Riggles

Codename: Savage Beta - Day Two Update

PUBG_Hawkinz

Message added by PUBG_Hawkinz

pubg.jpg.89a332684d61b4621342152748e0738a.jpg

Within the next few hours we will open up access to Squads alongside Solo queue on the Codename: Savage Closed Experimental Server. Heads up that adding the extra queue will likely result in longer matchmaking times during off-peak hours. We're also re-opening signups for the test and giving away hundreds of thousands more keys for those who missed the first round of giveaways. 

More keys are available right now on https://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com

Along with Squads, we’re also shipping some other changes to Codename: Savage based on early feedback:

• Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
  • The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
  • Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
  • Red zone frequency has been lowered
  • There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
  • Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often. Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.

This update is rolling out now.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, gooddocLP said:

Just got this code, can only play TPP for some reason?....

unfortunately i think all regions except America and EU are locked to TPP, as the two mentioned prior are locked to FPP

would be great if i could get a code to play without the site trying to make me buy the game again....wtf  (and yes, i did the set to public profile edit) 

pubg fail.jpg

5 minutes ago, specific78 said:

would be great if i could get a code to play without the site trying to make me buy the game again....wtf  (and yes, i did the set to public profile edit) 

pubg fail.jpg

Hey specific. 

You've signed into a different Steam account via our website, the account name differs from the one displayed in your first screenshot.

Go to www.steamcommunity.com sign out, then sign in when the Steam account that owns PUBG. Once you've done this, return to our key distribution website (you may have to clear your cookies).

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Hey specific. 

You've signed into a different Steam account via our website, the account name differs from the one displayed in your first screenshot.

I don't think he signed in to the wrong account. the name you see in the top right is his login name. The Website just displays your steam profile name, so there is no way you can tell if he is using the wrong account just by those pictures. 

Edit: In fact you can see that his account name does NOT differ from the one in his first screenshot, the one that does however differ is his login name which is not relevant.

5b7575cfa94dc7c77e146a7599afb7f6.jpg

1f999044-3c65-417f-b3ea-7ceac532d745.jpg

Edited by Azusa

When I go to activate product and type in the code, it says- Too many activation attempts.

Any help please?

1 hour ago, Azusa said:

I don't think he signed in to the wrong account. the name you see in the top right is his login name. The Website just displays your steam profile name, so there is no way you can tell if he is using the wrong account just by those pictures. 

Edit: In fact you can see that his account name does NOT differ from the one in his first screenshot, the one that does however differ is his login name which is not relevant.

True! My mistake, thanks for pointing that out :) 

@specific78 If you're still having problems, please let us know. Clearing cookies/trying incognito mode in your browser is a troubleshooting step worth trying.

45 minutes ago, goebells said:

got the key, then whats next ? lol

Open up Steam and at the top click Games > Activate a Product on Steam and then look for PUBG: Closed Experimental Server in your games library

1 hour ago, BenasTrol said:

When I go to activate product and type in the code, it says- Too many activation attempts.

Any help please?

When you input the code in the Steam activation window? You may simply have to wait a few minutes, as Steam may impose a temporarily limit on the maximum attempts when redeeming product codes. 

Please let us know if you're still experiencing any issues activating the key.

1 hour ago, BenasTrol said:

Any help please?

This is Steam problem, you must try after 30 minutes. i guess you  try too many key activations.

Steam key activation

;

Edited by SKYHUN

4 minutes ago, 5_Star_ownage said:

Anything for my problem?

It should still be possible but i don't know how it acts if it already gave you a key.

4 hours ago, PUBG_Riggles said:

Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.

ok, now on official servers or fix them xD

Edited by harnas
  • RIP 1

2 hours ago, 5_Star_ownage said:

Is it still possible to get keys genned up for the beta testing? I did it through the site and got a bum key for it ;-;

Oh! That's strange, all keys should work. Can you please double check to see if you have PUBG: Closed Experimental Server in your Steam games library?

11 minutes ago, 5_Star_ownage said:

Anything for my problem?

If it isn't there, please clear your cookies/open the page in incognito mode and re-login to our key distribution site. 

Please send me a PM if your keep is still unable to be redeemed. We'll get this sorted for you ASAP, one way or another :) 

Bloody top job on the map.

It is a perfect length game. Any shorter would feel like CSGO and any longer you would feel that annoyance of being killed at your first encounter after 20 minutes of not seeing anyone while loooting/running into the circle.

The lag in picking up weapons at the beginning is annoying though. There may even be too much loot to choose from but I like the options that the amount of loot provides.

• Thanks 1

Few things need to be fixed, the last circles go way to quickly which makes rng much more a predictor of the winner rather than skill. needs less loot i found 8 m416 in 3 buildings. need to fix the blood bug where you cant see blood. sound is kind of buggy and you cant exactly tell where the sounds are coming from. increased items such as attachments and health items. would love to see cave systems in this map it would make for interesting fights maybe a cave inside a waterfall would be nice. would like to see a new gun for this map, make one huge city in the map possibly in directly in the center of the map.

6 hours ago, PUBG_Riggles said:

pubg.jpg.89a332684d61b4621342152748e0738a.jpg

Within the next few hours we will open up access to Squads alongside Solo queue on the Codename: Savage Closed Experimental Server. Heads up that adding the extra queue will likely result in longer matchmaking times during off-peak hours. We're also re-opening signups for the test and giving away hundreds of thousands more keys for those who missed the first round of giveaways. 

More keys are available right now on https://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com

Along with Squads, we’re also shipping some other changes to Codename: Savage based on early feedback:

• Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
  • The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
  • Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
  • Red zone frequency has been lowered
  • There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
  • Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often. Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.

This update is rolling out now.

Hi, i have a problem, when you start the game, not give me the option of choosing only duo or squad, either I get to select any region, I need help please.

I leave a picture for you to see. As well it appears down my character tells me that I need to upgrade, but I do not get anyupdate on Steam.

5ac49ea6a9569_pubg34.png.fc8a325adaa96be701aa1b98613e345e.png

Thank you!!

I don't know where to post my feedback(haven't looked too hard) so here it is:

I love it mostly. Just got a few comments

1) Sometimes floor material is bugged for footsteps, it can sound like i'm on wood while i'm oustide on grass.

2) Pretty often there's a sound glitch, maintly after someone has shot a gun somewhere, I hear a kind of echo of that shot, hard to describe, it's like a static sound of gunshot that cuts off very abruptly and it sounds bugged.

3) The map is clean! Very little clutter and I like that, very good for gameplay. I know that it won't stay that way because art department tends to want to fill gaming areas with so much props and stuff that very often impedes gameplay but oh well, I hope they don't add to much. :)

4) Map grid: You should make a grid for a 4x4km map instead of just using the 8x8 grid because that means that now, black squares are 500m and small white square in minimap are 50x50m and that's confusing.

5) Please remove the red zone(and that goes for the other maps) OR make them random. They nearly always land in Pecado or Pochinki and it just disrupts good gameplay and i'm sure you don't want that. :)

6) There's some areas that loot is hidden in floors, like at the Abandoned Resort, just like in the Al Azahar Police station in Miramar.

7) Initial circle seems too big for 4x4km but I haven't played enough yet to have a good feeling about it yet.

8) Matches are shorter, it felt like timers to circles might be too fast? not sure about that either.

9) Pretty often I don't see blood splatter when I hit someone.

That's it for now but last: Thank you very much to the team to have decided to release a test of this map in its current state instead of waiting for more polish, that way you will have better feedback early on and i'm going to say that I think you are on the right track with this.

Edited by Jeps
  • Like 1

Could you please extend the testing period? I'm having way too much fun on this new map! :D

• Like 4