before:

Note: This guy was on my team.

I dropped into a random squad game on Erangel with a guy this afternoon who seemed to know where all the loot was at all times. Not just the good spots, but things like where an M4 was or a Level 3 helmet.

Not five minutes after we landed in Primorsk, he announces over game chat that he had a Level 3 helmet, Level 3 vest, Level 3 backpack, an M4, an M16, a 4x and an 8x. And 400 rounds of 556. He also called out where another Level 3 backpack was.

I figured he was exaggerating on the ammo part, but also that he just got really lucky drops. Whatever. We moved on toward School. By this time, our two other teammates had died.

On the way there, just past Pochinki, he says something to the effect that we should only go Apartments because there were only three people there. I laughed it off, and said, "There is no way in hell anyone can know that." He says, “Actually, no one is at School, let’s go there.”

We get to School, park outside the brick wall, and he asks if I want a Level 3 helmet. “Sure,” I say. “Did you see one out on the ground?"

“No,” he says, “it’s upstairs on the left.”

“Oh sure, dude,” I respond sarcastically.

He tells me to follow him, so I do out of curiosity, and he leads me to a room upstairs on the left side of the building. And there’s a Level 3 helmet sitting there.

At this point, I’m thinking there’s something weird going on. “Just got lucky,” he says casually, but also kind of snickers to himself. 

Anyway, we had been chasing zone the whole time, and we ended up dying to the blue. He asks if I want to play again. I say sure to see where this goes.

(Note: I went and watched the replay of this game on PUBG Replay. His kit went M16/dual M16s/then M4 and M16. Within a few minutes. His looting pattern is also very weird. He doesn't go from one house to the one next to it. He goes from point to point. It appears he knows where the loot is.)

(I also checked the point where he said there were three people at Apartments. There were. And there was indeed no one at School.)

Our next game, in duos, we go Georgopol crates. I also watched the replay for this one because I forgot some detail, so I'm going to use that info in this part.

He says 10 people are going with us to the crates. I look around as we're parachuting (before we pull the chutes) and tell him I only see seven. "No, ten exactly," he says. I checked. 10 people, besides us, landed there.

He has the same looting pattern -- point to point. He finds a 4x two minutes in, then a Kar-98 at 3 minutes. Around this time, he also tells me where an SKS is.

Four minutes in, he finds another 4x, and a sniper silencer. 30 seconds later, he has a Level 3 bag. He picks up an M4 at 6 minutes.

One guys downs me, and I tell him where the guy is. "I know, I see his dot," he says quietly.

"You what?" I ask. He doesn't respond, but he does revive me, and kills another duo.

Before we leave, he grabs a Level 3 helmet and another 4x.

On the way, we catch the blue in a Dacia as its moving. We were going a near constant speed of 131 km/h with the boost. Is that normal? (Honest question.)

We drive across the map to Little Power, and on the way he asks if we should go for a crate. I say sure, why not. "No, wait," he says, "let me see what's in it first."

"What do you mean?" I ask. He doesn't respond.

Ultimately, he decides not to go for the crate. This is weird.

His game crashes just as we arrive at Little Power. I think I remember him saying, "My PC crashed," when this happened.

After he loads back in, he says, "There's a Level 3 vest on the ground." He's still outside the building when he says this.

At this point, I'm directly calling him on it, and telling him there's no way he could no that, and he's got to be cheating. He tries to play it off like he saw it there, but I can tell he's trying to push a boundary. (By the way, I looted the building for three minutes before he loaded back in, and I didn't come across it. Now, maybe I suck a looting, but the point is, it wasn't easily seen. I came across an 8x for myself during this time, and put it on my SKS.)

After we leave Little Power, he decides to head toward Prison, and jumps the car off the cliff. We died.

I quit playing with him after that.

Just wanted to know if anyone has seen anything like this. This guy definitely knew where exact loot items, and people, were.

By the way, I watched three of his other games on PUBG Replay.

In all three, he left his initial drop point with at least a Level 3 helmet, a Level 3 bag, a Kar-98 or SKS, a SCAR or an M4, an AR or sniper silencer, an 8x scope, and at least one 4x scope.

At first I was going to mention it’s not likely he’s cheating on Xbox, then you mentioned PC..it’s now quite likely.

This is the Xbox forum. There’s also a report form you can fill out if you believe someone has cheated, though typically video evidence is required.

Just now, pubgthrowaway3 said:

No, this was on Xbox. 

That’s quite odd. If he is using some method to cross platform, you may want to escalate this to Microsoft/Xbox support as well.

Yeah in thinking about this, I thought about cross-platform, too. I have reported him to Xbox support. Just didn't know if anyone else had come across something similar. 

Nothing suprises me anymore, i always had a feeling that sometimes stuff doesnt add up also ,anything is possible

6 minutes ago, Chmona said:

Sounds like a troll.  i mean op that is.  a troll.

Sounds to me like it's written by someone that knows all about the software* that can intercept the unencrypted data and is drawing attention to it in the hope that they will sort it out and encrypt the data. He's right, it needs sorting out because that kind of thing is a game-killer.

*assuming those threads about it are true.

18 minutes ago, DecoratedShamus said:

Sounds like the radar hack. Yes .... they are real .

Interesting. Hadn't heard of this. Just Googled that, and it does seem to fit everything this guy seemed to know. 

googling "pubg radar xbox" does give quite a few hits. Thought it was a hoax to relieve you of your funds. Apparently not. How pathetic! How anyone can justify this to themselves is just mindbuggling. The pattern is easily detected it seems, though. Wonder if a banhammer based on that alone is viable. 

Why has no one asked him yet for details so you can all look at the PUBG replay as he claims he has???

Ha way lads think about, it’s not rocket science ?

No vid/evidence - Troll

7 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

Why has no one asked him yet for details so you can all look at the PUBG replay as he claims he has???

Probably because there is a specific forum rule about calling out players for cheating/misconduct 

1 minute ago, El_Gran_Orgo said:

Probably because there is a specific forum rule about calling out players for cheating/misconduct 

Rules are there to be broken.

Also he was playing with him so I don’t see the problem of giving his own tag.

Hes just trolling anyways, you can spot them a mile away ?

2 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

Rules are there to be broken.

Also he was playing with him so I don’t see the problem of giving his own tag.

Hes just trolling anyways, you can spot them a mile away ?

I mean either way it's not like the ESP doesn't exist, so I don't know how or why this would be a troll? But we are entitled to our own opinions ?

ESP is real on Xbox, played with a guy the other day doing the same thing. Knew exactly where everything was and where everyone was.

There's plenty of videos on youtube of people showing you what they see. It's basically what you see when you go to pubg-replay but with little item icons on top of buildings to show you watch inside.

There was a guy posting screenshots on here the other day with his Xbox on one screen and a pc next to it showing the game and highlighted loot and enemies on the map, I don’t think OP is trolling.

Crap like this is why I stopped playing PUBG. I check the forums now and then looking for bug fixes and feature implementations, but instead, I see PUBG Corp protecting cheaters identities and other posters calling OP a troll. The ESP thing ruins this game and probably dominates the leaderboards. 

Shaking my head fam. So much cancer.

23 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

There was a guy posting screenshots on here the other day with his Xbox on one screen and a pc next to it showing the game and highlighted loot and enemies on the map, I don’t think OP is trolling.

Dude I saw that, looked pretty trippy man.

Also, doc disrespect is cool people, and I'm 5'11 180 lbs muscle, I been doing B Jiu Jitsu, I seen dudes 5'4 140 Lbs roll dudes up that are 6'4 200 lbs

Crazy man, go to your local House jitsu gym, size doesn't matter ;)

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye47 said:

Dude I saw that, looked pretty trippy man.

Also, doc disrespect is cool people, and I'm 5'11 180 lbs muscle, I been doing B Jiu Jitsu, I seen dudes 5'4 140 Lbs roll dudes up that are 6'4 200 lbs

Crazy man, go to your local House jitsu gym, size doesn't matter ;)

Right, I used to roll with some 200lb’ers and could catch them. Just depended on if I got tired first from carrying their weight lol. Met Meisha Tate at Ivan Salaverry’s gym at a tournament once. 

I need  to get back into BJJ

Never said this form of cheating doesn’t exist.

But if your going to write a book on the events the least you could do is give us a video, wouldn’t take much to edit a vid to avoid anyone’s gaming tag being shown.

1 hour ago, HaoleBoi808 said:

Right, I used to roll with some 200lb’ers and could catch them. Just depended on if I got tired first from carrying their weight lol. Met Meisha Tate at Ivan Salaverry’s gym at a tournament once. 

I need  to get back into BJJ

Foreals man, I did about almost a year of Muay thai and then got into BJJ and seriously man. When it comes to 1v1 in a fight and you know your shit with your ground game, guaranteed you can rock somebody easy in a street fight