Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

1 minute ago, zorg00 said:

This entire thread in one photo: 

image.png.628caf2e83a233bbfe6069f3beaf61c9.png

I'd use it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pajama dad said:

I'd use it.

I mean, give me WASD and a right stick instead of a mouse and i'm in. 

2 minutes ago, zorg00 said:

I mean, give me WASD and a right stick instead of a mouse and i'm in. 

I'm the opposite. I'd like to practice with a mouse, but I hate keyboard movement.

Though I can see how pubg needs a keyboard to operate effectively.

Posted (edited)
On 12/8/2018 at 6:30 AM, fUll951 said:

Bro, you do understand these are all conversations about CSGO on PC right? 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, Charlieboy said:

Actually I've figured out that you don't need a Xim to do all of this.

Someone has created a software virtual device which emulates a controller that's compatible with the Game Streaming feature on the Windows Store Xbox app. (It's available on GitHub)

Here's the kicker, even hardwired on my PC/Xbox there's video lag -

But on the flipside... it's not input lag, it's video lag... sooooo....

If I ignore the video stream on my laptop and just use the virtual device as input, the latency from input to movement is probably as little as 1ms - so looking at my TV and using the keyboard/mouse on my laptop it feels completely responsive with no delay from input to action..

With the sens on 20 for everything it feels pretty close to what I'd imagine a native mouse control to be like on PUBG - I'm not sure how the Xim feels as I don't have one/wouldn't buy one, but note that you don't need a Xim to get PC feel mouse controls out of PUBG.

I've been running around the shooting range trying it out and bearing in mind that I sit on a dining chair (my couch isn't close enough to the TV) so I have to use my right knee as a mouse mat I doubt I'd be able to slay people like Shroud can, but I know it's possible to get close to PC feel on Xbox. I'm way more comfortable on M+K than controller, but if I wanted to play M+K I'd have to get a gaming PC (I have a decent laptop, but the GPU is mediocre as I use it for work not play - Dell XPS, not a gaming machine).

I wouldn't take this into a game - it's unfair, and TBH it's also very inconvenient for me to pull a desk into my front room just to get some headshots, but it's possible.

However, this still brings me to my original conclusion that there can't be that many mouse players.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:30 AM, fUll951 said:

Bro, you do understand these are all conversations about CSGO on PC right?  

Bro, you realize they are comparing keyboard/mouse with controller right not like... a Toyota Hilux with an orange. I'm fairly sure there is an analogue there somewhere. Look harder.

Edited by woolchicken

Posted (edited)
On 12/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, fUll951 said:

Charlieboy already commented on the rapid fire. and it is correct. 

words in bold are absolutely untrue. quick 180 turns with a controller are more than possible and done every day by controller users in pubg an every other game

now what exactly do you think fortnite handled that pubg didn't or isn't? the only thing fortnite has done differently is support it natively... and how many people play it again? 

you guys are trying to formulate some kind of comparison between X and Y player using any variable of control at varying levels of skill. 

look, any combination and outcome you come up with is possible. but what's more likely than any combo you come up with is this: poor gamers are poor gamers. you know that. if someone is a good player, they are gonna do well, if not immediately, in due time and experience.  and that is especially true in console gaming and said topic. an adapter doesn't change the rules guys. it gives you the potential for better control. that potential is completely bound to the limits of what a controller can do. that's it. if you were to compare two equally skilled players, one on controller and the other on mouse and keyboard... that's a fare and eqaul match up. because that's what equal skill level is. you're trying to assign extra points that are not there and take away points for your argument. 

I'm also extremely surprised how little a few of you seem to understand what the xim or other adapters do. just ask I'll tell you. 

I'll try to explain one you guys would not know to ask. there is certainly loads more to it than this. it was mentioned that only mouse and keyboard players use max sensitivity. that is not only false but you need to know mouse and keyboard players Do Not play at maximum sensitivity. putting the in game sensitivity at max is a point of calibration. the reality is they are using a wide range of sensitivity levels comparable to that any controller user. some guys like it slow, some guys like it faster and everything in between.(that's what she said) very rarely do they go for maximum settings. that would be insane. how? these devices have their own sensitivity settings. the max is 500 on a xim, there's other technical variables and settings that would only cause confusion, just understand it's just a number relative to the maximum in game sensitivity.  it is impossible for any speed and acceleration of player generated mouse movement to go faster than the speed and acceleration of a controller stick. in fact adapter speed and acceleration is usually lower because as you were informed, emulator users do not play at maximum sensitivity. they set the game at max and use the adapters internal sensitivity settings. moving the mouse faster and/or accelerating the mouse faster than the game can only makes the cross hairs move slower with less control. this isn't native pc control where the speed and acceleration is litteraly uncapped. that's why watching high level players like shroud are so intimidating, his mouse movements are litteraly impossible on console. and you guys try to translate that as the same thing you are going up against here. it simply isn't true. if that's what it was. I would tell you. if pubg had a high instance of adapter users. I'd tell you. there aren't. they are all on R6, OW and cod games.

what's ironic to me is how woolchicken used csgo as his example. I can actually tell you with absolutely certainty there are ZERO mouse and keyboard users on the console version of csgo. none, nada, absolutely 100% adapter user free guarantee on the console version of csgo. woolchicken didn't read the threads he sited. or he would of known they were talking about csgo on pc. 

Explain to me why you think I thought those posts were about the console version please, its really quite clear they are about CSGO on the PC. I suspect you just wanted to conjour up a talking point that had nothing to do with attacking my argument to muddy the waters, so to speak, as your well had run dry. Enough water analogies. So explain away... then we can proceed.

Edited by woolchicken

There's an overwhelming amount of keyboard players (obvious after spectating), classic WASD movements and pinpoint accuracy on a flick. I rarely play anymore as a result, it's just getting so bad and no longer fun.

No need to even comment on a topic beat to death. I just hope the DEVs have all resources working on a way to keep XIM users out of the game.

• Like 1
  • RIP 5
  • Thanks 1

Without video proof, it's just an accusation... and pretty much worthless.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone these days thinks they an spot a keyboard and mouse player. I don't believe it, it could just as easily be an elite controller with paddles on the back that allow people to move and aim/crouch at the same time. The games been out for a long time, of course people are going to have snap reactions with their controllers. 

Just excuses people come up with to put the blame on something but themselves 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

The game has also been out for a long time so there are a lot of experienced players out there.  Add to that a smaller player base and you are coming across less casual players & more hardcore PUBG players.

• Like 6

I've never noticed it to be fair, more likely just very good players.... I see that a lot. I'm amazed sometimes how quickly some can aim accurately at my head. But when I spectate theres no giveaways, just a very good player.

• Like 2

I was accused last night for about an hour by a kid who I turned on and knocked before he could get off a second shot.  I sent him the clip and he apologized.  People over react in this game.  I've played more rounds of pubg than I care to admit and I can honestly say I've ran into maybe 1-2 questionable scenarios where mouse and keyboard we're a possibility.   I think the other hacks such as radar are much much more prevalent. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Habz said:

I was accused last night for about an hour by a kid who I turned on and knocked before he could get off a second shot.  I sent him the clip and he apologized.  People over react in this game.  I've played more rounds of pubg than I care to admit and I can honestly say I've ran into maybe 1-2 questionable scenarios where mouse and keyboard we're a possibility.   I think the other hacks such as radar are much much more prevalent. 

I agree with that. Radar is much more prevalent from what I can tell. I am curious how you can tell if somebody is using a mouse when playing? I have some crazy aim shots and cannot stand a mouse. If i did have mouse I would build a pc

I know that most players dont cheat, and I´ve never thought that i´ve been killed by someone cheating. I always think they are either lucky or better than me haha. 

But still, I know that there are cheaters in this game. People are finding their way to cheat in the game. I just hope the numbers dont increase... He is right when he says that something should be done about it. It might not be a real problem right now but if nothing gets done it might become a bigger problem. If people start knowing that they can cheat, more people are going to try to find out how it can be done. It should be stopped right away and should be one of the priorities. 

• Like 1

9 times out of 10 if I get killed in a questionable fashion I'll stay and watch a few minutes to see if anything weird happens again.  Usually the next fight the guy gets into he potatoes every single round and gets wiped down, everyone's an all-star when they shoot me.  My favorite is when I'm in the middle of no where yet someone pulls up and knows exactly which house of the 40 available buildings I'm in and which room to throw the first perfectly cooked nade into.   That happens far more often than someones unwavering aim where I get drilled with 5-6 consecutive shots while juking. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Those radar hacks are more prevalent and bothersome in my eyes. I watched a dude yesterday throughout the whole match, after he killed me in the beginning of the game. He would just go back up into a building and lay prone and look everywhere. I tried to record but for some reason sometimes my Xbox does not record. 

He would loot things then drop them, acting very strange... Then go back up, always turning towards people he knew that were coming. Once they got a little close he would nade spam them, then quickly killed them expecting everything they did (I couldn’t even see them move after he would heal) but he would get back up and know exactly where they were at. After that, back up to a house, prone, looking around everywhere again. Very Disappointing. Sorry for the wall of text. 

Edited by Hell-RaizeR
  • Like 1

Is Tha radar hack still going on? Isn't there a solution for it? Other games don't have this issue 

• Like 1

Definitely just got XIMed by a squad. Watched for a bit after and this dude literally full auto sprays people with a Beryl and 3x with perfect recoil control. He doesnt miss a single shot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

Is Tha radar hack still going on? Isn't there a solution for it? Other games don't have this issue 

Encrypting game files would stop this

4 minutes ago, HypnoToad643 said:

Definitely just got XIMed by a squad. Watched for a bit after and this dude literally full auto sprays people with a Beryl and 3x with perfect recoil control. He doesnt miss a single shot.

Got the game log from pubglookup?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HypnoToad643 said:

AR recoil control is not too hard on the console, 3x is also my go-to scope for auto sprays. I'm not even a good player, I just have a lot of hours in it and you get used to it.

Also, your last sentence simply sounds like an exaggeration. I still don't believe that cheating is so wide-spread as many of you seem to claim.

• Like 4

Tired of hearing that people don’t miss a single shot because of K&M, so here’s a K&M player from PC, 15kill from them in a 4 man squad dinner. They got 4 in a row I think, showing the quality of the players. Look at his stats for accuracy

2F293DA2-DB9A-42B6-B3DF-B758A5AFA877.png.8389b32f34ed74afba3053a1a360a1a9.png

The only indicator i know that maybe can determine if someone is using a keyboard is when they are strafing left and right on top of a fence while shooting at you. I know its possible with a controller but fuck me its hard to do it without going a little bit forward/backwards 😛 

Nowadays i just shrug it off get into a lobby 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, Habz said:

9 times out of 10 if I get killed in a questionable fashion I'll stay and watch a few minutes to see if anything weird happens again.  Usually the next fight the guy gets into he potatoes every single round and gets wiped down, everyone's an all-star when they shoot me.  My favorite is when I'm in the middle of no where yet someone pulls up and knows exactly which house of the 40 available buildings I'm in and which room to throw the first perfectly cooked nade into.   That happens far more often than someones unwavering aim where I get drilled with 5-6 consecutive shots while juking. 

Lol EXACTLY how i feel. Get lazered in the first 5 shots by a beryl on auto from 250 meters while im running and then i will scream "WTF THIS GUY HAS TO HAVE MNK!!!!" Then ill spectate for a few min and see the guy was legit a nub with potatoe aim who got super lucky on me.

I swear my head is 3 times the size of everyone elses or my helmet is a magnet lol lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fSucee said:

AR recoil control is not too hard on the console, 3x is also my go-to scope for auto sprays. I'm not even a good player, I just have a lot of hours in it and you get used to it.

Also, your last sentence simply sounds like an exaggeration. I still don't believe that cheating is so wide-spread as many of you seem to claim.

I wish it was an exaggeration. Each one of my squad mates got lasered by this guy regardless of our movement. I spectated for a bit and he had no horizontal recoil, and his vertical recoil was perfectly controlled to stay on target.

Each of his kills in that match were from around 100m. I'm not talking about CQC not missing a shot.

I checked his stats too, similar number of matches played (around 4500), 1300 of those were wins, hes going on 13,000 kills.

I'm not super good at this game but to have a similar number of matches with 10x the wins and 2x the kills seems unlikely.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HypnoToad643 said:

I wish it was an exaggeration. Each one of my squad mates got lasered by this guy regardless of our movement. I spectated for a bit and he had no horizontal recoil, and his vertical recoil was perfectly controlled to stay on target.

Each of his kills in that match were from around 100m. I'm not talking about CQC not missing a shot.

I checked his stats too, similar number of matches played (around 4500), 1300 of those were wins, hes going on 13,000 kills.

I'm not super good at this game but to have a similar number of matches with 10x the wins and 2x the kills seems unlikely.

Why are you mad again because he is a better shot and has better stats?

I don't think that makes him a teamer, or M/KB user but you may be right but if you are- there really shouldn't be any issue with it.

Are you enjoying the game?

If not maybe play something else where you won't be upset if someone in a multiplayer game is not playing the way you want them to.  All multiplayer games have toxicity M/KB and teamers are the issue here but again in all multiplayer games there is some issue. 

I dont think M/KB and teaming is that big of a deal and folks just look to blame that for their loss instead of accepting they got handled.

If you are enjoying the game just got to take it as it is since there will always be someone looking to push the boundaries. 

Edited by BlazedInThe253
  • Like 2
  • RIP 1