Sign in to follow this  
KrinklDinkl

WHY DO MY SETTINGS KEEP BEING RESET??

Simple question, why the hell do my settings keep getting reset every single time that I launch the game? It's very frustrating to have to go through and re-apply all my settings and keybindings EVERY TIME I LAUNCH THE DAMN GAME!!

5 hours ago, KrinklDinkl said:

Simple question, why the hell do my settings keep getting reset every single time that I launch the game? It's very frustrating to have to go through and re-apply all my settings and keybindings EVERY TIME I LAUNCH THE DAMN GAME!!

Once you change them and exit try making the GameUserSettings.ini read only. This should lock and save your settings. 

@Caesar of Roma Ok so I'm checking the GameUserSettings.ini and it says "Read Only" already. However, it still erases all of my settings when I relaunch the game. 

9791c0c54a.png

Resets every damn time. I've also checked "Read Only" off and back on, and it still does this. Idk wtf is going on but it's severely pissing me off and it makes me not want to continue playing until I can fix it.

Edited by KrinklDinkl

Kept happening to me aswell, and the read only on or off does nada, it seems to have something to do with non-english keyboard users, and once i switched from native to english querty layout it seems to stick, but i got to switch from my native to english every time before i launch the game, if i forget, all the settings and keybinds/sens go back to default, Very frustrating!

2 hours ago, KrinklDinkl said:

@Caesar of Roma Ok so I'm checking the GameUserSettings.ini and it says "Read Only" already. However, it still erases all of my settings when I relaunch the game. 

Resets every damn time. I've also checked "Read Only" off and back on, and it still does this. Idk wtf is going on but it's severely pissing me off and it makes me not want to continue playing until I can fix it.

You need to take the "Read Only" off. The game cannot change the file if it's read only, so your settings won't change. So no "Read only", launch game, make changes, exit the game and turn "Read only" back on IF you feel the need to do so. But in general it's not something that's going to benefit you at all.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KrinklDinkl said:

@Aiiiiiiiii Oh man thanks so much! Yeah I'm not too savvy when it comes to game files and such. I really appreciate the help!!

No problem :) Glad to be of service. Enjoy the game and see you on the island!

Was wondering if anyone was having problems with In Game Settings like graphics, and control settings getting reset every time you go to launch the game.  If not I am.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would help, but no luck.  For example, my graphic settings will all be on ultra every time I re launch the game I switch to what I want and hit apply.  I shutdown the game and re open it and it's set back to ultra.  If anyone could help that would be great.  Thanks.