Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeityRaid

PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Let South Africa compete in African qualifier spot!

PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Let South Africa compete in African qualifier spot!  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should South Africa be allowed to compete in the Middle/North African qualifiers?

• Yes!
    • Yes! Yes! Yes!

Hi All,

With the announcement of the PUBG Global Invitational 2018 granting each region seeding opportunities, this is a plead from the South African community to allow us to compete in the Middle/North African qualifiers! We have a healthy scene with many of our top teams competing both locally and in EU to get us onto the competitive map. We've got what it takes to top Africa's best and take on the world!

ZkHdVkcPyznHnzI-800x450-noPad.jpg

19 hours ago, Artoo_glhf said:

The region should be Middle East and Africa, not just North Africa.

Yeah its great they tried to include a part of Africa but it dosent help when the major scene of the continent lies in south Africa...

1 hour ago, The Dexo said:

Yeah its great they tried to include a part of Africa but it dosent help when the major scene of the continent lies in south Africa...

maybe it's because south africa has some much bigger real life issues to deal with right now!

8 minutes ago, Scar Face said:

maybe it's because south africa has some much bigger real life issues to deal with right now!

I'd love to know what issues you're referring to that would have effected this decision to exclude us?

Just now, DeityRaid said:

I'd love to know what issues you're referring to that would have effected this decision to exclude us?

just saying...south africa has some major issues right now. you will just have to check the news yourself. I am not going to educate you from 8,000 miles away.

just saying...south africa has some major issues right now. you will just have to check the news yourself. I am not going to educate you from 8,000 miles away.

I'm not saying we don't have issues. I'm asking you which of those issues you feel are relative to a companies choice to include Northern and Central Africa but exclude Southern Africa from an esports event?

1 hour ago, Scar Face said:

This comment reeks of you not having no idea about what you're talking about... we already have esports teams competing in other games internationally, as well as the fact that South Africa competed and won the ESL Africa CSGO tournament.  There's no logical reason I can see to exclude South Africa from this event.

1 hour ago, Scar Face said:

You Truly are a delinquent my friend, Limiting an entire region due to "issues". As if no other countries have "issues" 

Lets list a few 

Germany 

Every 2nd day i read that someone has driven over 20+ people in a act of terrorism

UK most of EU 

Huge issues with refugees flooding in 

USA 
Trump, school shooting, random killings .

Aisa 
North Korea

Shall we now ignore all these regions too ?

Get a flipping brain pls

10 minutes ago, Prokill88 said:

You Truly are a delinquent my friend, Limiting an entire region due to "issues". As if no other countries have "issues" 

I didn't limit anything. take it up with pubg. or maybe the guptas and zuma can help! lmao

not sure how I am getting the blame...but its funny as hell!

What? Why would they include North Africa but not South Africa? That makes no sense at all or can someone enlighten me with the reason for this?

2 hours ago, Scar Face said:

Phew. Thankfully the rest of the world is in a completely utopian state of peace and love. Otherwise how would we play video games?

10 minutes ago, Freshenmeyer said:

Phew. Thankfully the rest of the world is in a completely utopian state of peace and love. Otherwise how would we play video games?

the planet is actually in one of the most peaceful times of human existence. 

1 minute ago, Scar Face said:

the planet is actually in one of the most peaceful times of human existence.  

You can say the same about Southern Africa also.