Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paneross

PUBG Corp has become the Bungie of community interaction.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:25 PM, xSMOKEx 20 said:

So you're estimating that there are roughly 400,000 to 800,000 users using KB+M? Probably not even that many people using Elite controllers, lol.

I wouldn’t doubt that there are more m&k players then there are elite controllers...

Just now, Thoroughdeath said:

I wouldn’t doubt that there are more m&k players then there are elite controllers...

We could speculate until we're blue in the face. I doubt it though. :P

4 minutes ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

We could speculate until we're blue in the face. I doubt it though. :P

Let’s see here $150 gimmick controller Microsoft sells that’s been around for a few months vs universal m&k the whole world has used at least one point in there life and has been around since the 1980s. You don’t need to speculate on that one. xD

3 hours ago, 1sho2thedome said:

You have to give plenty of info to paypal as to why you want a refund, my description was this,"software is broken and after 2 months of repeated fixes software still is broken"which is %100 true and accurate. you then get an email about how paypal is in direct contact with microsoft, and then 2 weeks later i get an email saying a agreement has been made and a refund is in order. 100% legit no praying needed other then for bluehole not being sued like ea and their predatory loot boxes

It's not really 100% true, the software is "in development" and you knew that before you bought it.  It was never promised to be complete until it leaves the Game Preview Program.

If your experience doesn't get you banned, then I guess you will luck out.  Just know, that isn't the norm, do a quick search on google if you don't believe me.

No idea what you're talking about with "predatory loot boxes" in regards to PUBG.

3 minutes ago, Thoroughdeath said:

Let’s see here $150 gimmick controller Microsoft sells that’s been around for a few months vs universal m&k the whole world has used at least one point in there life and has been around since the 1980s. You don’t need to speculate on that one. xD

Let's see. The Elite Controller has been out for nearly 2.5 years and was also included in a bundled version of the console, is officially supported by MS and is a natively supported peripheral. So, yeah. o.O

An adapter that allows you to use KB+M is not a supported peripheral and needs to be sought out with intention and setup to use.

At the end of the day, we don't have the data, so let's continue throwing out speculation!

23 minutes ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

Let's see. The Elite Controller has been out for nearly 2.5 years and was also included in a bundled version of the console, is officially supported by MS and is a natively supported peripheral. So, yeah. o.O

An adapter that allows you to use KB+M is not a supported peripheral and needs to be sought out with intention and setup to use.

At the end of the day, we don't have the data, so let's continue throwing out speculation!

Someone’s afraid of speculation. 

22 minutes ago, headspawn said:

It's not really 100% true, the software is "in development" and you knew that before you bought it.  It was never promised to be complete until it leaves the Game Preview Program.

If your experience doesn't get you banned, then I guess you will luck out.  Just know, that isn't the norm, do a quick search on google if you don't believe me.

No idea what you're talking about with "predatory loot boxes" in regards to PUBG.

if it gets me banned  ill just take my $32 and get a new 1 year subscription ,no biggie really

what other game preview can you buy in a retail store?none of them.what game preview has 8 foot tall banners in best buy and game stop? none. what game preview is bundled with a $500 system? none. its predatory in that its marketed as a full release. what parent that goes into best buy to buy their kid a game has any idea what a game preview means? they see giant banners,#1 game sold  and look only $30. out of 4 million copies how many really know what game preview means?on day 1 the splash screen said may experience bugs and glitches, now its been changed to game breaking issues like crashing and network instability ,so dont tell me what the game said before i bought it.

3 hours ago, CharlieHustle said:

I'm aware of that.  However, I asked you for evidence so that we could establish your claims were facts vs. them being speculation.  So unless you can provide something that substantiates what you're saying, your speculation is pretty useless at this point.

That's mighty presumptuous of you.  Also, some would say only an ignorant person would use an apple to oranges comparison to try to somehow draw a parallel between Chinese hackers and people using an emulator such as the XIM.  This isnt even taking into consideration the PS4 players who use the XIM solely so they can use a PS4 controller on the Xbox and play PUBG.

This is exactly why people should post less, and do research more.

You sound like you are for using things like xim. Do you have evidence that m/k use is small?

On 2/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We are on the forums, but you have to remember that there are many more of you than there are of us.  We simply cannot respond to every post or comment that is made.  

That being said, please ensure that your threads are following the rules of the forum as well as your replies. 

On 2/20/2018 at 9:21 AM, Paneross said:

Dev tracker for proof? I'm here more than he is.

His post count nearly 6x yours if not more, thats kind of a feeble accusation

39 minutes ago, 1sho2thedome said:

if it gets me banned  ill just take my $32 and get a new 1 year subscription ,no biggie really

what other game preview can you buy in a retail store?none of them.what game preview has 8 foot tall banners in best buy and game stop? none. what game preview is bundled with a $500 system? none. its predatory in that its marketed as a full release. what parent that goes into best buy to buy their kid a game has any idea what a game preview means? they see giant banners,#1 game sold  and look only $30. out of 4 million copies how many really know what game preview means?on day 1 the splash screen said may experience bugs and glitches, now its been changed to game breaking issues like crashing and network instability ,so dont tell me what the game said before i bought it.

You have a way with mincing words so it's no wonder you're so confused.  I didn't mention anything about what a game screen said on day one or today, that wasn't a point I was arguing, to suggest I said otherwise is some weird strawman argumentative bs.  I said the game was known to be in development when you bought it....

For instance, I will tell you what the game said before you bought it:

1) If you went to Best Buy and saw all those promo materials, they all say "Game Preview".  The front of the box says "GAME IS A WORK IN PROGRESS'.  Your parents have no need to guess what Game Preview is when the back of the box say: "Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product. Game preview information at xbox.com/GamePreview."

2) If you bought it digitally, you received the following fair warning on the page:  "Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product. Game preview information at xbox.com/GamePreview ".  

3)  Anyone with the ability to read will note on xbox.com/GamePreview it says: 

Xbox Game Preview FAQ

What is Xbox Game Preview?

Xbox Game Preview is a way for our fans to preview and purchase work-in-progress digital titles, participate in the development process and help developers make Xbox One games the best they can be.

How does Xbox Game Preview work?

Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. Similarly, select Xbox One features like Share may also be unavailable until the final game is released. Once the game is purchased, you are entitled to every update as the game moves to its final commercial release as well as the final version of the game when it is finished.

----------------------------------------------------

Outside of that MS allotted 14 days to refund the title and two hours of trial for a no questions asked refund.  Anyone that was dumb enough to have missed all of the prior warnings would certainly have known what it meant immediately after turning on the game for the first time.

I wouldn't qualify that as predatory.  Maybe if reading was a problem I could see the issue.

12 hours ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I have received literally thousands of letters". Aka they literally have not updated the known issues list in almost a month. Got me troll? 

Yeah, I was just pointing out that there has been communication.  Which there literally has.  Also, that's not what troll means.

12 hours ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

@RACED is not a troll.  He is simply pointing out that there is communication here.  RoboDanjal is highly active on the forums.  

What he said

12 hours ago, Knicknack said:

You sound like you are for using things like xim. Do you have evidence that m/k use is small?

Listen, I hate the thought of xim and I would probably agree with you on a lot of things you say about it.

However, the burden of proof has to be on the person making the accusation. 

Prove you didn't break into my house last night and eat the last creme egg. What a chaotic world we would live in.

4 hours ago, Orange Beast said:

Tell that to all the guys that lost their careers just being accused of sexual misconduct without a trial or verdict.

3 hours ago, Paneross said:

Tell that to all the guys that lost their careers just being accused of sexual misconduct without a trial or verdict.

Jeez man that's heavy ?

There was me trying to keep light hearted.

Sorry about your career though ?

5 hours ago, Orange Beast said:

Jeez man that's heavy ?

There was me trying to keep light hearted.

Sorry about your career though ?

I don't have to worry about that, unless I can accuse myself doing things to myself hmmmmmmm.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:13 AM, Paneross said:

Look how well it turned out for Bungie. Not talking to your community can ruin your Co and stock values.

We need dev communication somewhere. Just look at their Twitter all their posts and comments are toward PC players.

Stop putting PC first. FOCUS on console now that daddy Microsoft owns you. Get console on par with PC, with very little time updating between versions. Wildcard was able to do it for Ark Survival Evolved and that's a much smaller studio. 

They would only be like Bungie if they fire their composer after all the amazing work that he's done, Get it correct!

You would thin the devs of all people would know if it's a small number off people its still gonna affect a game that has 100 people in it. Its bs we even have to put up with this elitist bs on our console . I play a lot with a lot of people and once this gets out that the top 100 players on Xbox are mnk user this  game will die 

Your funny, using Wildcard as an example of a good dev team. Wildcard only released one patch a month, which usually broke the game even more, and it took them almost six months to make the game possible to even log in.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:47 AM, Orange Beast said:

Listen, I hate the thought of xim and I would probably agree with you on a lot of things you say about it.

Prove you didn't break into my house last night and eat the last creme egg. What a chaotic world we would live in.

Quoted for truth.  When you make a wild accusation (such as Paneross saying that at minimum 20% of each server are MnK users) the burden of proof rests solely on you to substantiate your claim.  Paneross couldnt substantiate his claim, so it was ruled out as being speculation and useless rhetoric.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:55 AM, Paneross said:

I ask for proof, you offer speculation and anecdotes.  Seems not much is going to change.