RareOX

Infinite Matchmaking bug OC FPP

I just started getting this one too. Around the time of Map selection, 

Really annoying, doesn't seem any pattern to it but everyone in game is complaining about it over mic so it's far from isolated.

• Like 1

Maybe they were referring to some other issue.  'Preventing players from starting a match' could have been anything

I'm still having the same issue either way.

Edited by chuggz
  • Like 1

yeah this is far from fixed, its been this way for 3 months now on my end and still today i cant find a single fpp game. Ive tried spamming their support page with tickets only to get the same old "we are looking into this" response. Just so confused how their devs could be so relaxed about such a game breaking issue

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Downhill_Flipper said:

yeah this is far from fixed, its been this way for 3 months now on my end and still today i cant find a single fpp game. Ive tried spamming their support page with tickets only to get the same old "we are looking into this" response. Just so confused how their devs could be so relaxed about such a game breaking issue

It's so strange isn't it (them being relaxed about it)

And I mean they're the friggin developers.. How hard can it be to fix the game that they made? Like if they can't then who can?

15 hours ago, chuggz said:

It's so strange isn't it (them being relaxed about it)

And I mean they're the friggin developers.. How hard can it be to fix the game that they made? Like if they can't then who can?

I just cant get my head around it, they dont even have the decency to tweet to everyone that the bug has been identified.

I dont really have any knowledge of how dev teams operate but im almost certain that a combination of the map selection feature and low server pop have a lot to do with it

• Like 2

I'm so over being forced onto SEA where the lag is so bad my shots and blood splatter register on my device but then not on the kill cam after I die.

This is so bad from the developers considering its one of the biggest games in the world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JKS-UNion-Jack said:

Nope. Had to play in Asia all day. The delay and de sync is terrible.

Consider yourself lucky that you get to play the game at all... 

I haven't been able to play the game for weeks. The lack of transparency from Bluehole is a disgrace, and an off chance reply from a Dev on Reddit is not an acceptable response. If Bluehole are suffering from a server/region/bug issue they need to communicate via their official channels. In the meantime I've been playing other games - and enjoying them. If I cant play PUBG because of their matchmaking issues by the end of the week I'm going to request a full refund via steam.

Edited by Vent
  • Like 3

I waited 30 minutes, then after re-starting the lobby waited an additional 40 minutes, followed by selecting TPP and getting a match in 3 seconds.

Same yesterday.

This has been going on for over 2 weeks.

Nothing in the known bugs list, yet posts popping up in Reddit, Whirlpool (Aussie tech/internet forum) and various other places.

This needs to be...

1) Acknowledge officially and immediately

2) Resolved as the highest priority - as long as no one can join a game, no other bugs matter.

3) Affected players compensated - use your database smarts to find OC FPP players of the last 3 months and do something nice.

Failure to acknowledge and have this issue on your bug list within 24 hours and have the issue resolved within 72 hours will have me placing a refund request.

• Like 3

I gave up after almost 40 minutes here...

Then got a TPP game in seconds.

I have submitted a bug reports, as have the people i play with, and then there is this thread, and still nothing in the known bugs post.

Edited by VirtualInsanity
  • Like 3

As a solo FPP player from New Zealand, who is not very good, but has enjoyed this game a lot, I am now totally frustrated.  I have changed nothing with my connection or machine, but suddenly (in the last 3 days) I cannot connect to any solo FPP in any region (but can get instant connection to solo TPP anywhere).  I spent 4 hours trying and retrying last night  - exit/restart, reload lobby start/cancel/start yadayada and in 4 hours of trying, got 2 games on the AS server.  I'm about ready to give up on the game, and the lack of official response to this thread just puts the icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

and today..  While the game update was being carried out, I played on the test server.  Solo FPP on NA, instant game after instant game.  The way this game used to be.  So I can only assume my PC and connection are all fine, and the issue must be with the normal BH servers/software.  I have had no response to my bug report.  Switched back to the normal servers about an hour ago and have not managed to have a single solo FPP game on any region (but have played some TPP (ugh!) which starts almost instantaneously on OC or NA or AS).

I don't know what else to do, and the lack of response from BH is very frustrating.

31 minutes ago, AlacrityNZ said:

and today..  While the game update was being carried out, I played on the test server.  Solo FPP on NA, instant game after instant game.  The way this game used to be.  So I can only assume my PC and connection are all fine, and the issue must be with the normal BH servers/software.  I have had no response to my bug report.  Switched back to the normal servers about an hour ago and have not managed to have a single solo FPP game on any region (but have played some TPP (ugh!) which starts almost instantaneously on OC or NA or AS).

I don't know what else to do, and the lack of response from BH is very frustrating.

Been like this for weeks. I think they're just focussing on the new map and this latest patch, its a shame because the longer it takes, the smaller the OC player base gets.

• Like 1

Got a single game after an 8.8GB patch, but then after nothing, even after many tries.

Ended up leaving it matchmaking and going to the lounge to watch some TV series.....

....... checked in on PC, still matchmaking 2 hours and 30 minutes later.................................................

Good chance i'll go taking a refund tomorrow.

Edited by VirtualInsanity

21 minutes ago, VirtualInsanity said:

Got a single game after an 8.8GB patch, but then after nothing, even after many tries.

Ended up leaving it matchmaking and going to the lounge to watch some TV series.....

....... checked in on PC, still matchmaking 2 hours and 30 minutes later.................................................

Good chance i'll go taking a refund tomorrow.

Can you confirm if you were trying to matchmake using both maps or just one of them?

What region were you matchmaking with and which map(s) did you select?

Thankyou Takarii.  I can tell you that I always set maps to All, and I try first to matchmake with OC (generally give up after 30 mins), then NA, then AS.  On any of the 3 regions, matchmaking will generally sit for ever (well, 30 mins plus and I have walked away for hours and come back and it hasn't found a match).  TPP works fine and is almost instant on any of the three regions.  I am in New Zealand.  Given all the other posts on here, are you able to detail why this is not listed as a bug?  Hopefully VirtualInsanity will also reply..

32 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Can you confirm if you were trying to matchmake using both maps or just one of them?

Same issue here Takarii - in fact pubg support finally got back to me after 2 days only to say it's a confirmed issue and Dev's are working on it - support guy then had the audacity to link me to PUBG's website and social media to keep track of progress. But you know what? This STILL is not listed as a Bug via official channels, so how the hell am I meant to keep track of progress??? After patiently waiting for an 8.8GB update I only got into 1 game, then 30+ attempts at reconnecting to any FPP map in OC never worked again. Since PUBG wont add this to their bug list I'll be taking my full refund and uninstalling the game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Same issue, all Maps, FPP OCE, has been this way for a month.