Riggles

The Weekly PUBG Corp. Community Update - June 29th Edition

Yo yo,

We’re back for round three of the weekly update! Here’s some quick stats from the Reddit versions of the first two posts:

June 15th Edition - 115.6k views - 92% upvoted

June 22nd Edition - 138.5k views - 91% upvoted

In case you’re new here, this is basically an end-of-the-week summary of announcements we’ve made along with responses to feedback from players. For a more thorough explanation, check out the intro to this post. For even more on why we’re doing the weekly update and our goals for it, check out this comment.

Alright, let’s jump in.

KNOWN ISSUES

PC Known Issues (Last Updated 6/21/2018, next update should be coming soon) - https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/172144-known-issues-updated-06082018/

Xbox Known Issues (Last Updated 6/19/2018, next update should be coming soon) - https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/175154-known-issues-updated-6122018/

OFFICIAL PUBG CORP. COMMUNICATIONS: JUNE 23–29

June 25 - Watch “The Making of Sanhok,” a Behind-the-Scenes Mini Documentary

June 27 - PC 1.0 Update #16

June 27 - Event Pass: Sanhok - Bonus XP Event

June 27 - PGI Skins Clarification

June 27 - Update Regarding OC FPP Duo

COMMUNITY ISSUES AND THE LATEST RESPONSES

On Event Pass Bugs and Other Issues

Context:

The Event Pass has some pretty serious problems, many of which have been catalogued in this community-created megathread. Some missions have failed to register, even if you meet the conditions. For others, the wording on the mission doesn’t line up with the actual requirements to complete the mission. Sometimes, players have been unable to claim rewards even after completing the relevant missions and leveling up. There are more than a few issues involving oversights in the design, like the fact that some missions even require map-specific challenges on Erangel or Miramar, despite the fact that it’s no longer possible to choose between the two.

The biggest problems have to do with players not getting the XP they’ve earned through play, thus preventing them from getting the rewards they need.

The Latest Response:

This is a multi-pronged problem, so we’re rolling out a several different solutions.

• In the latest round of patch notes, we announced increases to the daily XP limits. We’re not going to totally remove the cap—that would encourage a ton of AFK dropping, thus ruining games for everyone—but we are making it easier for you to grind up to the max level.

• We’re occasionally rolling out small fixes for bugged (or poorly implemented) missions, adjusting them to make them easier to get. Some of these fixes have already shipped, although there will likely be more.

• We also announced a plan to compensate players who’ve missed out on XP due to bugs. All you have to do is log in at some point over this weekend. We’re considering doing this again in the coming weeks before the pass ends.

If you haven’t received a reward in error, submit a ticket through our support site and we’ll help you out.

Ultimately, the rollout of this pass just hasn’t gone as smoothly as we wanted, which is why we’re pushing out free 400XP boosts for everyone. The design of the pass (including the event length) isn’t likely to change much more during this event, but we’ll be taking the feedback we got on this one into consideration for any future passes or mission-based programs.

On OCE’s FPP Matchmaking Issues

Context:

For quite some time now, certain FPP queues in OCE have suffered from extremely long or even infinite matchmaking times. Solo FPP in particular seemed to be the biggest problem, but players have reported issues in FPP Duos and FPP Squads as well.

The Latest Response:

The latest changes to map selection and the release of Sanhok seem to have made a positive difference. According to most early reports, FPP Solos and FPP Squads are now healthy in OCE, especially on Sanhok. However, we have seem some early reports that the Battle Royale FPP queues are showing signs of strain. For now, our plan is to leave all FPP queues in OCE open. However, if some queues start to break, we’ll be forced to close FPP duos in OCE as we originally intended.

More context in this forum post from u/PUBG_Hawkinz [+1]

On “The Making of Sanhok”

Context

Sanhok means more than you know for all of us at PUBG Corp. It isn’t just our first post-release map. It’s also a return to form for the company—a way for us to get back to our “open development” roots.

We let you into Sanhok while the map was still being built, and the result is a map that was directed as much by you guys as it was by us.

Our teams took cameras inside PUBG Corp’s offices in Seoul, South Korea and Madison, Wisconsin to share an even more open and transparent view into the map’s creation. It’s all here in this 8-minute mini-documentary, “The Making of Sanhok.”

On Performance, Bugs, and Cheating

Context

Performance (both client-side and server-side), bugs, and cheating remain the three biggest issues facing PUBG as a game. We’ve spent the last few patches shipping changes promised in the late-May dev letter where we declared these three issues to be our highest priority. Progress has been made, but more remains to be done, as nearly every day players’ biggest complaints have to do with these problems.

Our Latest Response

Now that Sanhok is out, it’s time for us to refocus our efforts on these core problems. This week, the dev team sat down to talk about the many ways we can address longstanding bugs, quality-of-life issues, core system optimization, and more efficient anti-cheat. We’ve begun to put together a very large to-do list, and our plan is to begin talking in more specific detail about that list soon. In the meantime, we want to use this post to collect your feedback. What are the bugs that drive you nuts? What QoL changes do we absolutely HAVE to implement? In what specific ways would you like to see the game’s performance increase?

Share in the comments below, and we’ll be back to talk about this stuff with you very soon.

THAT’S ALL FOR TODAY

There’ll be a lot more stuff to cover in the coming weeks. I’ll be hanging out in the comments section, so please feel free to leave any questions or feedback below!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

About the event:

I think you guys hit the target. Several of my friends who play this game loved it and their feedback is being great. I think the only thing that needed to change in relation to the event is the pt-BR translation in some missions, it's a little confusing and in several groups of PUBG on facebook has publications with doubts of what is to be done in the missions. For example, keep the word "air drop" in other languages.

About Sanhok:

Devs, you guys made a great map. It sure is the most beautiful map ... Besides the models and ambiance of each part of the map are unique, I loved the effect of the terrain and of course the various textures/models of grass on the map. I felt like I was in Thailand ...

I only have two comments:

- My friend and I own high-end computers, and yet we are suffering from problems with map performance. Not only in Hot Spots but also in any encounter with players ... I believe that a house, player and model rendering can be studied for each specific Sanhok location, as the mountains often cover every area around the player. I also believe that Bootcamp's performance could be improved and not rendering walls / items inside the houses when looking at it from a distance.

- How about adding typical fruits of the countries in each lobby?

• Like 1

22 minutos atrás, Trombeta disse:

xxxx

douple post, sorry...

Edited by Trombeta

21 hours ago, PUBG_Riggles said:

In the latest round of patch notes, we announced increases to the daily XP limits. We’re not going to totally remove the cap—that would encourage a ton of AFK dropping, thus ruining games for everyone—but we are making it easier for you to grind up to the max level.

yeah...do the math there again. If you afk drop all day you are at 8-10 hours to reach the actual cap.

21 hours ago, PUBG_Riggles said:

some missions even require map-specific challenges on Erangel or Miramar,

Yeah today noone plays solo erangel.

I like the pacing of Sanhok though. So for the future: Is there a possibility to add Miramar and Erangel to Mini Royal mode:

-First circle visible when in the plane: The play area for this game.

-dynamic circle movement

-more loot

-dynamic weather

These are a few things that come to mind.

As for the event pass....it is horrible. I stated what i don't like in other threads so no need to clarify it here. Only so much: If I hadn't the time pressure to complete within one month I would buy it.

Maybe add a "mission queue" so you will be placed in a game where you can fullfil the daily mission you haven't yet. (e.g. solo miramar if you need that).

Please add skins you can buy with BP....BP are worthless now that you most likely get key crates. Or make an option to buy unlocked crates.

Take unlocked crates from the market. And every skin inside. For these crates no duplicate skins if you open them. Or a possibility to trade 5-10 duplicates to one skin you want from within that crate...

Please make me feel like the only thing you're interested in, isn't my money but me (and any other player) enjoying your game. With every patch you did this year I was super hyped only to see the same "yeah they clearly want me to pay more money"-notion behind every patch. I would spend more money on the game. But I clearly don't want to feel like that is the only thing you are interested in.

I would love dailies in the future to not be bound by TPP/FPP or DUO/SOLO/SQUAD. 
Me & my friend are just playing the game together, we doesn't enjoy solo/squad, but now we can't play becuase of the different modes.. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 8:27 AM, PUBG_Riggles said:

On OCE’s FPP Matchmaking Issues

Context:

For quite some time now, certain FPP queues in OCE have suffered from extremely long or even infinite matchmaking times. Solo FPP in particular seemed to be the biggest problem, but players have reported issues in FPP Duos and FPP Squads as well.

The Latest Response:

The latest changes to map selection and the release of Sanhok seem to have made a positive difference. According to most early reports, FPP Solos and FPP Squads are now healthy in OCE, especially on Sanhok. However, we have seem some early reports that the Battle Royale FPP queues are showing signs of strain. For now, our plan is to leave all FPP queues in OCE open. However, if some queues start to break, we’ll be forced to close FPP duos in OCE as we originally intended.

More context in this forum post from u/PUBG_Hawkinz [+1]

Queue times for OCE are currently abysmal and when playing a week ago, ONLY Sahnok came up to play.  I didn't see Erangel or Miramar once and when Mini Royale was deselected then it returned to infinite queuing times again. (I was playing mid-late evening NZ time when OCE should have been fairly popular) This means that either there are very few players in OC playing 8x8 maps or the matchmaking is broken.

It would be a massive help to see what the demand is by play option. That would give players hard facts to select an option that suits their needs, if they want faster matchmaking they copy the majority, if they prefer a less popular play option then expect long queue times. Watching the matchmaking circle spin over and over in the hope of a game really is inhumane torture.

There are 12 possible play options per region if you include TPP/FPP,  Battle Royale/Mini Royale, Solo/Duo/Squad. The number of options then continue to multiply once you factor in skill based and ping based matchmaking.

If a demand graphic doesn't work then it must be because there are too many play options so remove map selection and regional server choice. Only allow FPP/TPP and Solo/Duo/Squad selection to be made manually and the game should request a list of server pings from all players queued once they manually select a play option. 

Then 100 players with the same play option and similar pings are queued together. If there are enough players with similar ping then filter based on skill.
It might mean that players are not necessarily playing to the server with the best ping for them, but it does mean that all players should be all fairly evenly disadvantaged.

Finally, if nothing else, please ditch the matchmaking circle and replace it with a timer showing how long you have been queuing for. At least that way it feels like something is progressing instead of a possible matchmaking crash and you are sitting their waiting when you could be restarting the game.

PS - I'm not a throw the toys out of the cot kind of a guy, but our squad have actually had to quit playing until something does change in matchmaking.
Our squad were regularly wasting an hour or more trying to matchmake and not even getting a single game.
I'm hanging out to come back and play some more - but I can't until I'm sure I'll get at least half a dozen games in a night.

Edited by KKtrips

I've signed up to respond in regards to the OCE queue times and FPP.

Match making is broken - not in the way you think it is. We queue up in duo, or squads, and can face the infinite queue times during our peak play times - if we refresh lobby and re-queue, a game is found instantly. 

Why does PUBG not have a estimated wait time indicator? Or an indicator on how many players in your region are online? How many active games there are in that mode ATM? Any indication of the players online would be amazing. 

I would rethink removing an entire game mode to appease the players who play during off-peak times as I know for a fact, myself and many others I know will throw PUBG in the bin should any FPP modes be removed. 

I'd much rather see a forced option to play one of three maps across TPP or FPP.

I guess I don't understand the logic behind closing game play modes.. you might be closing the one game mode particular players only play - and force them to another game entirely. 

If I had an option to queue for FPP DUO in OCE, and saw a 25 minute wait time, but KNEW there was a wait time and was confident it would find a game in that time, I'd wait. 

If I queue for FPP DUO, and a game is not found for 10 minutes, and I simply refresh lobby, ask my squad to requeue, and a game is found instantly....what does this tell you? Is this a numbers in region issue or a PUBG issue?

map selection

bring back the full map selection asap, erangel and miramar is unplayable without the mapselection. some matches start only with 70 or less players, because the players leaving the lobby until they are in the map they want to play.

sanhok

delete the boring similar spots where not much players parachute to like camp alpha, camp bravo, camp charlie and build there something special like ruins, paradise resort, bootcamp.

the loot in sanhok is to much. why not just giving everyone an full equipped AR, SR, 5 medicpacks, 5 boosters while flying in the plane lol

• RIP 1

13 horas atrás, fail0r disse:

map selection

bring back the full map selection asap, erangel and miramar is unplayable without the mapselection. some matches start only with 70 or less players, because the players leaving the lobby until they are in the map they want to play.

sanhok

delete the boring similar spots where not much players parachute to like camp alpha, camp bravo, camp charlie and build there something special like ruins, paradise resort, bootcamp.

the loot in sanhok is to much. why not just giving everyone an full equipped AR, SR, 5 medicpacks, 5 boosters while flying in the plane lol

Map Selection - It's natural by the hype of "new map". It was the same with Miramar vs. Erangel.

Sanhok - There is no need to delete anything, the game changes depending on the option of solo, duo and squad. I've dropped into everything and I've always seen enemies.

SUGESTION TO IMPROVE BOOTCAMP PERFORMANCE

- Delete marked objects/models.

fix-boot.gif.aa369f9241a89a8b1868e140c0f23672.gif

1. The "hot drop" points inside Bootcamp are the side buildings, the red central building and the warehouses to the north.

2. There is not much movement inside the trenches to justify a high level of objects/models.

3. There are not many combat within the trenches.

Dunno if this will be QoL request, but I will see ingame FPS counter and ping indicator. And other question: when will be parachuting reworked ?

2 hours ago, Ragnarocek said:

Dunno if this will be QoL request, but I will see ingame FPS counter and ping indicator. And other question: when will be parachuting reworked ?

yes!  I want to  see ingame FPS counter and ping indicator in the future!This is very important to me! thx!

2 horas atrás, 枫 少 disse:

yes!  I want to  see ingame FPS counter and ping indicator in the future!This is very important to me! thx!

I believe that not only this, an increase of commands to individual preferences of each player would make PUBG a much better and more competitive game. For example:

An in-game console to change preferences such as:

- Hand change (right hand, left hand).
- Change the size and position of the all HUD on the screen.
- Option to bind keys in the console, etc.

And all this to create and change all the mechanisms already present in the options and thus create a CFG file for each player. And last, but not least, an easier exchange of grenades

In China, PUBG has offended too many people with relevant interests. Close personal transactions, over-release new boxes,

crack down on merchants, and push the price of the skin to collapse. Feel free to change the rear seat of the firearm, as if to see the original H1Z1.

When the number of players reached a peak, H1Z1 changed the position of the gun and launched a new activity, which caused the price of the out-of-print skin to collapse.

The merchants and related losers reported it to the relevant government departments and were banned from broadcasting.

Now release the skin that can be purchased directly. Let many Chinese players feel that PUBG is just to make money, the game optimization is very poor, the server performance is very poor, as if all the energy is used to extract the player's money.

ABOUT EVENT PASS

I noticed some facts in all the comments of friends and in groups:

- The preparation of the Event Pass missions need to be refined and selected previously to avoid confusion. Many of the missions seemed to be non-nexus or skittish from the players' point of view.

- Many missions suffered from problems due to variables, such as crossing the map driving and being passenger offered the same reward.

- The texts of the missions need to be clarified and terms like "air drops" could be kept in other languages, the Portuguese translation en-BR was very confusing in some missions.

- I believe that also lacked creativity to avoid falling into the routine.

And an interesting idea:

Players getting crates for each 5 levels. Let me clarify:

1729231493_SemTtulo-2.png.f9eb367b014bf0567b24d8a02d1e0991.png

- Every five levels you receive a unique and exclusive crate of the event, without being able to buy it in the market steam or in the game, just raising of level in the event.

- In my understanding would force players to level up faster and more consistently, forcing them indirectly to buy "Up 5 levels" to get more boxes and unique skins.

- One smart measure would be to not create a level limit, since you can let the player develop without limits and get as many boxes as they want.

Edited by Trombeta

Personal suggestion, I hope that the game will directly mark the final safe zone at the beginning of the game, cancel the luck component of the game, and achieve the fairness of the game. When the map appears in the final safe zone, the grid does not stop shrinking, so that all players do not rely on luck, but on choice.

• RIP 1

On 6/29/2018 at 10:47 PM, EvilMark said:

Can we get the Sanhok loot changes ported over to Erangel and Miramar please? 

And the blue zone timers... which is WAY better than the old one..,.

• Like 1

in my opinion 400 XP for people trouble isnt enough, you need to refund people who paid for a non working  product.....Dont sell something that doesnt work, makes you look extremely cheap and the fact that AGAIN you didnt test this properly shows that you dont really think about anything but MONEY. Refund people until you get it working properly....I totally get it that people have tons of different configurations of computers, but some of these things not registering could have been found by a blind man. 

Edited by Officer Ovaries

On 6/29/2018 at 3:47 PM, EvilMark said:

Can we get the Sanhok loot changes ported over to Erangel and Miramar please? 

Please DO NOT do this.  Sanhok has waaaay too much loot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Please DO NOT do this.  Sanhok has waaaay too much loot.

Agreed, Sanhok has a tighter loot table because many people are ment to and likely to land in the same spots, thus you need to get equipped faster. the larger maps gives more time to loot, and less density of players giving more time. :)

On 6/30/2018 at 11:38 AM, shruiken1989 said:

Yeah today noone plays solo erangel.

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying Shruiken. Either that or you do not play solo anymore because you no longer have a choice. Around the time Sanhok was introduced it was changed so that you are auto assigned to either erangel or miramar when in solo (fpp) mode (not being argumentative, just sharing).

make the full mapselection available if the estimated waiting time is smaller then 1 minute ?