Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stambo

This used to be a game for EVERYONE

Now for me, it's ruined.

I'm old, I'm slow and my eye sight is not what it was 40 years ago.

I was a fairly passive, slow, survivor type player.

I used stealth and cunning to get the occasional chicken dinner.

Now I'm forced to rush due to the circle changes.

I no longer enjoy it.

I simply cannot compete with younger, faster players with far better eyes than mine.

With over 1000 hours in this game, it is time for me to retire until these changes are either reversed or at least changed to some middle ground.

I may play the odd game but the enjoyment is lost.

I used to be a staunch defender of this game, even with all it's faults but this can sadly no longer continue.

So long and thanks for all the fish chickens.

I agree, this new patch made the matches too fast. The game was fun because it was slow periods punctuated by firefights, now the game is forcing a deathmatch style. They should revert the circle changes and focus on improving the rest of the game imo

yes, indeed they are ruining the game! no wonder all the players are leaving! my friends, family and myself are also very close to completely quitting!

Yep, totally agree with you OP.

This update literally broke the game with these circle changes.

Before it was perfect, I could choose if i want to rush into the fights or play sneaky. But now they just made everybody rush.

Seems like PUBG going casual FP/TP shooter... And this is not good :/

1. Get glasses if you dont. Im 29 and I just figured out that I really need it, I had no clue until I tried one. 

2. Practice. Muscle memory will improve.

3. Tactics and plan ahead. Maybe change your jumps and you can keep the play style but you have to be on your toes. 

I want a quicker mid game. After initial Hacienda its 20 min of looting for me or I go into a building and a guy like you sitting their, camping/cunning and smoking me. 

For me - this is a good change. I enjoy running and gunning. 

Just now, poweROFLuck said:

What i mean by my post is that its was your choice to play a game that requires reflex and fast movement and you knew it by the time you downloaded it.
And i told you it wont affect your style just cause circles move faster.
Im 31 and im glad that my IQ isnt equal with temperature in alaska and when im going to be 55+ years old im not going to demand games to make changes according to my reflexes in game.. 
I say bluehole go make 1st circle last 15minutes, cause 5min circle sucks :D Logic of 50year old guy who cant read and start personal offend KEWL

Are you sure you didn't mistype your age? You meant 13, not 31, yes?

I agree with you there. Fact is and havent you flippin seen it yet? Fortnite is changing this game too? Only thing missin is bloody building forts.

1 minute ago, Gomer_Pyle said:

I agree with you there. Fact is and havent you flippin seen it yet? Fortnite is changing this game too? Only thing missin is bloody building forts.

Yep and this is sad AS F**K that PUBG is going that trashy fortnite'ish way. Please Bluehole, if we want that lego shit, we can easily switch to that cartoon thing (game?), but leave some core elements in PUBG AS IT IS.

I'm 42 and regularly play with older people, we are well above average at Chicken dinners, I suggest you need practice.

42 minutes ago, Stambo said:

Now for me, it's ruined.

I no longer enjoy it.

I simply cannot compete with younger, faster players with far better eyes than mine.

With over 1000 hours in this game, it is time for me to retire until these changes are either reversed or at least changed to some middle ground.

I used to be a staunch defender of this game, even with all it's faults but this can sadly no longer continue.

I am most probably in the same boat as you; age, skills and tactics. I haven't touched the game since the update, and now you made me worried about the changes.

Many of the recent changes I did not like at all, skins, emotes, crates and all that crap. If somehow changed the whole feeling of the game so much that I am considering quitting completely, and what you report here might as well be the final straw for me. If the frustration outweighs the fun it is definitely time to move on. Sad but true.

48 minutes ago, Stambo said:

Did you actually look at the changes? The circles that actually matter (#5+,  even #4) are MUCH slower, you don't have to rush anywhere at all anymore.

49 minutes ago, Stambo said:

Now for me, it's ruined.

I no longer enjoy it.

I think you just need some time to adjust to the changes rather than instantly calling them out for destroying the stealth aspect. Ive just played a few games and honsetly all it does it force you to move more and camp less. A change in tactical approach is needed for sure, but no more so than when they increased the blue zone damage a few patches back. Honestly, the only real changes that matter here is that you spend maybe a little longer in the blue than before (and if you are anything like me and my buddies, you often tank the first 2-3 zones anyway regardless)

People were complaining that mid game was slow, which I do agree was the case. You just need to modify your stealth tactics to account for the decreased time avaliable for looting.

Just now, Dafni said:

I am most probably in the same boat as you; age, skills and tactics. I haven't touched the game since the update, and now you made me worried about the changes.

Many of the recent changes I did not like at all, skins, emotes, crates and all that crap. If somehow changed the whole feeling of the game so much that I am considering quitting completely, and what you report here might as well be the final straw for me. If the frustration outweighs the fun it is definitely time to move on. Sad but true.

Just try it, you will be disappointed if you loved the old system. Now it looks like a joke (or event), but not the real PUBG :/

the real challenger is mavericks(also "cereal" realistic game), pubg already lost to fortnite by the numbers in eu na because they are arcady people to begin with, chinese market is mainly pc so they are still around, but not much longer with the monthss of hacker devastation

h1z1 going even more arcady vs pubg beating them, not working because pubg beat them by being less arcady

pubg going more arcady vs fortnite beating them, not working because fortnite won not because of a better game, but because of shittier playerbase, all while middle fingering what made pubg tick in the first place and all its real fans

2 minutes ago, poweROFLuck said:

What i mean by my post is that its was your choice to play a game that requires reflex and fast movement and you knew it by the time you downloaded it.

When I downloaded it I could use stealth and cunning and win the odd game, they have changed the game I downloaded.

2 minutes ago, pankarezasss said:

And i told you it wont affect your style just cause circles move faster.

Umm yes it does, I have tried it and I don't like it hence the first post.

5 minutes ago, poweROFLuck said:

Im 31 and im glad that my IQ isnt equal with temperature in alaska

Not far off though by the look of your logic and grammar.

8 minutes ago, poweROFLuck said:

and when im going to be 55+ years old im not going to demand games to make changes according to my reflexes in game.. 

I would like the game that I bought over a year ago that suited my playstyle, however nowhere have I demanded changes.
They have been forced upon me.

13 minutes ago, poweROFLuck said:

Logic of 50year old guy who cant read and start personal offend KEWL

You are way off at 50, and guess what, I CAN read as I had to read all your dribble to make these replies.

@Stambo Totally agree with your post, but I've never said " And i told you it wont affect your style just cause circles move faster. " It was that brain damaged kid :D

I haven't played the new patch yet, so I'm basing this on the patch notes...To be honest I kinda like the new mid and late game circle changes (on paper).

Before, in the mid and late game the game was in a bit of a "lull" when the circle was not moving; most people were mostly staying put and not doing much until the circle came close to moving, and then the circle speed would be a pain in the ass; you didn't have much you could do while running away from the blue.

Now, the "lull-period" is shorter making players active earlier and now you can do stuff while the blue is moving, as it is much slower. The same was on the codename: Savage and I really enjoyed those settings.

However, I don't like the early game changes to the circle (shorter time and faster blue). I used take my time to loot early game so I can fight/survive better in the mid/late game...but we'll see.

1 minute ago, pankarezasss said:

@Stambo Totally agree with your post, but I've never said " And i told you it wont affect your style just cause circles move faster. " It was that brain damaged kid :D

Oops, sorry bud, quoted from the wrong post.

3 minutes ago, poweROFLuck said:

Since is his choice to play this game by knowing he is slow he just has to accept the fact that he is slow on a fast game that requires reflexes and keep playing the way he does without crying.

3 minutes ago, Stambo said:

When I downloaded it I could use stealth and cunning and win the odd game, they have changed the game I downloaded.

you get why i can't estimate your intelligence very high right? If not qed.

6 minutes ago, Takarii said:

I think you just need some time to adjust to the changes rather than instantly calling them out for destroying the stealth aspect. Ive just played a few games and honsetly all it does it force you to move more and camp less. A change in tactical approach is needed for sure, but no more so than when they increased the blue zone damage a few patches back. Honestly, the only real changes that matter here is that you spend maybe a little longer in the blue than before (and if you are anything like me and my buddies, you often tank the first 2-3 zones anyway regardless)

People were complaining that mid game was slow, which I do agree was the case. You just need to modify your stealth tactics to account for the decreased time avaliable for looting.

At least one good answer I can agree with. I haven't played the changes yet but it seems to me that you need to move earlier in the game so they reduced the loot phase...and with the decrease of the new zone being extreme to the edge they even more increase centerbuilding camping.

4 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

Did you actually look at the changes? The circles that actually matter (#5+,  even #4) are MUCH slower, you don't have to rush anywhere at all anymore.

It actually doesn't matter. With more damage from circles, waiting for it to start without transport is plain suicide (and even with transport, as bad things can happen). Sure you can outrun it. But you still have to run from it. A single guy with a transport prepared can shoot at you all he want and run away the moment he feel the danger. Not to mention the circle edges. Expect people on each remotely useful position - both "campers". and desperate people who failed to get any loot.

1 minute ago, Kraistus said:

However, I don't like the early game changes to the circle (shorter time and faster blue). I used take my time to loot early game so I can fight/survive better in the mid/late game...but we'll see.

The early game changes are necessary to accomodate slower mid-late game. Game time of 30-35 min is long enough and I wouldn't want it to get longer = early game had to be shortened (and that's also good, since half of that was doing nothing anyway (either looting for something you don't really need anymore or hunting people for no reason or just driving around...)).

2 minutes ago, Kraistus said:

I haven't played the new patch yet, so I'm basing this on the patch notes...To be honest I kinda like the new mid and late game circle changes (on paper).

Before, in the mid and late game the game was in a bit of a "lull" when the circle was not moving; most people were mostly staying put and not doing much until the circle came close to moving, and then the circle speed would be a pain in the ass; you didn't have much you could do while running away from the blue.

Now, the "lull-period" is shorter making players active earlier and now you can do stuff while the blue is moving, as it is much slower. The same was on the codename: Savage and I really enjoyed those settings.

But alot of old playerbase (who have started to play this game ~1year ago) was used to the core things in PUBG.

Sometimes I feel like dropping into the school to start the match, BUT sometimes I felt like i want to fly away 2km, take a car, drive 2km more, loot military base BY MY OWN, and then rush to the second/third circle when tanking in blue. Now I feel that this only will be in my memory :/ #PUBGnostalgia

I never posted here and will post here just once, then I am out.

I dislike the changes too and I guess it is time to try out Fortnite, although I dislike the comic style of it.

But well Blue Hole: With so many issues, this game has, you decide to change one thing that had no issues at all.

GG.

i agree....you can't force players to rush into the last war without giving them time to move and time to think and time for a battle to get the right position ...it sucks :( sad that they ignore their players... RIP

7 minutes ago, Madzai said:

With more damage from circles, waiting for it to start without transport is plain suicide

What more damage? The damage is unchanged. You can med through first 4 circles with boosts and/or bandages (if you found even no bandages, then you really had a bad bad run...).

Full boost heals 0.5/sec (edited). 2nd zone damage is 0.6/sec = you don't even need the bandages, if you have boosts... You'll need to bandage occasionally for the 4th zone (1hp/sec), but if you're not in the white by that time, then you simply started moving WAY too late (sometime in the 2nd-3rd zone?).