Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

23 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

You're either biased or scared of the said device to say that. Been playing with controllers on PC Battlefields for 7 plus years. It's not the device, but how good the person is. There is no logic with thinking a device makes a person better, It's the mind of the user and how well they use it. 

Mouse & Keyboard will move into consoles even if people don't want it. It's 100% better to have support for this directly from the company as the people who use the 3rd party devices could use scripts to gain unfair advantage (Scripts are hacking if you don't know, Scripts lower recoil, auto macro, whatever the person codes it). 

On one side you have people who spent extra money on high cost controllers and they would feel cheated. Another issue that is common are analog sticks wear down overtime from friction. If you like playing on controllers, good, but don't act illogical, it's just a input device. I have meet a ton of people who the years on PC and Consoles. Slow people are everywhere. Stop the bias.

Support for these doesn't really matter with how much input lag is already in the game, They really need a solid FPS at 60 first to think about input devices. Not sure why people say support could come, my Xbox already works with a Mouse & Keyboard on Fortnite. I guess they haven't tried to use said devices.

Bias? Illogical? Yeah, I'm biased because I've been a console player since the first original Xbox came out. I would not say I'm Illogical though. M&k is by far a superior input for a lot of games over a controller, especially if the game supports it in more ways than not. You can multitask a lot easier compared to using a controller. The premise of my argument against m&k has always been the method of aiming though. Everyone can hit buttons/keys, but not everyone can aim. Why do you think recoil patterns on PC pubg are much harder to control compared to console? Because aiming is easier with a mouse. You literally have more dexterity in your whole hand compared to one thumb. Quite honestly it's Illogical to disagree with that. So for the people currently using m&k on console, you're abusing the lower recoil patterns meant for a controller with m&k and therefore cheating. I'm not naive to the fact that people can buy a Cronusmax and upload scripts for a controller either, I'm against that too. The controller will continue to evolve and I'm fine with that, but as long as the premise of aiming remains a thumbstick. I'm also not saying that as soon as you pick up m&k you become a god, I've played a few games on my friends PC. There is definitely a higher cap in terms of skill as to what your capabilities are with m&k over controller though. So when you bring that over to console, you master aiming a lot faster compared to controller users and aren't as limited to how good you can narrow your shot down.

1 hour ago, Punkers said:

KB&M is already supported on Fortnite for xbox if you're part of the insider program.  

Pubg on xbox won't "die" simply because they offer more intuitive controls.  Fans of the game will adapt.  A good KB&M combo is cheaper than an elite controller, and a basic setup is cheaper than a standard controller.

I thought it was already available on xbox fortnite, but they separate mouse and keyboard players from controller players same as ps4. The problem is people are using the adapters to bypass this and their more than happy to spend the £100 for xim apex for example just to do this. I know there's people who want mouse and keyboard support but the problem is even with the support and separating both gaming styles or even if crossplay is optional, there are alot of people that use their adapter so they can just play against controller users. I only use the term "die" because since the release of fortnite battle royal the pubg player base has shrunk and continues to shrink. The ban of adapters in my opinion is a good way of making pubg stand out even further from fortnite bringing in even more players and with the money they bring it can be used to set up mouse and keyboard/crossplay servers so everyone benefits.......the only ones that loose from this are the adapter users that don't want to go up against fellow mouse and keyboard users and really want to just be against controller users.

Oh lord! Why is so difficult to understand that with emulator the mouse and keyboard doesn't work like pc does. Can you guys stop just a moment and read : mouse and keyboard emulated can't do anything diferent than a normal controller! We even have to choose, speed or precision! We can't have both like native support does! Man..... Is it so hard to get? that in your mind there is this illusion that xim, or venom, or maxshooter or any other adapter give us speed limit above controller, light speed movement with surgical precision... This is not what it is! You must try to see how chunky and funky it is. Pc players can't get used, and controller users often sell their own adapters because they get frustrated. That's the first impression using it: frustration, after that, only players that really prefer, and feel better with a funky mouse and keyboard than a controller will keep using it. Dude listen: you are dieing for a very skilled controller player and blaming the fill MK players like we are all shrouds.

Edited by Bolsonaro
  • Like 3

Nope, maybe the playstation controller is better than the xbox controller for aiming. I was told xbox and playstation would be on the same servers.

11 hours ago, Bluehoie(topten) said:

Bias? Illogical? Yeah, I'm biased because I've been a console player since the first original Xbox came out. I would not say I'm Illogical though. M&k is by far a superior input for a lot of games over a controller, especially if the game supports it in more ways than not. You can multitask a lot easier compared to using a controller. The premise of my argument against m&k has always been the method of aiming though. Everyone can hit buttons/keys, but not everyone can aim. Why do you think recoil patterns on PC pubg are much harder to control compared to console? Because aiming is easier with a mouse. You literally have more dexterity in your whole hand compared to one thumb. Quite honestly it's Illogical to disagree with that. So for the people currently using m&k on console, you're abusing the lower recoil patterns meant for a controller with m&k and therefore cheating. I'm not naive to the fact that people can buy a Cronusmax and upload scripts for a controller either, I'm against that too. The controller will continue to evolve and I'm fine with that, but as long as the premise of aiming remains a thumbstick. I'm also not saying that as soon as you pick up m&k you become a god, I've played a few games on my friends PC. There is definitely a higher cap in terms of skill as to what your capabilities are with m&k over controller though. So when you bring that over to console, you master aiming a lot faster compared to controller users and aren't as limited to how good you can narrow your shot down.

I too have had every Xbox ever made, and still remember when Bill gates had it on QVC with no games. I also started playing Xbox live the year it released, i also remember great releases like Halo 2. I have seen countless years of people playing games with different inputs on PC and or consoles and the first thing you notice are people are just that, people.

I not only have spent time on consoles, but some online only games like Eve Online and a massive amount of DOTA 2 (I even use a controller for Dota 2 left hand only). I will say mouse is okay for quick turning speed (i use a aim in M&K only games), but i simply don't like it (myself), but that shouldn't limit the system just because i myself won't use the device. I play PUBG on PC with a controller just fine, but i rather enjoy mouse users on consoles. 

If PC players joined consoles, you would get less kids or people who team kill. The logic of most console players is at best the lowest PC player just because they need to know simple things like, how to google.

I have yet to have people notice when i played online with a controller on BF1, BF5, shoot i even get called a cheater because they think anyone good is a cheater. I say let mouse and keyboard join the console space to mix the groups so these players can enjoy a limited space.

2 things i wish Microsoft would do on Xbox, Make better hardware for their controllers (the analog sticks need a massive upgrade) and never have cross gaming with PC. (i say never for cross gaming with PC as there are too many ways for people to cheat, I would say 33% or more cheat on PC, it's really that bad).

On 12/25/2018 at 12:07 AM, fUll951 said:

you are deluded. saying something does not make it so. 

yes. that's a true statement. where have I proven myself wrong? your opinion isn't fact. I know what your belief on the subject is. but it doesn't make it true. 

everything I told you will come to pass. it's happening even now. like I said before, your inability to see these changes in gaming is incredible. 

I like how you think you "won" there's nothing here to win. this thread is a collection of sad salty complaints, false claims and failed attempts to shame the use of MnK. all I can do is tell you the truth of the matter: nothing you said changes anything. native mouse and keyboard is coming to every single shooter on every console. third party support is already here. it's been here for 10 years now. the more you talk about it. the more console users get to know about it. and the more MnK user you create. keep it up. new people check out this post all the time. 

you are clearly salty AF. we can all read it in the tone of your post. if you have to declare you won a non win-able argument. that's how you know you're deluded. 

Deluded? Saying something doesn't make it so? That's your entire argument. "It's the future! The future is now!" Wrong on both counts algore. You're only missing "excelsior!" and "manbearpig". 

You proved yourself wrong when you admitted mice are superior ways to play yet tried to backpedal by saying I'm selling controller users short. Nope... either a mouse is superior or it's not. You said it is. The controller users and their skill don't really come into it because you have a peripheral that is superior from the outset competing against them. Thus you have defeated your own argument. This is why I said your admission is not necessary. You're clearly not capable of understanding much, and thus you'll never understand how you just proved your entire argument wrong. You don't need much intelligence to be able to comprehend logic, but you do need some. 

The only person in here I've seen salty is you. You somehow think the first person to call someone else "salty" wins. That's not the case. 
You earlier said that just because you said it doesn't make it so, then you go on to speculate and try to predict the future. Again, your words have defeated your own argument... yet you can't see it. It's actually hilarious. 

I'm not salty at all. I've proven you wrong on everything you've said. It's impossible to be salty when you've won. 

Oh yeah. There IS something to win. In every argument someone wins and someone loses. You've lost. I've won. Logic FTW!

Edited by DR. Intellect

2 hours ago, DR. Intellect said:

Deluded? Saying something doesn't make it so? That's your entire argument. "It's the future! The future is now!" Wrong on both counts algore. You're only missing "excelsior!" and "manbearpig". 

You proved yourself wrong when you admitted mice are superior ways to play yet tried to backpedal by saying I'm selling controller users short. Nope... either a mouse is superior or it's not. You said it is. The controller users and their skill don't really come into it because you have a peripheral that is superior from the outset competing against them. Thus you have defeated your own argument. This is why I said your admission is not necessary. You're clearly not capable of understanding much, and thus you'll never understand how you just proved your entire argument wrong. You don't need much intelligence to be able to comprehend logic, but you do need some. 

The only person in here I've seen salty is you. You somehow think the first person to call someone else "salty" wins. That's not the case. 
You earlier said that just because you said it doesn't make it so, then you go on to speculate and try to predict the future. Again, your words have defeated your own argument... yet you can't see it. It's actually hilarious. 

I'm not salty at all. I've proven you wrong on everything you've said. It's impossible to be salty when you've won. 

Oh yeah. There IS something to win. In every argument someone wins and someone loses. You've lost. I've won. Logic FTW!

Yeah but he's right, native mouse and keyboard is better.

Emulated controller input via a xim leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I've not used it, but I know someone who has and he says it's pretty poor in PUBG compared to say R6 Siege.

There's a better option anyway, Xbox game streaming to a Windows PC using a virtual input device which emulates a controller through mouse and keyboard input.

Works fine, pretty responsive too, better than the xim.

I don't use it because I can't be arsed to move a desk into my living room but I could see how someone with this setup could have a bit of an advantage assuming they aren't terrible with a mouse like most people are.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:38 AM, DR. Intellect said:

no that's not an argument. it's an attempt to help you become self aware and crawl out of the deluded hole you live in 

when you frame controller users like helpless seals waiting to be clubbed and I call your bullshit, that's not back peddling. that's correcting you. just read the rest of what your saying here. you're salty AF.

you're right! it's not me calling you salty that makes you salty. you do that on your own. we can just see it and tell you. 

my "speculations" are solid bro. I want you to never forget this. 

try harder 

On 12/25/2018 at 12:10 AM, Grumbleflick said:

No some of your posts have been opinions... There's a difference. It's OK to have opinions dude but you gotta respect that other people will also have them and they may be different which leads to discussion. 

Anyhoo it's Christmas... Have a good one. 

I do respect other people's opinions. that's does not make them correct or have any authority to tell others how to enjoy gaming or to tell people using mouse and keyboard is cheating. 

you're not giving me much to go on here. what exactly have I said that is opinion and I'll tell you why it is or is not. 

On 12/25/2018 at 10:19 PM, Popa2caps said:

2 things i wish Microsoft would do on Xbox, Make better hardware for their controllers (the analog sticks need a massive upgrade) and never have cross gaming with PC. (i say never for cross gaming with PC as there are too many ways for people to cheat, I would say 33% or more cheat on PC, it's really that bad).

controller upgrades are a good thing. 

you can't stop crossplay with pc. it's gonna bore its way thru every barrier attempting to stop it. too much money on the line to stop it for one. MnK support is gonna roll out for non shooters first and once that happens good luck keeping them away from shooters. 

Edited by fUll951

7 hours ago, fUll951 said:

controller upgrades are a good thing. 

you can't stop crossplay with pc. it's gonna bore its way thru every barrier attempting to stop it. too much money on the line to stop it for one. MnK support is gonna roll out for non shooters first and once that happens good luck keeping them away from shooters. 

Not that much money comes from PC, Most titles are bought at discount. Microsoft should stick to their plans and make Xbox more PC. All they have to do is get steam on Xbox with mouse and keyboard support for that app, and their done.

6 hours ago, Grumbleflick said:

There's one. That's not fact its opinion. 

I need you to elaborate on how a different input method that follows the same rules as any controller is cheating

Over one year on since PUBG launched...

Adapters are still here.

Official MnK is supported on Xbox One.

This thread has 58 pages,

No one's proved anyone wrong or right.

Nothings changed in regards to player input method....

Go argue about something else...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

Not that much money comes from PC, Most titles are bought at discount. Microsoft should stick to their plans and make Xbox more PC. All they have to do is get steam on Xbox with mouse and keyboard support for that app, and their done.

not talking about the old model of profit by game sales alone. this is the new gaming economy. games as a service. the latter model is in full effect and they would like to take a larger bite by including pc with console. Sony does too. Microsoft is making Xbox more pc and I do agree seeing steam on the Xbox would be a great thing for gamers. 

1 minute ago, I Bad Co I said:

Over one year on since PUBG launched...

Adapters are still here.

Official MnK is supported on Xbox One.

This thread has 58 pages,

No one's proved anyone wrong or right.

Nothings changed in regards to player input method....

Go argue about something else...

when you're right, your right bad co 

10 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

I need you to elaborate on how a different input method that follows the same rules as any controller is cheating

That seems a little misleading.

It isnt cheating or not cheating because of the rules for controllers... It would be cheating because of rules for players.

The question is this: Are mouse and keyboard adapters allowed in a given game?

If the answer is "No" then you have cheating.

A person might disagree with the rule, but this is irrelevant to the cheating distinction.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

That seems a little misleading.

It isnt cheating or not cheating because of the rules for controllers... It would be cheating because of rules for players.

The question is this: Are mouse and keyboard adapters allowed in a given game?

If the answer is "No" then you have cheating.

A person might disagree with the rule, but this is irrelevant to the cheating distinction.

If the answer is "no" we would have a clear statement by the devs. for over a year this question has been asked repeatedly and never once has any dev or any console manufacturer said so. as posted just above by lone wolf they claim to have a clear handle on the situation. even have said the same things I tell the people in this thread like: there's just no way MnK users are ruining yours or anyones experience. the use of MnK is so low the fact you or anyone would complain about it goes to show you're looking for something to blame your loss on. when they say it's cheating, it will be cheating. until then they are gonna beat around the bush and develop their own way to make money off if it too the same as Microsoft plans too

Edited by fUll951
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fUll951 said:

If the answer is "no" we would have a clear statement by the devs. for over a year this question has been asked repeatedly and never once has any dev or any console manufacturer said so. as posted just above by lone wolf they claim to have a clear handle on the situation. even have said the same things I tell the people in this thread like: there's just no way MnK users are ruining yours or anyones experience. the use of MnK is so low the fact you or anyone would complain about it goes to show you're looking for something to blame your loss on. when they say it's cheating, it will be cheating. until then they are gonna beat around the bush and develop their own way to make money off if it too the same as Microsoft plans too

100%

I dont think MnK is going to ruin much. There are definite steps that can be taken to mitigate the "fairness" issues, which are secondary to the accessibility issues.

Last night we were talking about thumbs, and imagined a day without them. My boys were upset to think they could no longer play Smash on their switch. So I countered saying you could still play on a pc with mouse and keyboard relatively well even without thumbs.

People using keyboards have a huge advantage on people using controllers, the difference is ridiculous, why not have seperate servers for people using them? This is just going to make people that don't want to pay 150 to 200 dollars for the adaptor to stop playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • RIP 2

I’ll never stop playing just because people use M&K.

they don’t get any faster frame rate, 

also people who are really good with M&K more than likely play mostly on their PC.

You would be surprised how fast someone who is good can be with a controller. You can be fast too, just need to tinker with your settings in training. And hint: faster sensitivity doesnt always mean you are faster to put crosshairs on target, slow and steady is better than fast and having to overcorrect, also if you are heavy on the sticks, turn off aim acceleration completely. My buddy just doubled his k/d by doing that. Chances are you just got killed by someone good with a decent controller.