Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PredatorJuice

I thought they fixed this ages ago.

Are you referring to how it just pushes the player instead of mowing them down?

On the other hand at least you did get the kill.

I stopped trying to run people over a while back because of this. It’s not worth the risk of being shot just to push them along. 

Wasn't aware of a fix

I'm sure they did an update a couple of months ago because people were complaining about being run over, the update did what you just watched on the video. They very quickly (supposedly) reverted back to the previous patch. Obviously it didn't work. I'd have been gutted if he'd have killed me. 

Nice hood ornament, I've done that before too. Although one of the times the poor sap's body was stuck in the undercarriage and when I tried to drive after looting his crate the game launched my vehicle in the air and exploded. 
Sometimes the vehicle kills can be really gratifying lol

The update referred to (above) added a speed variable to player impact from vehicles.

If you hit them at a higher speed the most of the time its an insta. At slower speeds it'll take a couple of bumps before they go dow .

K.

23 minutes ago, Keano1981 said:

The update referred to (above) added a speed variable to player impact from vehicles.

If you hit them at a higher speed the most of the time its an insta. At slower speeds it'll take a couple of bumps before they go dow .

K.

This. You hit him slowly, in a buggy. 

Hit someone full speed in a UAZ, they dead.

I wouldn't describe hitting someone at speed (admittedly not full speed) and them flying about 75 yards a slow impact. It's not very realistic. All the adverts for car crashes that I've seen show some very fucked up people after being hit by a car doing 35 mph, none of them simply bounced off, they died. One day hopefully they'll get this game right. Fix the crashes first.

From personal experience when I was a kid, being hit by a car going ~30 isn't always fatal. I came out of it with a broken leg (compound fracture) & some other scars. In real life scenario it all depends on how you are hit. Pubg as much as it wants to imitate real life it misses the mark on so many things.

Wow sorry to hear about your misfortune as a child. So you did bounce off it and then hopped on your one good leg and return fire with an automatic weapon just like in PUBG. Maybe this does have it right after all and I'm the one in the wrong. 

Went flying good 30 feet or so, but I do agree that someone hit like that would not be in fighting shape whatsoever. Much like shooting someone in a limb would be a 'good luck trying to move or shoot' scenario. 

3 hours ago, HybridGT said:

Good thing to note is that it's in km/h, not mph.

You bloomin foreigners with your Kph! lol

Mph my good chap, Mph.

K.

6 minutes ago, Keano1981 said:

You bloomin foreigners with your Kph! lol

Mph my good chap, Mph.

K.

Seems you're in the minority on that one buddy.

p7rri0trqbpy.jpg

9 hours ago, PredatorJuice said:

I wouldn't describe hitting someone at speed (admittedly not full speed) and them flying about 75 yards a slow impact. It's not very realistic. All the adverts for car crashes that I've seen show some very fucked up people after being hit by a car doing 35 mph, none of them simply bounced off, they died. One day hopefully they'll get this game right. Fix the crashes first.

Nor is healing up gunshot woulds with a first aid kit, a redbull and some painkillers. It's a video game - not reality.

8 hours ago, PredatorJuice said:

Wow sorry to hear about your misfortune as a child. So you did bounce off it and then hopped on your one good leg and return fire with an automatic weapon just like in PUBG. Maybe this does have it right after all and I'm the one in the wrong. 

Someone already mentioned it - the reason ppl bounce off cars at lower speeds is because of the car meta that was happening in the first few months after release of this game. It was altered/modified in a few patches until they found the right balance. Now, there's hardly any car meta going on in the final circles. Again, it's a video game, it's not real life. Nowhere in this world would you be able to take a 7.62mm sniped shot to the head, wearing only a helmet, and be able to walk it off. 

32 minutes ago, AndySMH said:

Americans learn both systems. 

So they can ignore the dominant one :D 

4 hours ago, HybridGT said:

Seems you're in the minority on that one buddy.

p7rri0trqbpy.jpg

We harass Americans for using imperial?

Nobody ever uses KPH in the UK as far as I know, I've never heard anyone say KPH when talking about how fast a speeding ticket was anyway.

11 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

We harass Americans for using imperial?

Nobody ever uses KPH in the UK as far as I know, I've never heard anyone say KPH when talking about how fast a speeding ticket was anyway.

Well the UK IS in green so... I've got some british friends, they use a mix of imperial and metric when talking about weights and measurements. Not just KPH. But, that's what, 2 people out of 65+million? Hardly a large sample size.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Orange said:

Well the UK IS in green so... I've got some british friends, they use a mix of imperial and metric when talking about weights and measurements. Not just KPH. But, that's what, 2 people out of 65+million? Hardly a large sample size.

I know, I live there.

We use both for weights and measurements, depending on who we're talking to. I was just talking about MPH/KPH because the thread's about vehicles, I don't think anybody uses KPH in the UK though.

What sample?

6 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

I know, I live there.

We use both for weights and measurements, depending on who we're talking to. I was just talking about MPH/KPH because the thread's about vehicles, I don't think anybody uses KPH in the UK though.

What sample?

I was poking fun at my sample size (two friends). I was just saying that I may be taking as fact something that isn't because my exposure to the UK is limited ?

6 hours ago, Mr.Orange said:

Someone already mentioned it - the reason ppl bounce off cars at lower speeds is because of the car meta that was happening in the first few months after release of this game. It was altered/modified in a few patches until they found the right balance. Now, there's hardly any car meta going on in the final circles. Again, it's a video game, it's not real life. Nowhere in this world would you be able to take a 7.62mm sniped shot to the head, wearing only a helmet, and be able to walk it off. 

Fair one can't disagree with your logic. 

10 hours ago, Mr.Orange said:

I was poking fun at my sample size (two friends). I was just saying that I may be taking as fact something that isn't because my exposure to the UK is limited ?

Oh right, I thought I had missed some stats ?

Mine is also limited, I don't like going outside to talk to those freaks, I prefer to stay indoors playing PUBG