Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

12 minutes ago, MeSag said:

I am now playing in PS4 but when i was on XBOX i was looting in a stable and from outside nobody could see see me in this one box ... so there comes a car driving directly to this stable where i am , a guy running into the stable direct in my direction and shooting me exact ! He already new where i was ! Bad, but Bluehole told that they  now can recognize who os using it and ban them.

I saw that they said they can detect M&K, don't think they can do the same with radar

So in my hole PUBG "Career" I definitely met 2 People / Squads using Mnk. Could be higher, but you can´t say it for sure as we don´t Have a kill cam. 

This Weekend we´ve had one squad destroying us in Micro seconds and found it interesting to watch them playing, was pretty funny on the one Hand - but disgusting on the other.

They just wrecked any enemy. The peeking and the way they moved as well as aimed, wouldn´t be possible.

In the end they had 31 kills in total on Sanhok.

Just incredible that some Players Need to do stuff like this.

I am not sure if a Radar exists but would explain some weird situations as well and would be pretty sad..

In my opinion there Needs to exist a lot of trash Mnk users as well as pretty good Mnk users - and I bet: the best Controller Player would lose so hardly against the best Mnk user.

• Like 1

Yes you are right! M&K is another Dimension... its all physics 

It should be fun on console with controller but with these things it is not , i can not understand why it is so ignored by the developers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeSag said:

It should be fun on console with controller but with these things it is not , i can not understand why it is so ignored by the developers

They have said that it is only a tiny percentage of users so the chances of it effecting you are remote. They have said they have methods of detecting M&K use and take action when required.

I'm not sure how XIM use can be detected but I guess it can be.

I think the amount of users will most likely be small, think about it logically.

Of all the people in the world a percentage of those people will cheat to win, that same percentage will apply to pubg. From that percentage the logistics need to be workable so they have to be able to afford the equipment and have the set up to use it. Additionally they have to be good with M&K for it to matter.

For example I couldn't use M&K, I play pubg from my sofa on a wall mounted TV. It just wouldn't work. Also, I would be worse with M&K than I am with a controller.

So our profile for an M&K user could be

• Willing to cheat to win
  • cash to waste on cheating on a £10 video game
  • have a desk based gaming set up
  • PC based FPS gaming background

I think the people most likely to fit this profile are the younger ones (some sad old gits hiding in there man cave will also fit the bill).

I think the percentage will be fairly small but possibly bigger than some people realise......................the need to be seen as good on these types of thing is quite powerful, the invent of social networking has increased the importance of our 'internet self' this all feeds into that.

The whole thing of consoles not having kill cam and their generic response of 'they are too few to take your complain valid' make me think they just don't care at all about if were having a good or a bad experience playing their game which make me rethink about spend more hours in this glitchy alpha state game 

Per Andy on Friday 2/1/19:

"We have stated previously that keyboard and mouse usage on Xbox is very low and the chances of you being matchmaked with someone using these devices is as small as a percentage of a percent."

Can this topic die already?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, AngryHog said:

"We have stated previously that keyboard and mouse usage on Xbox is very low and the chances of you being matchmaked with someone using these devices is as small as a percentage of a percent."

I'd be interested to know how they know the usage. I thought XIM took the inputs from the M&K and converted it into controller inputs, i'm not sure how that would be detectable but I would like to be educated on it.

@PUBG_Andymh5

8 minutes ago, AngryHog said:

Lol so you eat the same paragraph they giving out since the first mnk complain post? That 'small percentage' is like big enough to be noticed at the moment but keep meeing, sheep 

2 hours ago, MeSag said:

btw, the M&K Problem is far greater as you think... same on PS4

I was curious to see what problems PS had so I read the forums.

One user started a thread on how he has problems with his mouse clicks.  A dev responded with an answer.

I'm guessing that they are allowed and accepted. nobody gives a hoot.

9 minutes ago, jjarQue said:

Lol so you eat the same paragraph they giving out since the first mnk complain post? That 'small percentage' is like big enough to be noticed at the moment but keep meeing, sheep 

Noticed how?...because you got killed by someone? That's all I ever read in these posts. "I died...and I"m a God at PUBG...so someone must have been cheating because they did things I can't do...and I died in 10 games today...all filled with MnK players...fix it BH!"  The closest thing we have to numbers about actual usage is Andy's statement. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you. But I'll take his word over your opinion any day of the week. A fraction of a percentage is not much. Not even an average of 1 person per full game. That person might win...that person might die as soon as they hit the ground. But I promise you they aren't seeking you out to ruin your stats each game. You just aren't that lucky. There are people who are just ridiculously good at this (and other) games with a standard controller. Why is that so hard for people to understand? I've been playing since day one and I don't think I've ever been killed and thought it was anything remotely tied to MnK. I'm just not that arrogant.

20 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

I'd be interested to know how they know the usage. I thought XIM took the inputs from the M&K and converted it into controller inputs, i'm not sure how that would be detectable but I would like to be educated on it.

@PUBG_Andymh5

I've always been curious about this myself. I read somewhere about detecting WASD movement once but that didn't work or something. Sounds like it would turn into a game of whack-a-mole by BH and XIM/whoever. Personally, I think one of the features overlooked by everyone in regards to the Xim that has me intrigued is the ability to play on one system with another's controller. I hate the PS controllers. Always have. I would love to use an Xbox One controller on a PS4, which supposedly you can do with one of these. That's the only way I'd ever get a PS4.

They don't know how many people are using MnK on emulators because they can't detect them.  If they could detect them, they'd be banned.  Since they are not banned, they can't detect them, therefore they don't know how many are in use.

9 minutes ago, AngryHog said:

I've always been curious about this myself. I read somewhere about detecting WASD movement once but that didn't work or something. Sounds like it would turn into a game of whack-a-mole by BH and XIM/whoever. Personally, I think one of the features overlooked by everyone in regards to the Xim that has me intrigued is the ability to play on one system with another's controller. I hate the PS controllers. Always have. I would love to use an Xbox One controller on a PS4, which supposedly you can do with one of these. That's the only way I'd ever get a PS4.

Don't they have to use similar things to accommodate people with disabilities too, makes it nigh on impossible to ban.

I think the main issue will be the anti recoil scripts rather than the movement improvements 

1 minute ago, MajorClagNut said:

Don't they have to use similar things to accommodate people with disabilities too, makes it nigh on impossible to ban.

I think the main issue will be the anti recoil scripts rather than the movement improvements 

I get the impression that's the issue. If they banned all 3rd party devices (like XIM, etc) it would ban the disability stuff too, which is major bad PR.

You are right , but then you could Limit the sensitivity, to equalize the Input devices 

4 hours ago, MeSag said:

I am now playing in PS4 but when i was on XBOX i was looting in a stable and from outside nobody could see see me in this one box ... so there comes a car driving directly to this stable where i am , a guy running into the stable direct in my direction and shooting me exact ! He already new where i was ! Bad, but Bluehole told that they  now can recognize who os using it and ban them.

LOL sounds like even with radar he's bad player, I mean...I'd would be more suspicious if he waited for you to come out....not full on bum rush you

Edited by Dead Muppet

3 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

Its probably just from plugging it in. It might translate the mouse and keyboatd inputs into controller inputs, but its probably not hiding itself. 

You plug something into a usb and it identifies itself. The xim might say its a controller, but there are other IDs (vendor and such) that could be used.

• Thanks 1

Xim isnt going anywhere it is hooked up to an xbox controller and they see it as a controller.   They could possibly detect keyboard users using some formula for non analog movement but now the xim can simulate analog movement even with the keyboard. You dont have to use a keyboard to use a xim. Many of the people you are complaining about are using a mouse in one hand and joystick/controller in another. 

If Microsoft can detect it, they have no clue what you are using for input. You could be using a foot pedal, steering wheel, joy stick, ps4 controller, xbox 360 controller, mouse, keyboard, or anything else. You could also have an xbox one controller hooked to it for the push to talk and complete button remapping features. This is where the gamers with disability issue comes in. Even without that, everything the xim does is within the boundaries/limitations ofwhat a controller can do. I doubt they have an issue with that. If someone uses a mouse instead of right analog stick, it is using controller movement not snappy PC mouse movement. 

I have stated before I own a xim and use the xbox elite controller on my PS4 wirelessly.  Like it or not the xim is useful. 

4 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

They have said that it is only a tiny percentage of users so the chances of it effecting you are remote. They have said they have methods of detecting M&K use and take action when required.

I think the amount of users will most likely be small, think about it logically.

Of all the people in the world a percentage of those people will cheat to win, that same percentage will apply to pubg. From that percentage the logistics need to be workable so they have to be able to afford the equipment and have the set up to use it. Additionally they have to be good with M&K for it to matter.

For example I couldn't use M&K, I play pubg from my sofa on a wall mounted TV. It just wouldn't work. Also, I would be worse with M&K than I am with a controller.

So our profile for an M&K user could be

• Willing to cheat to win
  • cash to waste on cheating on a £10 video game
  • have a desk based gaming set up
  • PC based FPS gaming background

I think the people most likely to fit this profile are the younger ones (some sad old gits hiding in there man cave will also fit the bill).

I think the percentage will be fairly small but possibly bigger than some people realise......................the need to be seen as good on these types of thing is quite powerful, the invent of social networking has increased the importance of our 'internet self' this all feeds into that.

In a two hour period if there are 30 mnk players on all servers at the same time, 4 games are played by each person, if they kill 6 people a match (being a little liberal) 12.08% of the player base in those two hours would be affected in someway by mnk players

Edited by RabidGofer
Some words
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I got killed by a guy the other night. With a tommy single shot. 250m on the run never missed a shot. After he killed me i messaged him and asked him how. He openly admitted to using m/k and said hes been doing it since pubg came out. Then proceeded to call me a fucking noob. Well i reported the clip and his message. His xbox live account was perm band. You wanna use keyboard and mouse go play on PC.  

• Haha 1
  • RIP 1

I'll start this post with some PUBG words about raising South America Server, when we were at march in 2018:

"South America doesn't have enough people to make a healthy matchmaking".

So they put it once for test and guess what? We have today all game modes (Solo, Duo and Squad) with health matchmakings. Probably even better than in the Europe.

So what's the point? When they said things like that: "We have stated previously that keyboard and mouse usage on Xbox is very low and the chances of you being matchmaked with someone using these devices is as small as a percentage of a percent."...

YOU REALLY  BELIEVE THEM?

They can't even track users from SA to stand we don't have players and the same happens to M&K players. Of course there are THOUSAND of M&K players but we don't have e-sports on consoles so it's not good for them to ban those players.

Simple like this.

Edited by eduhunter

39 minutes ago, XboxMnK said:

I use M&K and here's the explanation.

It offers noticeable advantages in certain scenarios, with pretty much no drawbacks. Very close range (where you wouldn't ADS) is not any different from an xbox controller. You just look in their general direction, shoot and let RnG shot placement hopefully do the rest.

Long range is also not much of an advantage. Because of pubg's bullet drop and speed, difficulty of hitting a moving or running target, and people generally always moving, long range shots come down a lot to luck. 

Where the mouse shines is in medium range encounters. AR and DMR range. Where the bullet hits instantly and has no drop. I always have an AR with a 2x, and always a DMR or SR with whatever the biggest scope I can find is. The mouse provides MUCH more accurate aiming, and MUCH easier recoil control at those distances. Nobody can honestly argue that it doesn't. Actually, pubg provides the smoothest mouse gameplay I've seen. CoD and fortnite require a little fiddling with the translations to make it feel playable, and even still the smoothness is off a little. Pubg shows no difference from the PC version in my opinion, it is perfect for a mouse. Plus the fact they upped the sensitivity so much for the game, nobody using a controller possibly uses that high of sensitivity. I've seen people say they do, but I'm thinking they just don't want it removed because they use a mouse. I used 10 sensitivity in Halo 2 on a controller, and that doesn't even come close to how high pubg's is. I almost think they added it to cater to mouse users.

I've been playing xbox since Halo 2 on the original, haven't played a PC shooter since then. The mouse still makes a massive difference for me. So I'm not sure why other mouse users say it's not much of an advantage. The only disadvantage I could possibly make an argument for is slightly slower inventory management, since it doesn't have drag/drop like the PC version.

So anyway, I try to keep my gun fights at medium range. To be fair, I was already an above average player with over 100 wins (about 8% win ratio) and over 3.0 k/d when I started using the mouse. I went from winning probably about 75% of medium gun range fights, to winning 90%+. When it's me vs 1 in the final circle, both with cover and at medium range, I pretty much know it's a win. It's almost too easy to two shot the controller guy's head with an AKM while he's sitting there peaking the rock or tree.

So pro tip for those complaining: how can you avoid taking a sniper shot to the head? ALWAYS keep moving. ALWAYS assume somebody sees you, even if you're behind a rock, even if you're inside a room with just 1 window. Assume somebody with a kar98 and an 8x scope using a mouse is watching you. I can't count the amount of times I'll watch a guy from afar running around, running around, then stops at a rock for 5 seconds to heal up. It takes about 1 second to aim at his head, and half a second to fire the kar98 shot that kills him. At any time you think you can stop cuz you're safe, don't do it. Keep moving, even if it's just one step each direction in a circle, or hitting crouch/stand in 1-2 second intervals, even when you're aiming and shooting. If you stood still (or peaked) for 2 seconds because you thought it was safe and take a headshot, it's your own fault. A moving head is exceedingly hard to hit even with a mouse. Learn to strafe/move even while shooting in those medium range engagements if you want to win. If you stand still to focus and aim at him, you already lost to a mouse user.

Do I feel bad about it? Not even a tiny bit. Using a mouse is not cheating. Microsoft allows it, bluehole allows it, nearly every other game developer on every other console allows it. Cross play is coming to popular games at an increasing rate. There should be some kind of advantage given to controller users to help even the playing field. I'm not convinced aim assist is it, unless the assist tends towards aiming to the head since that's where the mouse is so far ahead. But surely with increasing cross play adoption developers will eventually come up with something that works and that players like, and the two control schemes will end up equal as they should be.

Then go play on pc. Or use a controller. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidGofer said:

In a two hour period if there are 30 mnk players on all servers at the same time, 4 games are played by each person, if they kill 6 people a match (being a little liberal) 12.08% of the player base in those two hours would be affected in someway by mnk players

how do you figure? 

Do we have numbers for concurrent players?

3 hours ago, pajama dad said:

how do you figure? 

Do we have numbers for concurrent players?

Estimations my man. 

in the longer post of mine on page 60 I did say please correct me if I am wrong and that I was trying to understand the issue itself :) 

the numbers expressed would be the games played only by mnk users and not the entire player base as a whole 

Edited by RabidGofer
Spelling mistakes