RareOX

Infinite Matchmaking bug OC FPP

Yeah, im still getting this problem aswell, i tried a vpn and tried connecting to all australian servers (melb, bris, sydney, etc) with no luck on fixing my problem

Edited by GTR
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Downhill_Flipper said:

Yeah im still having these problems man, haven't found a single OC FPP solo game in a week. I even paid for a VPN like suggested only to get the same annoying bullshit, so i feel your frustration. I was hoping they would just find a fix or someone on the forums would have a solution but still nothing.

I think it's just the state of the game mate, I don't think we have enough players to support SOLO FPP in OC. People are getting over this game and every little shitty problem that comes with it.

im in discord with my friends right now that i just tried to queue with, soon as i left the party they could find a game in squad FPP, i dont think its a player base problem considering its still peak time for players in australia..

none of em have problems finding any solo FPP games either unless its outside of peak hours

I wish mine did that lol

they need to fix there problematic matchmaking system, or scrap it and just region lock everyone

I honestly think there are not enough players in OC anymore for solo, UNLESS BH comes out and says otherwise I think we just have to accept it and move on... which they won't, as they give exactly zero feedback on any of their performance statistics.. cause they're probably shit.

i'd say that this FPP matchmaking issue would be the biggest reason for that also, ive had this problem for over 3 months, as i posted about this problem a whole month before rare made this thread, which i also linked it in here, imagine the amount of players too lazy to jump on the forum to voice the problem and just quit the game

25 minutes ago, GTR said:

i'd say that this FPP matchmaking issue would be the biggest reason for that also, ive had this problem for over 3 months, as i posted about this problem a whole month before rare made this thread, which i also linked it in here, imagine the amount of players too lazy to jump on the forum to voice the problem and just quit the game

34 minutes ago, l-Griz-l said:

I honestly think there are not enough players in OC anymore for solo, UNLESS BH comes out and says otherwise I think we just have to accept it and move on... which they won't, as they give exactly zero feedback on any of their performance statistics.. cause they're probably shit.

Yeah I put up with it for about a week but every day just got more and more frustrated, its so friggin ridiculous so now I'm on here writing these posts. (and I'm never normally one to complain on forums, first time!)

I refuse to believe its a player count issue as this wasn't a problem just before this patch.. And guys we're talking about peak times here right?  Friday night and I can't get a single game?? or it takes 35 mins and a bunch of restarting lobby/cancel matchmake etc and suddenly I'm in a game with 80 people? (don't they start at 35 or something?).  Also I have the same problem on other regions as well, I can't (even with a VPN in California...) can't get a solo FFP on NA??? Come on.. You're telling me in ALL of America there isn't just 100 people wanting to play at that one time? Or 35 minutes after that?  And I've tried tethering mobile data as well, so its not my internet connection.

And like I said, none of this was a problem before the patch.  This happened overnight.

And I cant stand the way the devs are just ignoring us like the problem doesn't exist.  Makes me so friggin mad.  Wish I'd never started playing/bought this game :(

• Like 1

There's a reddit post whereby one of the Pubg community managers responded, apparently it's a known issue in this region and points more towards a problem with the matchmaking as apposed to there not being enough players to support FPP. Guess we just have to wait for fix. 

Really love having a game that I paid money for that I can't play. One cock up after another, getting old.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, l-Griz-l said:

There's a reddit post whereby one of the Pubg community managers responded, apparently it's a known issue in this region and points more towards a problem with the matchmaking as apposed to there not being enough players to support FPP. Guess we just have to wait for fix. 

Really love having a game that I paid money for that I can't play. One cock up after another, getting old.

Hey @l-Griz-l do you have a link to said reddit post? Cheers and thank you for shedding more light on this than our community contributor has deigned to do so. @PUBG_RoboDanjal

57 minutes ago, kuronekko47 said:

Hey @l-Griz-l do you have a link to said reddit post? Cheers and thank you for shedding more light on this than our community contributor has deigned to do so. @PUBG_RoboDanjal

+1 to this. 

And I can't beleive I spent more good money (before this happened with latest patch) on those ridiculous 'keys' with the idea of supporting the devs.

And now this is what I get for it... Unable to play the game at all. Grrrrrrr... Thanks

I have the same issue, only 2 games in the last 2 odd weeks as FPP matching does not work on OC Servers.  Pretty poor response from PUDG it looks like.  Was happening before last patch, but seems worse now.

Tried:

VPN/No VPN.

Single map/multi map/other map selection.

Tried restarting game.

Tried restarting lobby.

Tried OutFox routing.

Tested with AS Servers and have no problems.

Tested with TPP on OC Servers and have no problems.

I only play SOLO FPP so can no longer play.

Getting 1 game per 2 hours of trying.

18 hours ago, kuronekko47 said:

17 hours ago, chuggz said:

+1 to this. 

And I can't beleive I spent more good money (before this happened with latest patch) on those ridiculous 'keys' with the idea of supporting the devs.

And now this is what I get for it... Unable to play the game at all. Grrrrrrr... Thanks

Check it out here, response was from @PUBG_Tamat 

• Like 1

This is really gamebreaking now, so I hope they have a fix, or they'll need to hand out a few refunds.

I agree with some previous posters. I don't think this is a bug, i just don't think there's enough people playing FPP OC to make a game, even at peak times now over the last couple of weeks.

I think something they could do to fix it would be make FPP the DEFAULT game mode for a while. People tend to play, and get used to what is default, so IMO that's why most people are playing 3rd person.

41 minutes ago, defecat0r said:

I agree with some previous posters. I don't think this is a bug, i just don't think there's enough people playing FPP OC to make a game, even at peak times now over the last couple of weeks.

I think something they could do to fix it would be make FPP the DEFAULT game mode for a while. People tend to play, and get used to what is default, so IMO that's why most people are playing 3rd person.

This wasn't an issue before the patch though.

I never waited longer than 3 seconds for a match FPP OC Solo prior to the patch.

That and it doesn't work in any region for me, not just OC, even Asia where there would definitely not be a lack of players at any one time

Edited by chuggz

I live in the South East Asian part so naturally I want to play on SEA servers but i cant connect to servers and asian servers are freakingly laggy to play on ...... im having the same issue no matter what settings i try :/ (i can easily connect to asian servers immediately)

if anyone finds a cure for this

please :D help :D 

On 5/18/2018 at 10:56 PM, l-Griz-l said:

I think it's just the state of the game mate, I don't think we have enough players to support SOLO FPP in OC. People are getting over this game and every little shitty problem that comes with it.

I dunno man, if it was an issue of not enough players then I would assume you'd be able to find a game in peak hours. But from what I've experienced and judging by what others on this thread have said about this bug, it seems to occur even around peak hours, but mostly only on FPP servers.

Whatever the problem is though it's been going on for waaaaay too long...

the PUBG OCEANIA discord channel has thousands of members, none of which can get a FPP game, a common belief is that there is a bug and it is further compounded by servers being reassigned to the (utter trash) war mode.

still no comment from bluehole

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ralph said:

the PUBG OCEANIA discord channel has thousands of members, none of which can get a FPP game, a common belief is that there is a bug and it is further compounded by servers being reassigned to the (utter trash) war mode.

Game is totally fucked in our region mate, with no real comment from the devs on an outcome... worst managed game in history. I've stopped playing it after 800 hours, many others will too.

Edited by l-Griz-l
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ralph said:

Yup this says it all

• Like 1

I have the same issue. In fact as of this morning I can not get any sort of game. I live in New Zealand and as an adult with a job and kids I have very limited time to play games. This morning I managed to have a spare hour and wanted to try playing -- I was in the matchmaking queue for an hour (tried FPP and TPP). Are there really that few players playing? 

This will be a vicious circle that will kill this game. People will not wait an hour to play, more people leave it, less players on servers, longer queues, rinse & repeat.

It would help if it could show the current number of players / queued players on your selected server. At least I'd know if it's worth me wasting my time.

I'm ready to move on to something else.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 8:57 PM, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Have you been able to make a mobile hotspot with your phone and try connecting through that? Testing that can shed light on if it is your router, ISP, firewall, or something else altogether. 

Hey @PUBG_RoboDanjal can I ask  as to why you're ghosting us Oceanic players? The least you could do is "I'm just going to go get some milk from the servo." no one expects much from Bluehole but a courtesy runaway would be welcome.

• Like 2

I've been so utterly loyal to this game, playing 1500+ hours, with the same set of friends and pubg acquaintances, and put up with all the highs and lows of the game. But the inability to join an FPP server in squad or duo has been the deal breaker for many people, and it's the first thing that I've seen in the game that actually makes people stop playing the game.

Seriously, look at the number of matches stats for OC FPP Squads, and you must see the rapid if not instant decline since this got worse after the last patch. It's not that no-one wants to join FPP anymore, it's that we can't get a game....I wonder if it is a catch 22, the bug stopping us joining FPP means that there are less servers/games in FPP, until the point no one tries joining it anymore.

Last night I tried with mates for over 30 minutes...can the devs imagine how boring it is to try and matchmake for that long?? Well let me put it in perspective - it was the first time I have had any of my hardcore daily playering pubg pals uninstall the game. I'm not far off myself - I don't mind TPP but if my mates all quit, I'm not hanging around either.

C'mon devs, you must see the numbers of people attempting to join - even in peak Aussie afternoon/evening times, the games aren't working any more. I expect the delay or no FPP games at 3am local time - but during peak times - wtf?

Please look into this, as I said above this seems to be a deal breaker - after sticking with the game through everything so far, this has made people loving this game just give up and move on. Hell, after not being able to get in last night I went and played The Darwin Project myself - it's free, fun and best of all it works.

Fingers crossed you can find a fix, but I fear the snowball effect has already started, you're killing the fpp community (at least in OC), and they won't come back :(

edit: we are located in Perth, I'm not sure how the location affects matchmaking but just added in case it helps

Edited by YAK
added location
  • Like 2