Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paneross

PUBG Corp has become the Bungie of community interaction.

4 minutes ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

Of course it's not impossible, but I don't think it is a realistic scenario either. I don't feel like I've run into one person in my playtime that I would have called out as using KB+M.

At the end of the day the number doesn't matter. What matters is an even playing field for all and Robo confirmed above they have plans to address this and peace of mind for players is a great thing.

1 minute ago, Paneross said:

At the end of the day the number doesn't matter. What matters is an even playing field for all and Robo confirmed above they have plans to address this and peace of mind for players is a great thing.

100% agree. Even if I have less than a 1% chance of running into such a user, I'd rather not have to think about it.

2 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We are on the forums, but you have to remember that there are many more of you than there are of us.  We simply cannot respond to every post or comment that is made.  

That being said, please ensure that your threads are following the rules of the forum as well as your replies. 

Couldn't have been said better. Is there anyway to keep young kids off of here. All this hate speech it's almost too much. Although I laugh everytime.

oh boy xim4 users are gonna be crying soon hahahahahah

btw the pubg devs are able to detect and disable the use of these devices if they choose to 

43 minutes ago, Andymh5 said:

I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second.

Neither do I.

Especially since the dev above specifically stated that "usage of these devices is extremely low."

But, this place that sells em knows much more than the guys who actually make the game.

M&K honestly does not have an advantage what’s so ever.. UNLESS you are really good on playing with it: but let’s drop some Knowledge. 

#1 FPP shooter (GUNLOCK) USES CONTROLLER

one of my very good friends and we always run together 

Point  getting at. ADAPT YOURSELF TO THE GAME AND PLAY BETTER. 

Controller or M&K doesn’t matter what you use. Win your gun fights and stop complaining about this honestly 

2 minutes ago, xB3AVER96 said:

M&K honestly does not have an advantage what’s so ever.. UNLESS you are really good on playing with it: but let’s drop some Knowledge. 

Controller or M&K doesn’t matter what you use. Win your gun fights and stop complaining about this honestly 

All things constant, a user with a KB+M does have an advantage on accuracy/responsiveness. Can a user still be successful with a controller? Of course. But to say it doesn't offer an advantage seems incorrect.

3 minutes ago, xSMOKEx 20 said:

All things constant, a user with a KB+M does have an advantage on accuracy/responsiveness. Can a user still be successful with a controller? Of course. But to say it doesn't offer an advantage seems incorrect.

Did you read exactly what I said? Hmmm

Youd Be surprised on the many people who all are top people and use controllers. I’ve played against hackers and M&K users. They still get pooped on

Just now, xB3AVER96 said:

Did you read exactly what I said? Hmmm

Youd Be surprised on the many people who all are top people and use controllers. I’ve played against hackers and M&K users. They still get pooped on

Yep, I read it. If you takes two users with the same skill and change which peripherals they use, KB+M user will have an advantage. Again, I'm not arguing the fact that players can climb leaderboards without it.

12 minutes ago, xB3AVER96 said:

Mouse is more accurate than a stick.

Fact.

It matters and there's a dev in this very thread saying It's something they want to curb. That means they see it as a problem.

12 minutes ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

With a 1% chance there is no reason to think about it.  I’ve hit top 10 a few times with a controller, been called a M&K user, and a cheater..  guess what?  I use a controller.  It’s a damn witch hunt, and there are tons of people who have talent with controllers or have been using them for over 10+ years.  

For me, it started with playing CoD 3 Online on my PS2.  Those were the days.

You can be a king with a controller for all anybody cares. That's not the point. Give that king a mouse and now he's a God.

Saying people can be talented and win with a controller is like saying usain bolt can still beat you wearing wooden cloggs.

1 hour ago, Paneross said:

Per match of 100 people there's realistically 10-20 easily. 

I doubt that.

5 hours ago, Paneross said:

Look how well it turned out for Bungie. Not talking to your community can ruin your Co and stock values.

We need dev communication somewhere. Just look at their Twitter all their posts and comments are toward PC players.

Stop putting PC first. FOCUS on console now that daddy Microsoft owns you. Get console on par with PC, with very little time updating between versions. Wildcard was able to do it for Ark Survival Evolved and that's a much smaller studio. 

This is the drunkest post I've ever seen on a forum.

1) Tencent has way more invested into Bluehole/PUBG Corp than MS does.  There is a PC release as well as iOS/Android as well as future versions.  That's 30million on PC alone, which is likely more than the entirety of the Xbox One consoles sold to date; then the two Android/iOS games had 75 million pre-registrations before they even launched... the MS deal is literally small beans.

2) "Stop putting PC first".  This is actually a weird statement to make, considering the fact that the console version has a dedicated team focused solely on the Xbox One version.

3) Ark?  Ark hit Game Preview in goddamn 2015 and just got out of Game Preview 5 months ago.  PUBG went in PC early access and out within 9 months; no doubt the Xbox version will be completed in even less time.

4) "..and that's a much smaller studio"... this is incorrect.  Wildcard Studios has 47 employees registered on LinkedIn, we'll assume that is the maximum amount of people currently working there.  The development team working on the PUBG was described as a 5 person team that is also being assisted (in some capacity) by a small unit from within Microsoft.

5) "We need dev communication".  This is a weird time to post this considering RobDanjal has been covering the Xbox section with responses for the past few days.

13 hours ago, Paneross said:

Thanks for your response on this. However....

As community we've been trying to get an official response regarding mouse and keyboard on console. Thousands of players are using emulator to bypass the guards put in place to prevent this. M&K offers enough of an advantage over those using controllers it can easily be considered cheating. We aren't on a witch hunt against these users but rather are there going to be steps taken to prevent the use of these devices, or can they be detected and these users be put in their own servers?

Bottom line, controller users should only be playing against other controllers.

Regards,

Thousands of players hey?  Any proof?..or is this just generically aimed at anyone who has beaten you in a gunfight?

10 hours ago, Orange Beast said:

Mouse is more accurate than a stick.

Fact.

It matters and there's a dev in this very thread saying It's something they want to curb. That means they see it as a problem.

Another fact.....a tool is only as good as the person who wields it...

11 hours ago, xB3AVER96 said:

Says a classic kb&m user

”adapt and play better”

ok...how? Precision and control are far superior using a mouse vs controller. Derp.

4 hours ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

Thats very very very wrong.  Give me a mouse, and I become the exact opposite of a god.  

Its not an insta Shroud switch.. especially not with XIM limitations.  (Input lag, slow sensitivity, mouse acceleration, etc etc..)

Give a gamer who’s played on PC for years, he’s going to be better with a mouse. Most gamers have played on both PC and console. So to say YOU specifically get worse, doesn’t not disprove that a KBM makes people better. It’s proven that people with same PC and console gaming experiences will have better control and will out preform a while using a KBM

1 hour ago, P8ball Ninja 74 said:

Another fact.....a tool is only as good as the person who wields it...

Irrelevant.

Mouse is a better tool than a stick. Therefore a good player with a mouse beats a good player with a stick.

5 hours ago, DidIHurtUrFeels said:

Thats very very very wrong.  Give me a mouse, and I become the exact opposite of a god.  

Its not an insta Shroud switch.. especially not with XIM limitations.  (Input lag, slow sensitivity, mouse acceleration, etc etc..)

It's not very very very wrong or XIM wouldn't even exist would it?

Aim assist wouldn't exist on most console shooters would it?

Deny mouse is more accurate than a stick all you want but it will never change the fact that for most people, your hand moving from point A to point B is faster and more accurate than your thumb doing the same job. The gaming industry has known this for decades.

16 hours ago, Paneross said:

Look how well it turned out for Bungie. Not talking to your community can ruin your Co and stock values.

We need dev communication somewhere. Just look at their Twitter all their posts and comments are toward PC players.

Stop putting PC first. FOCUS on console now that daddy Microsoft owns you. Get console on par with PC, with very little time updating between versions. Wildcard was able to do it for Ark Survival Evolved and that's a much smaller studio. 

Bungie puts out a weekly update bluehole is greedy and don't care comparing the two makes me laugh bungie is way more in touch with their community their community  are just toxic crybabies boringgrounds will never catch up to them

13 hours ago, Paneross said:

Per match of 100 people there's realistically 10-20 easily. 

Yeah m8, you are way off on this one I think. I could imagine a maximum of 5% of userbase.