PUBG_Hawkinz

Your feedback is needed on safezone and bluezone balancing!

i liked the new bluezone changes. it fixed the boring midgame and the time to loot and the loot was decreased, so we could not stack up everytime with 10 medikits/10 boosters/fully equipped weapons. the patch was much more challenging and made it difficulter to survive. -_- the carspawnrate outside of the first circle could be increased. maybe make the new bluezone changes still playable as an event (solo tpp/fpp only for faster matchmaking) and improve it from there before moving it to the liveservers? the bluezone changes are still playable on the testserver, but not much players play on the testserver, it makes it hard to find a match in NA. :| AS SOLO TPP matches can be joined fast.

• Like 1

I replied previously with a way to help the mid game, but I wanted to also talk about how the blue zone changes effected me.  I'm one of the players who tries to land away from the cities and early combat areas.  I like roaming the maps, looting the smaller areas, and hunting my way towards the safe areas.  I rarely use a vehicle and when I do it's almost always because I mistimed the circle and need to get caught up quickly.  I'm still learning the game and have less than 100 hrs of Solo/FPP played.

The fast bluezone made the game unplayable for me.  I couldn't keep up with the initial circle and actually loot so I got behind early.  This caused me to have to use a vehicle but I stopped too far back because I was trying to hunt instead of just move to the center circle.  There was no time for hunting.  There was no time for moving through the map and looting as I go.  

The only thing I had time to do was run for the next circle.

All of this means I'm extremely vulnerable to people who got lucky enough to be inside the circle area and have time to loot and watch for people running to them.  It also means I don't have a lot of options on how to approach the match.  I can't loop around to enter from a side away from the flight path.  I can't patiently stalk to player I see ahead of me moving in buildings.  I can't use the sound of other players fighting to come in from a flank.

I really think reducing the times to loot and maneuver make the game unplayable.  I didn't log in like I normally do because I couldn't see a way to have fun when the changes were still active.  The game felt more like Call of Duty, a game I haven't enjoyed playing since Modern Warfare 2 came out.  PUBG offers a unique experience because there are so many ways to play the game.  If I want faster action I can drop to one of the contested areas early on.  If I want a slower pace (and this is my preferred option most of the time) then I can take my time reading the terrain and hunting.  

The end game changes to the blue circle make sense.  I've died several times because the circle just moves too fast while I'm trying to gain a better position.  Slowing down the circle while reducing the time between circle movements is a good way to keep a good pace while still allowing people the chance to maneuver.  

I've already provided a suggestion about increasing the fighting during the mid game instead of having it happen in the first few minutes.  The only suggestion I can make about the blue zones and safe zones is have the next circle move away from the previous circle's center more.  The circle tends to keep falling back closer and closer to it's center which encourages static play.  I'd like to see the circle move around more and make it harder to sit still through most of the match.  

or instead of making changes to the bluezones and timers try to spread out the players more over the map. the midgame is boring and empty, because half of the players drop at hotspots like school/pecado and die in the first 5 minutes...  how to prevent this?????????????? the players need a incentive to win the match and must try to survive as long as possible. maybe give a penalty for those players that die in a hotspot in the first 5 minutes? https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/211710-matchmaking-lock-to-fix-the-boring-midgame/?do=findComment&comment=744803

Edited by fail0r

4 hours ago, fail0r said:

or instead of making changes to the bluezones and timers try to spread out the players more over the map. the midgame is boring and empty, because half of the players drop at hotspots like school/pecado and die in the first 5 minutes...  how to prevent this?????????????? the players need a incentive to win the match and must try to survive as long as possible. maybe give a penalty for those players that die in a hotspot in the first 5 minutes? https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/211710-matchmaking-lock-to-fix-the-boring-midgame/?do=findComment&comment=744803

yeah, punish players who prefer fragging insted of running and hiding. Thats a great idea. And what is a hotspot anyway - if theres a plane thats not going above school and you have to fly 1,5km to reach it and 4 ppl go there - will those 3 that die there in first 5 minutes get punished as it is considered a hotspot? Like cmon lets be serious.

35 minutes ago, HerrHebel said:

yeah, punish players who prefer fragging insted of running and hiding. Thats a great idea. And what is a hotspot anyway - if theres a plane thats not going above school and you have to fly 1,5km to reach it and 4 ppl go there - will those 3 that die there in first 5 minutes get punished as it is considered a hotspot? Like cmon lets be serious.

Herr is right, punishing people for playing the game is a bad idea.  Look at my post on page 1 for ways to encourage fights to spread out without forcing people to play differently.  Carrots are better than sticks.

On 14.4.2018 at 8:02 AM, Ruar35 said:

I think one of the first things that should be changed is how loot is distributed.  Having a few areas of dense loot means people are going to congregate to those areas.

yes the loot need some improvements, maybe spawn only rare loot outside of hotspots and mark them on the map would spread out the players?

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/212361-spawn-rare-loot-only-outside-of-hotspots-and-show-a-hint-on-the-map-where-the-loot-can-be-found-to-spread-out-the-players-more-over-the-map/

the best feedback you can receive is not listening cryers that cant adapt to new changes on meta game (more competitive settings at blue circle) 

They prefeer to keep crying instead try to learn how to really play this game. I ' m really unmotivated with your game since you removed the changes without saying a word only because a lot of people didnt try to learn how to play the new meta. I hope this is not your way to do the things, the 100% people i know love the changes but you still keep reading forums cryers, reddit etc. Keep doing same that did h1 and you'll have same results, reddit is full of cryers same as here, they can't even adapt to changes on blue zone that create an arcade midgame, they prefeer to stay camping in a house trying to get one kill doing the snake in front of door. And yeah, I know 'bout what im talking, that's why I have +1600 hours and im constantly on top 10 eu 

• Like 1

They should have done some sort of poll before doing the roll back. I heard only minor complaints about the circle movement adjustments and it seemed like most of the players liked the update, but the outcry of some players that are active in forums made it look like the majority is against it. Of course the first 2 circles were a bit too fast and it killed the game for people that tend to loot the outsides of the map, but the mid and late game was much smoother than before. Some sort of mix between both version would therefore be much appreciated.

I wish they polled like 3-4 questions before the rollback, e.g.

1: Do you think the circle adjustments are beneficial for the pace of the game and general gameplay?

2. Is the looting phase long enough? (here maybe 4 or 5 answer possibilities with "way too slow", "too slow", "just fine", "too fast", "way too fast")

3. Do you like the new circle movement speed?

3. Should the circle damage be upped or downed?

Then we would have an actual statistic about what the player want to be changed and what not.

Edited by Maro

1 hour ago, nemerethhhhhh said:

the best feedback you can receive is not listening cryers that cant adapt to new changes on meta game (more competitive settings at blue circle) 

They prefeer to keep crying instead try to learn how to really play this game. I ' m really unmotivated with your game since you removed the changes without saying a word only because a lot of people didnt try to learn how to play the new meta. I hope this is not your way to do the things, the 100% people i know love the changes but you still keep reading forums cryers, reddit etc. Keep doing same that did h1 and you'll have same results, reddit is full of cryers same as here, they can't even adapt to changes on blue zone that create an arcade midgame, they prefeer to stay camping in a house trying to get one kill doing the snake in front of door. And yeah, I know 'bout what im talking, that's why I have +1600 hours and im constantly on top 10 eu 

This isn't a simple case of adapting to changes.  You seem to be overlooking that there are several methods of playing the game and the changes to the blue zone eliminated at least two of those methods.  Yes, players could adapt by adopting a new method of playing the game, but not everyone enjoys that style of play.  Some people enjoy a slower pace instead of constantly rushing into combat.  The changes removed the ability to play in a slow, calculated manner and instead forced constant movement and rushing.  Maybe a few matches could be played slower at the start if RNG blessed you with a central starting point, but even then the rush of players moving to the center early on greatly reduced the time a slower pace could be used.

The changes were not really something that could be adapted for some play styles.  The changes removed those playstyles completely which is what many players were upset about.  Fast paced games already exist so if players want that style of play they can find it in other games.  The slow pace was unique to PUBG and with it being removed there was no longer reasons to continue playing PUBG for many people.

Finally, considering human nature leads us to confirmation bias it is very easy to see why your group of friends all agree with your style of play and why you feel most people agree with you.  You dismiss the people who disagree and don't notice their feedback as much because it doesn't fit with your feelings about how the game should be played.  Fortunately the devs did see the feedback and realized their changes harmed the game so they removed them.  You should try reading through the feedback with the goal of understanding what it is people didn't like instead of just looking for the opinions that agree with your own.  Many people thought the late game changes to the circles made sense while the early game changes destroyed several methods of playing the game.

On 13.4.2018 at 6:07 AM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Next week, we’ll implement more improvements based on your feedback. So please tell us what you think about the latest changes!

2 suggestions:

1.) show the first circle while in plane on erangel and miramar, so the slow players can drop near/in the circle and cannot cry that the first circles are to fast

2.)

increase the bluezone delay in phase 2 to 180

increase the blue zone speed in phase 1 to 40

decrease the blue zone speed in phase 2 to 11.4

zone_jpg.jpg

https://ibb.co/nszK97

i liked the new bluezone changes. Best patch ever for end game.in the last zones you do not only need to run and hope that you will be shot you can run with the zone and also defend yourself before the players had in the last zone always a very big advantage because the zone was too fast to fight and run

Looking at the numbers for the old values gives me a headache; the intervals, speed, and damage need to have some kind of consistency. The old blue zone was infuriating because there was always that one circle that started chunking you if you didn't make it inside it, and you had to remember which one it was, because the damage values didn't ramp/scale in a way that felt natural.

I think the new values were a little too aggressive, but the patterning of them was a step in the right direction.

I'd like to see something like this:

Blue Zone Delay:

1st: 90*+300

2nd: 180s (3m)

3rd: 120s (2m)

4th: 90s (1.5m)

5th: 60s (1m)

6th: 60s

7th: 60s

8th: 60s

9th: 90*+10

See? Every interval is divisible by a half-minute. No weird numbers to remember. If you graphed these times out, you'd have a nice curve. You could do the same thing with the...

Blue Zone Speed:

1st: 20

2nd: 15

3rd: 10

4th: 5

5th: 2.5

6th: 2

7th: 1.5

8th: .75

9th: .75

These numbers are very close to what you rolled back from update #10: slightly faster earlier (offset by the time that I added), but slightly slower later, when those players who have made it to the endgame might want a little more time to move carefully into position, or might require time to heal from combat.

As for the damage, again, I'd like to see it scale smoothly...

Blue Zone Damage:

1st: 0.4 (250 ticks to kill)

2nd: 0.6 (166 ticks to kill)

3rd: 0.8 (125 ticks to kill)

4th: 1 (100 ticks to kill)

5th: 2 (50 ticks to kill)

6th: 4 (25 ticks to kill)

7th: 6 (17 ticks to kill)

8th: 8 (13 ticks to kill)

9th: 10 (10 ticks to kill)

These damage values are a little less punishing than your numbers, but also easy to remember: the last circle is going to chunk you for 10% of your health per second. Prior to that, the damage is only slightly reduced, but with the reduced time, that is probably balanced.

In the end, my ideal chart probably looks like this:

Blue Zone Delay/Speed/Damage:

1st: 90*+300s / 20 / 0.4

2nd: 180s / 15 / 0.6

3rd: 120s / 10 / 0.8

4th: 90s / 5 / 1

5th: 60s / 2.5 / 2

6th: 60s / 2 / 4

7th: 60s / 1.5 / 6

8th: 60s / .75 / 8

9th: 90*+10s / .75 / 10

Edited by Auturgist
  • Like 1

Simply say the first 2 blue zone should be unchanged while the rest should be changed...the last 3 should be slightly faster than the new changes.

With the latest patch, we updated bluezone balance to speed up the early game phase (and make the end-game less punishing).

or dont make changes to the early game, speed up the midgame and slow down the endgame

Next week, we’ll implement more improvements based on your feedback.

today is saturday, 1 day left :(

First of, we wont get a solution where we all be happy with.

For me as a player which has around 1000 hours of playtime i feel like this:

- Show circle at the beginning

- raise up the ar spawn rate

- 1. circle 240 seconds ok

- speed up the time 1. circle closes a bit

- make 2. circle zone delay on 120 sec

- let it close fast

- 3. circle 90 seconds

- 3. circle zone speed should be outrunable on all sides

- for the following circles zone delay around 90 + seconds

- also zone speed, you should be able to outrun them aswell

- zone dmg is/was fine

--> an all in all time at max 25min. would be great

2nd

- if u wont any changes on looting time and phases just put in some voluntary action for players in the "dead" early and mid game

--> this could be the flare gun, maybe let drop more often 2 airdrops, and let plane fly curves, maybe add another type of airdrop (blue smoke for more healstuff)

just let people who wanna play and move, do this

its so annoying to wait until the real action starts

Furthermore i think u have some great ideas and things for the future. why not having the testrealm up the whole time and test things longer than 12 hours.

edit: i wanna to say that all times and things are not evaluated, just a feeling my firends and me have, cause we nearly play this game every day and talk about this

Edited by SwiTcH_ShoTzzz

I liked the new blue circle. Speed up the initial part, which prevents llayers spending too much time looting and just fighting. Prolong late game so that most of the good loot is obtained by killing other players on the field

End game circles need to move slower. I hate running marathons. Just one mans oppinion.

Hi all, With the latest patch, we updated bluezone balance to speed up the early game phase (and make the end-game less punishing). Next week, we’ll implement more improvements based on your feedback. So please tell us what you think about the latest changes! Thank you for playing PUBG!

What happened with the changes? I remember you changed the blue-zone and it was pretty stressful, then you changed back? and now you want our feedback for future changes? Or have I got everything wrong? 

I would like you to change the time between blue-zone LITTLE faster, but not to much! 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Hi all, 

With the latest patch, we updated bluezone balance to speed up the early game phase (and make the end-game less punishing).

Next week, we’ll implement more improvements based on your feedback. So please tell us what you think about the latest changes!

Thank you for playing PUBG!

PUBG Corp.

Fix the game bugs/stability before altering guns, zones, loot etc. And when I said altering guns, i mean changing them. It's bad enough the mini14 is pretty useless and the m16 has more recoil and cant take more than a 4x now. The m416 is perfectly fine as is.

Can you also explain how forum member suggestions are taken into consideration when we are far less than 1% of the over all playing population?

Edited by won slow truck

35 minutes ago, erkogbg said:

What happened with the changes? I remember you changed the blue-zone and it was pretty stressful, then you changed back? and now you want our feedback for future changes? Or have I got everything wrong? 

I would like you to change the time between blue-zone LITTLE faster, but not to much! 

I hope they will put back the slow endzones as they were and the looting zones need some speeding up. It takes way too long to lover the cyrcles :(

6 minutes ago, nEwWofficial said:

I hope they will put back the slow endzones as they were and the looting zones need some speeding up. It takes way too long to lover the cyrcles :(

I won a couple solos this weekend easier due to the zones killing people because they could not out run them. I dont see how making it slower to help those who dont understand the game helps since a lot of us understand it and use it to our advantage.

Edited by won slow truck

I have no words, other then to legit ask you to turn off your servers or sell your game to devs who know what they are doing.

First circle needs more time +1 mins and less punishing as many vehicles may be damaged by other players purposely, no cars , or all taken up. I’ve died many a game by having no vehicle and the circle eating my supplies up. 

Dont care about the middles circles 

last 3 circles are too fast and punishing . Layoff of the damage