Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Boi

M&K Aren't Going Anywhere

Recommended Posts

The thing is Hori Tac will be an absolute failure. Just like it is a failure on PS4. The translation is crap and it's not 1:1. Everybody goes out and buys a XIM over a Hori Tac. That's the case with PS4 currently. I can see exactly the same happening with the Hori Tac for Xbox. 

 

Why overpay for a shit low quality keypad with a mouse that has a shitty sensor when you can buy a mouse with a flawless sensor and a mechanical keyboard with Cherry Reds, get a XIM and have the best experience ever for about the same price. 

 

The XIM gives you an amazing advantage if you're good with a mouse and keyboard in the first place, me being a PC player all my life I went from like 1-2 kill games with a controller to 10+ kills every time and top spot on the leaderboards.

 

bJsYFAp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

The thing is Hori Tac will be an absolute failure. Just like it is a failure on PS4. The translation is crap and it's not 1:1. Everybody goes out and buys a XIM over a Hori Tac. That's the case with PS4 currently. I can see exactly the same happening with the Hori Tac for Xbox. 

 

Why overpay for a shit low quality keypad with a mouse that has a shitty sensor when you can buy a mouse with a flawless sensor and a mechanical keyboard with Cherry Reds, get a XIM and have the best experience ever for about the same price. 

 

The XIM gives you an amazing advantage if you're good with a mouse and keyboard in the first place, me being a PC player all my life I went from like 1-2 kill games with a controller to 10+ kills every time and top spot on the leaderboards.

 

bJsYFAp.jpg

 

 

Oh, you're gunna get along famously on these forums...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, I Bad Co I said:

 

 

Oh, you're gunna get along famously on these forums...

 

 

 

Ohh I hope so! People shouldn't hate. I just use my preferred input device. If I was brought up around a controller I would use an Elite Controller or something and would do miles better with that. Been a PC gamer my entire life and controllers are something new to me. A lot of people also say go get a gaming PC. Well I do have a £1000 gaming PC and Xbox One X. No one to play with on PC, it's crap. Xbox's social side of things is so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

Ohh I hope so! People shouldn't hate. I just use my preferred input device. If I was brought up around a controller I would use an Elite Controller or something and would do miles better with that. Been a PC gamer my entire life and controllers are something new to me. A lot of people also say go get a gaming PC. Well I do have a £1000 gaming PC and Xbox One X. No one to play with on PC, it's crap. Xbox's social side of things is so much better.

if being social is the reason to play on console why not use the controller as intended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

if being social is the reason to play on console why not use the controller as intended?

 

1. I have been using MnK for 14+ years and some of them years were competitive at LAN Parties so I'm very good using MnK

2. I'm an absolute potato with a controller in my hands, don't stand a chance against people who used controllers all their life

3. I already had a mouse and keyboard so why spend £100+ on an Elite controller when I can buy a XIM Apex and use my own peripherals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paneross said:

Xbox One X gives an advantage over S and OG. A m&k doesn't render in weapons and buildings before other players like the X does.

 

The Xbox One X renders grass (cover) at a further distance.

This means that to an X1X user an enemy is hidden in grass but an OG user would see that same enemy laying out in the open with no grass to hide them.

Then the OG has the advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

Ohh I hope so! People shouldn't hate. I just use my preferred input device. If I was brought up around a controller I would use an Elite Controller or something and would do miles better with that. Been a PC gamer my entire life and controllers are something new to me. A lot of people also say go get a gaming PC. Well I do have a £1000 gaming PC and Xbox One X. No one to play with on PC, it's crap. Xbox's social side of things is so much better.

 

...there's only a handful of excuses to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

...there's only a handful of excuses to choose from.

What I hear is that the XIM users are trash with a controller and don't want to put in any time getting used to it. These poor guys when they finally do disable these devices are going to so lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

The Xbox One X renders grass (cover) at a further distance.

This means that to an X1X user an enemy is hidden in grass but an OG user would see that same enemy laying out in the open with no grass to hide them.

Then the OG has the advantage.

The X 100% confirmed  renders in buildings and weapons before an OG Xbox does. The have advantage at the start every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

1. I have been using MnK for 14+ years and some of them years were competitive at LAN Parties so I'm very good using MnK

2. I'm an absolute potato with a controller in my hands, don't stand a chance against people who used controllers all their life

3. I already had a mouse and keyboard so why spend £100+ on an Elite controller when I can buy a XIM Apex and use my own peripherals

why buy an elite controller at all? 

if the social is what youre after you should be fine with the controller your box comes with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

why buy an elite controller at all? 

if the social is what youre after you should be fine with the controller your box comes with.

 

FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not a controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is MnK really that big of a problem on Pub? I have about 20 days played and honestly couldn't tell you if ive gone against someone using MnK it kind of seems like an exaggerated issue. Just my opinion though

 

Some people are just good and accurate and hit their shots... doesnt mean they're cheating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Paneross said:

The X 100% confirmed  renders in buildings and weapons before an OG Xbox does. The have advantage at the start every game.

Unless you have an SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not a controller.

Tell that to call of duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not a controller.

were that true I imagine all console shooters would have native support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paneross said:

Xbox One X gives an advantage over S and OG. A m&k doesn't render in weapons and buildings before other players like the X does.

Also grass renders in farther on x so that Is a disadvantage on x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not a controller.

FPS games on a console are meant to be played with a controller, FPS games on a PC are meant to be played with a M&K. You're social aspect excuse is laughable, like your morals. 3 milion concurrent players on steam makes it blantantly obvious you're just looking for any excuse to validate the fact you need advantage because you're trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spen1969 said:

Also grass renders in farther on x so that Is a disadvantage on x

Weapons that load in quicker are deadlier than grass rendering further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GitGudGetXIM said:

 

FPS games are meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not a controller.

 

Meant is the wrong word.

 

“FPS games originated with a mouse and Keyboard not a controller”

 

36 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

were that true I imagine all console shooters would have native support.

 

Native support is only just rolling out, developers like EA are not actively updating old games.

I would imagine (as already discussed on this forum) when MS launch native support then it will come with

an official hardware package (probably look like the Tac hori) with home button and XYAB etc.

 

Id put money on an E3 announcement.

 

1 hour ago, Triplicalityy said:

Tell that to call of duty.

 

COD was being played on MnK long before Cod 3 was released to console. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StillPan G said:

FPS games on a console are meant to be played with a controller, FPS games on a PC are meant to be played with a M&K. You're social aspect excuse is laughable, like your morals. 3 milion concurrent players on steam makes it blantantly obvious you're just looking for any excuse to validate the fact you need advantage because you're trash

Most here tend to forget that the emulators out there operate within the same limits and perimeters of the controller plugged into to it. Meaning everything you can do on the controller you can do on the m&k. At least on console this is 100% true. Therefore it comes down to which fits your preference, do you have more experience and control with a controller or mouse? A person who has played 100% on controller will most likely be worse if they switched to m&k just because they aren't used to it, and don't have the experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Paneross said:

Weapons that load in quicker are deadlier than grass rendering further.

i agree but rendering is only for first 30 secs or so not whole game. i just traded my og box in last week for a x and yes it is night and day especially graphics and i am running on a 1080p not 4k, but pubg was made for one x not og box. that is why it runs better. i can never compare rendering issue on og to a player using m and k after i tried M&K and saw how easy and fast it was to get kills. i am not a great player on average 2 to 5 kills a round but first 2 rounds i played with m and k on my friends og box i got 8 kills and then 12. it was crazy how easy it was. what is funny is i knew i had cheated when i got the kills due to i knew it was m and k against a controller and i did not truly desire the kills. . i will not play with m&k again. i wont even play pubg with my friend due to it just is not a level playing ground, if pubg does not band it by game release ill move on to a game that has a level playing field . what would be the point in playing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, *ThinnamenThwirl said:

They don't make these anymore. They're only sold on eBay by one seller. Also they have no headset support so good luck hearing people coming after you :-)

They DO have a 3.5mm headphone port just like the controllers with the same port.

 

4 hours ago, StillPan G said:

But they blocked native M&K after the first patch?

It doesn't register as a mouse and keyboard by the console, it registers as a controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I Bad Co I said:

 

“FPS games originated with a mouse and Keyboard not a controller”

 

 

Native support is only just rolling out, developers like EA are not actively updating old games.

I would imagine (as already discussed on this forum) when MS launch native support then it will come with

an official hardware package (probably look like the Tac hori) with home button and XYAB etc.

 

Id put money on an E3 announcement.

 

 

COD was being played on MnK long before Cod 3 was released to console. 

 

 

I can remember playing doom on the computer without a mouse. Good times man. Mapped all movement to the right-side number keys... The beginning of my south-paw control problems!

 

I hope they implement native support. I fear, though, that not all games will support it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...