Marshmallow_Fox

Vehicle forced 1st person camera(ish)

I saw a buggy that someone had obviously had a game crash in, since it sat there most of the round with him in the drivers seat. I shot him dead and got in. Whenever I got into the vehicle, I was forced to something like the normal FPS camera, but it was located behind my helmet and face cosmetics, so most of the time, I was looking at the inside of a ballistic mask. I can't say what happened when I hit my toggle camera button, I died too quickly. But I did confirm that getting out of the vehicle switched it back to 3rd person, and getting back in switched it back to that quasi-first person.

Replying to this topic since it won't let me edit my first post:

The body of the player I killed was still inside the vehicle while this bug was happening.

16 hours ago, Marshmallow_Fox said:

Replying to this topic since it won't let me edit my first post:

The body of the player I killed was still inside the vehicle while this bug was happening.

Hmm, do you have any screen shots of what it looked like when you were forced into first person?

No, unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, I was dead pretty quickly after. Someone was watching the vehicle the whole time, so I wasn't able to document it in the confusion. 

Bumping this topic with an update. I was watching a FOG video and it looks like he ran into a very similar issue that seems to be tied to an enemy ragdoll sticking with the buggy. It can be seen near the end of this video. The timestamp should be around the point.

https://youtu.be/fxe77UoimyY?t=9m49s

You will see that the 3rd person camera keeps having trouble staying in the right spot, sometimes snapping into the interior of the vehicle geometry. I haven't had this situation happen to me in the game since posting it, so I can't say if it still happens or not.

• Like 1