Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paneross

PUBG Corp has become the Bungie of community interaction.

Who cares if 60% of every game was using them, you aren't playing in a tournament. And if it bothers you that much just ruddy buy one :D 

Or get better. 

I don't see any of the guys I watch on YouTube complaining. ;)

31 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

Who cares if 60% of every game was using them, you aren't playing in a tournament. And if it bothers you that much just ruddy buy one :D 

Or get better. 

I don't see any of the guys I watch on YouTube complaining. ;)

You used the word "ruddy" in your post.  Good sir, I salute thee! 

I know "TheDynasty" and his team that stream on youtube playing Pubg use K/M, they openly talk about it during they're streams.

Started watching a few days ago till I heard them and wouldn't watch them again because of it, I'll not support or endorse any such use.

They are of the opinion that becasue Bluehole haven't prevented M/K use they are allowed to use them.

Any wonder I stopped playing this game, not just the bugs and flaws but the cheats that have to hide behind emulators to disguise the fact they are using more accurate input devices to get an advantage.... wanna use a K/M.... GO PLAY PC,  or is it too hard for you to play against others with the same hardware?

18 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We have been gathering in-game information regarding Third Party device usage over the past few months. Although usage of these devices is statistically very low, fair gameplay is core to our experience, and we will be communicating our plan to curb the use of these devices soon.

so many questions I have, yes - but speak openly on forum you won't, no :(.

good to hear nonetheless, even if the ambiguity is frustrating.

17 hours ago, Paneross said:

Much higher than you think. Visit the manufactures of each different brand and browse the forums for a quick minute. Some have dedicated pages for PUBG on console. Their numbers are larger than you would expect 

First and foremost, what sub-forum of MnK'ers are you referring to that is dedicated to PUBG? Outside of that, I doubt you'd find more than 300-400 unique users that are active on the forums AND play PUBG with a XIM.

If you have data that supports your claim, I'd be delighted to see it.  Otherwise, you're speculating with no real proof or evidence to substantiate what you're claiming.

Per match of 100 people there's realistically 10-20 easily. 

More speculation.  Without evidence (evidence that you couldn't possibly have access to), the idea that 20% of a server are XIM users is a random number that you came up with in your head to paint and support your narrative.

Again, please provide something that supports this wild, outlandish claim.

Sales and support for K&M for PUBG console dispute that.

It would seem that all of your claims arent based in anything tangible, and are 100% speculation.  What evidence of sales do you have that supports this claim? 

Your statement suggests that you not only have access to sales numbers of the XIM, but also a ledger of people using the XIM specifically for PUBG, which I'm 100% positive that you don't. 

This, like above, makes your statement purely speculation with absolutely nothing substantiating it to be fact.

1 hour ago, CharlieHustle said:

First and foremost, what sub-forum of MnK'ers are you referring to that is dedicated to PUBG? Outside of that, I doubt you'd find more than 300-400 unique users that are active on the forums AND play PUBG with a XIM.

If you have data that supports your claim, I'd be delighted to see it.  Otherwise, you're speculating with no real proof or evidence to substantiate what you're claiming.

More speculation.  Without evidence (evidence that you couldn't possibly have access to), the idea that 20% of a server are XIM users is a random number that you came up with in your head to paint and support your narrative.

Again, please provide something that supports this wild, outlandish claim.

It would seem that all of your claims arent based in anything tangible, and are 100% speculation.  What evidence of sales do you have that supports this claim? 

Your statement suggests that you not only have access to sales numbers of the XIM, but also a ledger of people using the XIM specifically for PUBG, which I'm 100% positive that you don't. 

This, like above, makes your statement purely speculation with absolutely nothing substantiating it to be fact.

Hope you know XIM isn't the only manufacturer for emulators. They are just one of the best known.

19 hours ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

So you're estimating that there are roughly 400,000 to 800,000 users using KB+M? Probably not even that many people using Elite controllers, lol.

You under estimate people’s need to have advantage on other players. Maybe not 10-20 but damn near it. All these post about it make scrubs think hey... I suck at shooting let me try mouse and keyboard. Then they yell mom can you buy me xim because I’m a pub scrub.

45 minutes ago, Knicknack said:

You under estimate people’s need to have advantage on other players. Maybe not 10-20 but damn near it. All these post about it make scrubs think hey... I suck at shooting let me try mouse and keyboard. Then they yell mom can you buy me xim because I’m a pub scrub.

Like I said, I haven't run across one person who I thought was using it, and if they were using it, I couldn't discern any noticeable difference. Should the game disable the ability to use KB+M? Of course, but I don't think it is as significant of a problem as others make it out to be.

21 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We have been gathering in-game information regarding Third Party device usage over the past few months. 

I hope when you talk about 3rd party devices you means M&KB, I use an unofficial 3rd party xbox controller, so it won't host microsoft's API

38 minutes ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

Like I said, I haven't run across one person who I thought was using it, and if they were using it, I couldn't discern any noticeable difference. Should the game disable the ability to use KB+M? Of course, but I don't think it is as significant of a problem as others make it out to be.

You may not have determined for yourself you were killed by a MK user, but I promise you 100% at one point you have been. I would bet my house and vehicles on that.

32 minutes ago, U_cant_see_me said:

I hope when you talk about 3rd party devices you means M&KB, I use an unofficial 3rd party xbox controller, so it won't host microsoft's API

Hmmmm perhaps. There are plenty of non Microsoft controllers out there. I'm sure they will elaborate more once they make the announcement.

2 hours ago, Knicknack said:

Accurate, don't understimate people's willingness to go out their way to cheat/gain the advantage. Just look at the numbers of Bans handed out in China on PC, what like 2million +. 

Only ignorant people would assume only a small number would be cheating on console. 

being that they locked and deleted my thread on how to acquire a refund through paypal ,id say they are becoming more and more like EA more deceptive and predatory 

2 minutes ago, 1sho2thedome said:

being that they locked and deleted my thread on how to acquire a refund through paypal ,id say they are becoming more and more like EA more deceptive and predatory 

Thought you'd gone?

22 minutes ago, RACED said:

Thought you'd gone?

nope, just censored by kim jeung and the commies. we wouldnt want 3,999,960(i left room for the fanboys) ppl applying for refunds, would we?

20 minutes ago, 1sho2thedome said:

nope, just censored by kim jeung and the commies. we wouldnt want 3,999,960(i left room for the fanboys) ppl applying for refunds, would we?

Now you're just being silly

58 minutes ago, 1sho2thedome said:

They deleted your thread because you were giving terrible advice that could potentially end up with your account being permanently banned.

I was literally typing to say as much before it was deleted.

What you did is the same as a charge back, you committed marketplace fraud by buying a digital game, playing it like crazy for three months and then forcing a refund that you know you weren't otherwise entitled to (MS does allow refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than two hours played).  At best maybe you'll luck out and it goes unnoticed.

So yeah, you were spreading potentially harmful advice to anyone dumb enough to listen to you.

Pray for your account.  

6 minutes ago, headspawn said:

They deleted your thread because you were giving terrible advice that could potentially end up with your account being permanently banned.

I was literally typing to say as much before it was deleted.

What you did is the same as a charge back, you committed marketplace fraud by buying a digital game, playing it like crazy for three months and then forcing a refund that you know you weren't otherwise entitled to (MS does allow refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than two hours played).  At best maybe you'll luck out and it goes unnoticed.

So yeah, you were spreading potentially harmful advice to anyone dumb enough to listen to you.

Pray for your account.  

You have to give plenty of info to paypal as to why you want a refund, my description was this,"software is broken and after 2 months of repeated fixes software still is broken"which is %100 true and accurate. you then get an email about how paypal is in direct contact with microsoft, and then 2 weeks later i get an email saying a agreement has been made and a refund is in order. 100% legit no praying needed other then for bluehole not being sued like ea and their predatory loot boxes

20 minutes ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:

Funny thing is you got a refund but yet got to keep the game twenty bucks says you'll be playing it later on today. Sounds more like you cheated and ripped off the system to me.

you owe me $20, it said not authorized to connect, then deleted it. like i said b4 in a year or so once a full working release comes out and the reviews are good,more then willing to pay $60

The news and announcements section needs updating atleast daily, that would curb a lot of negative attitude from the community due to design transparency in the future. Even updates of "stay patient were waiting for the green light on a patch, more news to follow etc etc" would let the community know that things are still progressing. Also patch notes well in advance of a patch with the stipulation that things aren't set in stone. Anything that can act as hype and satiate players need for interaction and information. I enjoy the game & am in no rush for a totally stable build these things take time but community interaction and communication has been low. I feel sorry for the one pubg dev who's been thrown to the wolves on here, when daily generalised replies on the announcement section could answers hundred of collated relevant  questions by players on the forum from the previous day. I see this as more efficient and  a more visible way to interact with the community. It's not enough to just answer the question in thread, hardly any forum

users avidly check those. But one centralised response daily would pretty much quell all negativity I feel

52 minutes ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:

Yeah they are doing a great job look at their known issues list it hasn't been updated since February 1st LOL there is literally no communication

By them actually coming on these forums and saying it direct to other forum users is enough for me.  I've never looked at the known issues list ever.

4 hours ago, Paneross said:

Hope you know XIM isn't the only manufacturer for emulators. They are just one of the best known.

I'm aware of that.  However, I asked you for evidence so that we could establish your claims were facts vs. them being speculation.  So unless you can provide something that substantiates what you're saying, your speculation is pretty useless at this point.

2 hours ago, Paneross said:

Accurate, don't understimate people's willingness to go out their way to cheat/gain the advantage. Just look at the numbers of Bans handed out in China on PC, what like 2million +. 

Only ignorant people would assume only a small number would be cheating on console. 

That's mighty presumptuous of you.  Also, some would say only an ignorant person would use an apple to oranges comparison to try to somehow draw a parallel between Chinese hackers and people using an emulator such as the XIM.  This isnt even taking into consideration the PS4 players who use the XIM solely so they can use a PS4 controller on the Xbox and play PUBG.

This is exactly why people should post less, and do research more.

21 minutes ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

Thats not even close to the point I was getting at.  You said giving someone who was good with a controller a mouse would make them unstoppable.

thats not true because it’s very hard to get used to a new input device, especially if you have over a decade worth of time on a different one.

The point I'm making is mouse and keyboard is more accurate than a thumb stick. 

How you go on denying this fact is laughable.

15 hours ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

Thats very very very wrong.

That was your response to me saying people become better with a mouse.

24 minutes ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

Yeah exactly.  My response to “people become better with a mouse”.  Not “mice are more accurate than analog sticks.”  

Let me rephrase.  Please bold, directly where I state that mice are not more accurate.  And no, not twisting a simple sentence into you deciding what it means.

i never once said that mice were not more accurate tools for FPS games, but you assuming that anyone who picks up a mouse is instantly better is (what I was stating in the sentence you Boldened) what is wrong.

it takes quite a bit of practice and time to get decent with any input device.  Someone new to a mouse vs someone with decent experience on a controller will win every gunfight between the two.  On practically any video game.  

As as I have said before.... it’s not an “instant god switch” like a lot of you assume.  Especially a device with input lag and a lack of 1:1 movement.

But the mouse being more accurate  (which you agree with) is precisely the reason it makes people better.  You can't have one without the other.

You seem to be denying the very reason a mouse is better?

I take your point that it's not a God switch. However it does make the vast majority of people better. We all have experience with a mouse after all. Even if you are only using it for word documents.

3 hours ago, @Thinnamenthwirl said:

Yeah they are doing a great job look at their known issues list it hasn't been updated since February 1st LOL there is literally no communication

That's not what literally means. There is communication.