Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PredatorJuice

Kar98 bullet damage wtf?

1 minute ago, Keano1981 said:

Same here! 

There is something amiss (for lack of a better term) with the Kar98 for SOME users. I have seen various Xbox streamers use it quite effectively, yet have had 2-3 occurrences where there has been a clear head-shot (within 50m), blood splatters but no kill registered.

I have killed people with the SKS from a similar range with head-shots without a problem, yet something appears 'off' with the Kar98.

K.

The only real time I get inconsistency is when I chuck a x4 scope on a Sniper Rifle, oh and when I use a Mini14..... I had better hit accuracy swapping the x8 onto my M416 which didn't have a stock on than use the Mini !!!

While there are bugs in the game, 99% of the problems lie between chair and controller.

It is WAY more probable that you did a mistake or don't know a certain mechanic etc. than the fact, that you were killed because of a bug. 
If you could provide a video we will gladly help you improve your play or, if really a bug, provide you the appropriate consolation and help you to find a way around that bug.

With no video, I'll just say that you were the mistake and not the game - with the risk of approx. 1% of being wrong.

Desync has gotten way worst since last patch .  

Im almost sure this happened in NA .  

The WOrld is invading NA servers ATM which is why we are having crappy desync . 

Sorry guys no video to upload. Wish I did to prove the naysayers wrong but I have no reason to lie, certainly not come on this forum and be ridiculed by people. For all those people who have no issues with the game, lucky you. For those like me who have had their share of problems, good luck. 

Just to let everyone know I knocked someone last night with one shot from the Kar98, he had lvl 2 helmet. So it does work correctly sometimes. That was with a X2 scope from about 100 metres. 

Bring on the criticism.

14 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

That was horseshit, definite headshot from you. Skin made of steel that lad. 

As far as I know, bullets are absorbed form the glass of a window. It actually would have been a headshot if you would have broken the glass first with your punches of a silenced pistol. 
Mechanics of the game... even if I would like to see that one gone... a mistake I still make way too often :S

20 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

but I have no reason to lie

Not saying you lie. Just saying you probably did something wrong and just don't know / realized it.
Too many examples when it did go that way. e.g. the poor buy a few posts above this forgetting the glass in the window.
Or another thread I saw yesterday of a guy claiming his opponent vanished behind a tree where in fact his screen settings were not optimal and he just couldn't see the guy walking in front of the tree etc. 
As said before: 99% sure it was not a game-bug.

Lol, no vid ? 

You didn't hit him in the head, period. It might have been lag, or desync or whatever... But you didn't hit him in the head. 

2 hours ago, silverhammer said:

As far as I know, bullets are absorbed form the glass of a window. It actually would have been a headshot if you would have broken the glass first with your punches of a silenced pistol. 
Mechanics of the game... even if I would like to see that one gone... a mistake I still make way too often :S

Ok so in that case the mechanics of the game are not what they should be. I don't disagree that the glass would slow the bullet but absolutely not that much on a 100yd shot. 

17 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

Ok so in that case the mechanics of the game are not what they should be. I don't disagree that the glass would slow the bullet but absolutely not that much on a 100yd shot. 

Crossing my fingers for a bullet pemetration being implementet soon 

Windows, wall sheds, cars, limbs, etc...

1 hour ago, silverhammer said:

Crossing my fingers for a bullet pemetration being implementet soon 

Windows, wall sheds, cars, limbs, etc...

Absolutely I put a suggestion on this forum ages ago for the exact same thing only for it to be met with nothing but negativity as always. 

2 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

Absolutely I put a suggestion on this forum ages ago for the exact same thing only for it to be met with nothing but negativity as always. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that they are looking to implement this....