Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PredatorJuice

Kar98 bullet damage wtf?

This game is a joke. Two clear headshots with a kar98 through a x4 from 50 metres to kill someone with a lvl 1 helmet only for me to be killed with full health, lvl 2 helmet and lvl 2 vest from about the same distance to my left by one shot from.... You guessed it a kar98. Anger does not reflect my mood with this game sometimes.

3 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

This game is a joke. Two clear headshots with a kar98 through a x4 from 50 metres to kill someone with a lvl 1 helmet only for me to be killed with full health, lvl 2 helmet and lvl 2 vest from about the same distance to my left by one shot from.... You guessed it a kar98. Anger does not reflect my mood with this game sometimes.

I'm going out on a limb here....

You didn't record it did you? I bet you have dvr switched off.

3 minutes ago, Orange Beast said:

I'm going out on a limb here....

You didn't record it did you? I bet you have dvr switched off.

don't you dare asking obvious questions....

Its because of the high winds in this game mate. Im guessing you had extremely high winds coming towards you which in turn slowed your bullet down to the point of it being a bb gun.

Whereas he was shooting with the wind. 

19 minutes ago, Orange Beast said:

I bet you have dvr switched off.

Sorry to hijack thread but....

Ive had mine turned off for some time and still able to capture using the xbox. Is this for something else? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

Kar is a one shot headshot with a lvl 2 helmet: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nayte/video/47201732

1 minute ago, Tick625 said:

Sorry to hijack thread but....

Ive had mine turned off for some time and still able to capture using the xbox. Is this for something else? Thanks!

In PUBG you have the option to turn auto dvr on or off. If you have it on, it will auto record kills and deaths in pubg (and does a pretty good job imho). Of corse you can always record sequences of the game manually according to the settings you have chosen in the xbox settings.

In the xbox settings you can chose to turn the capturing option off completely if you want. This might help out the xbox performance in some circumstances but I don't think it is wort it. 

So to remember: 2 settings:
general xbox dvr (if turned of, there will be no recording at all)
PUBG dvr (if turned off, you can still record manually by doubleklicking the xbox button and then x or y

You obv didnt hit him in the head once let alone twice. or he was further away than you thought and you didnt lead your shot. Did you get blood splatter on both shots? 

1 minute ago, silverhammer said:

In PUBG you have the option to turn auto dvr on or off. If you have it on, it will auto record kills and deaths in pubg (and does a pretty good job imho). Of corse you can always record sequences of the game manually according to the settings you have chosen in the xbox settings.

In the xbox settings you can chose to turn the capturing option off completely if you want. This might help out the xbox performance in some circumstances but I don't think it is wort it. 

So to remember: 2 settings:
general xbox dvr (if turned of, there will be no recording at all)
PUBG dvr (if turned off, you can still record manually by doubleklicking the xbox button and then x or y

Many thanks!  You learn something new everyday!

I thought it was a bug tbh, ive also turned my music off but it still kicks in for a second every now and then before realising i have it disabled, Ill turn it back on later!

Just now, silverhammer said:

nice shots
may I ask you what sensitivity you are using on that scope?

Deadzone at 5, All sensitivities set to 5 (apart from x15, that's on 10) & Aim Acceleration is 0

2 minutes ago, bodymore420 said:

How'd you edit them together? Good shots btw 

yea i did so the clip wasnt as big.... was kills 4-7 in my 9 kill solo win. wasnt brave enough to keep using it i pulled out the ol trusty m4 for the last couple kills lol 

Edit - sorry i misread your post... i used upload studio app on the store to edit clips 

Just now, bodymore420 said:

How'd you edit them together? Good shots btw 

1. record clip
  2. upload capture to xbox dvr (online)
  3. find & download file here
  4. edit the clips with what ever editing software you want to use on your pc (I like da vinci resolve, its free but it does way more than you will ever need)
  5. Export and upload the finished clip

I would like to know how to get it on xbox dvr again... never managed to do that ;)
Maybe there is a easier way than I chose untill now...

ive never been successful with a 1 shot kar98 headshot kill.  I have had many headshots and all of them required more work.  BUT Ive been headshot and killed instantly.  Im not sure what part of the game dynamic I am missing.

18 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

You obv didnt hit him in the head once let alone twice. or he was further away than you thought and you didnt lead your shot. Did you get blood splatter on both shots? 

Yes I can 100% assure you he was hit in the forehead with both shots he was still by a tree facing me. 

2 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

Yes I can 100% assure you he was hit in the forehead with both shots he was still by a tree facing me. 

image.png.08a730ffdc96f43b826fe3397740a003.png

I don't normally have any issues but today really pissed me off. My mate got angry the other day when I was hit by a car at full speed and bounced off about 40ft took damage but still able to return fire. He on the hand was hit by another going a lot slower just after me and he got knocked only to be dragged under the car for ages till he died. I can appear losing its part of playing a game against 99 other people but I can't accept the inconsistency.

1 minute ago, Balloonknot said:

ive never been successful with a 1 shot kar98 headshot kill.  I have had many headshots and all of them required more work.  BUT Ive been headshot and killed instantly.  Im not sure what part of the game dynamic I am missing.

Same here! 

There is something amiss (for lack of a better term) with the Kar98 for SOME users. I have seen various Xbox streamers use it quite effectively, yet have had 2-3 occurrences where there has been a clear head-shot (within 50m), blood splatters but no kill registered.

I have killed people with the SKS from a similar range with head-shots without a problem, yet something appears 'off' with the Kar98.

K.