Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

1 hour ago, IX_TASTY_XI said:

I think you guys are missing a huge opportunity. Hacking is pretty much non existent on console. 

You guys also also have a big enough player base to not worry about splitting the community, not to mention how many players native mnk would attract. 

Lol! You're thinking of those few it would attact. Watch how many people leave once they realize they have no chance against someone using a mouse. It will look like a San Diego border crossing. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Defeat Redcoats said:

Lol! You're thinking of those few it would attact. Watch how many people leave once they realize they have no chance against someone using a mouse. It will look like a San Diego border crossing. 

You missed the entire second part of my statement. When I said they don’t need to worry about splitting the player base, due to the large amount of players, separate lobbies based of input method was implied. I should have been more clear. 

If mass adoption of M&K comes to console then I'm just gonna switch to PC and start learning K&M. If I'm gonna go up against K&M, I might as well do it with better graphics.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

10 minutes ago, XboxVictim said:

If mass adoption of M&K comes to console then I'm just gonna switch to PC and start learning K&M. If I'm gonna go up against K&M, I might as well do it with better graphics.

I prefer consoles personally:

no hacking 

robust live service 

1 friends list across all games 

party chat system

Consoles rarely go wrong 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BadBatch5040 said:

So tired of people always downplaying the amount of MK/XIM users.

They are going to implement it and that sucks.

Might as well add Aim Assist for controllers,  because that sucks too.

Pubg no doubt has the fewest users.  The high rate of use games are gonna be overwatch, rainbow 6, all cod games and to a lesser extent battlefield games and fortnight. The no aim assist is one of the things that makes pubg great and proves it's not needed in any shooter. 

49 pages deep and going strong... yet pubg admin on here(won’t say his name already had two warnings from him) says they can detect the device 🙄😂😂

MnK isn’t going away and it’s not as big a deal as people are making out. In all the games of pubg I’ve played I’ve never died and been like that ye that guy was using a mouse n keyboard...

On 11/18/2018 at 7:37 PM, Buloee said:

unpopular opinion but im stoked for m&k support on the xbox, so much so ive just spent £200 on a corsair k63 keyboard and a corsair dark core mouse, now with that, i was wondering if cross play with PC would become a thing or even become an option to use on pubg on console. i understand the need for seperate matchmaking pools so m&k players dont get matched with controller players. i for one think it would be a good idea to mix console pools up with PC if the user wants to use m&k as then it would limit queue times.

You are forgetting about frame rate, even if console gets to 60 fps you are still at a moderate disadvantage to PC players who are getting over 100 fps.

The difference in input lag between 60 and 100 is very noticeable.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, Legion x5 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. People like consoles because they are more casual and people can relax on their couch and not play in a dungeon with a full desktop PC situation. M&K only have a place for consoles with games such as RPGs and other Single player games. For shooters with online play it creates a huge disparity. Again, for people who want to play with M&K you belong in the PC world. It's not that hard and that is how its been since gaming was invented.

I couldn’t be more right. Fact. Wake up and smell the evolution. 

This will be an ever growing issue till BH begins using a away to detect those using them and banning them outright. Saying they want to curb the use of it and get rid of it isn't enough. People know BH do not want them used because if they did we would have an option for it. But people do not care because its an advantage they can get by using. They need to come down on this and those who use another unnamed advantage giver (can't really list it due to any mention of it gets a post deleted )and put an end to it. It honestly sucks to have the one no gimmick BR game on xbox one and the best of the BR games on xbox one brought down by people who refuse to play on an even playing field like the rest of us. If its a preferred control method play on pc where its natural but we all know that would make that playing field even and that is not gonna work for you. It may be an old quote but it was said very plainly they do not want them used it is an unfair advantage. So you can defend it how ever you please and its still going to be seen as an unfair advantage. 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, Snowy Ghost said:

Still love to see any proof from a video that someone is using a k+m

Ill send u one

On 11/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, Charlieboy said:

You are forgetting about frame rate, even if console gets to 60 fps you are still at a moderate disadvantage to PC players who are getting over 100 fps.

The difference in input lag between 60 and 100 is very noticeable.

man not all pc players have a 200hz monitor and a RTX2080ti .some of them play on 30fps while the others play on 200fps and they dont complain about it. this is life no one is equal to the other . and for this topic we want the possibility of playing on xbox with  M&K and pc players.and of course u have the choice wether to play to play vs controller players or m&k. we pubg players struggles to fin FPP games.but if we get crossplay we will find games so easy and enjoy playing with pc players while getting consol advantages (1 friends list across all games ,party chat system ....)

• Like 1

I want to try it on my XBox One X which I paid a load of cash for and now that XBox supports it, I should be able to use it.  A seperate lobby would be a great idea but I think being that XBox supports it we should be entitled to use it.  Since when do game developers get to dictate what control interface is used by owners of a particular console?  I'm not saying I want to use it so that I have an advantage.  I'm saying that if it's an option that is supported by XBox then who is anyone to tell me which device to use?  It's like playing in squads with randoms and being told how to play the game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majorphazer said:

I want to try it on my XBox One X which I paid a load of cash for and now that XBox supports it, I should be able to use it.  A seperate lobby would be a great idea but I think being that XBox supports it we should be entitled to use it.  Since when do game developers get to dictate what control interface is used by owners of a particular console?  I'm not saying I want to use it so that I have an advantage.  I'm saying that if it's an option that is supported by XBox then who is anyone to tell me which device to use?  It's like playing in squads with randoms and being told how to play the game.  

It is not an option to use it what part of that do you not get. The ones who develop the game did so with controllers in mind not a M&K. And do you know how ignorant you sound asking "Since when do game developers get to dictate what control interface is used by owners of a particular console?" Controller interface for all games are at the discretion of the ones who make and develop the game.  A separate lobby would kill this game and even if it didn't you would still have cheaters who use xim to play against controller players like today, IF you paid out a bunch of cash and feel entitled to use a M&K then you should have spent it on a pc. 

• Like 1
  • RIP 2

17 hours ago, blackwings679 said:

It is not an option to use it what part of that do you not get. The ones who develop the game did so with controllers in mind not a M&K. And do you know how ignorant you sound asking "Since when do game developers get to dictate what control interface is used by owners of a particular console?" Controller interface for all games are at the discretion of the ones who make and develop the game.  A separate lobby would kill this game and even if it didn't you would still have cheaters who use xim to play against controller players like today, IF you paid out a bunch of cash and feel entitled to use a M&K then you should have spent it on a pc. 

Except that my kids play XBox as well and I use a MAc for my computing needs so there is no room for a PC in my budget.  Get over yourself....calling people ignorant.  I feel entitled to use a m&K because Xbox has made it an officially supported interface.  Game developers have a responsibility to stay current with the demands of the machines their games are played on.  A m&K lobby wouldn't kill this game, it would make it more popular.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, majorphazer said:

Except that my kids play XBox as well and I use a MAc for my computing needs so there is no room for a PC in my budget.  Get over yourself....calling people ignorant.  I feel entitled to use a m&K because Xbox has made it an officially supported interface.  Game developers have a responsibility to stay current with the demands of the machines their games are played on.  A m&K lobby wouldn't kill this game, it would make it more popular.  

You are truly dense. Yes because you have a M&K you feel "entitled" to use it on pubg because xbox made it comparable with the console. Use it then but you cant with pubg because its not an option they are working to even curb the usage via XIM or so claim.  They are current with the demand of the machines its used on. Controllers are the main controller of said console so they made the game for a controller. Just because you are an entitled person who thinks everything should be your way does not make it so so your the one who needs to get over yourself.   The game is already very popular splitting the lobby for different inputs would lower player base for both inputs because the main base of players would be split and thus killing it.  Then you have those who would still use XIM to use a K&M against controller users because those who do it now do it for the advantage. Just because MS is bringing it as an option to the console does not mean game developers need or have to use it. You can tell them you want it or you will quit and they will wave goodbye with a smile.

• Like 1

if they made the game for the controller, why does it work with a mouse and keyboard set up? it works for both and people now know this. they will make their own decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fUll951 said:

if they made the game for the controller, why does it work with a mouse and keyboard set up? it works for both and people now know this. they will make their own decisions. 

It does not work for both. It only works with controller XIM fools the game into thinking a M&K is a controller argument invalid.

• RIP 1

I could be wrong. but as I understand it. the xim technically does not fool anything. the xim controls the controller. all the Xbox gets is 100% controller input. because, that's what it is. 

your opinion on whether or not it should be used is irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, blackwings679 said:

When you can take a full on M&K plug it into the console and it work with pubg and no adapter needed then you will have a point.

it's already started. the transition is in progress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fUll951 said:

I could be wrong. but as I understand it. the xim technically does not fool anything. the xim controls the controller. all the Xbox gets is 100% controller input. because, that's what it is. 

your opinion on whether or not it should be used is irrelevant. 

Using XIM the console still things you are using a controller when you are in fact using a M&K. It fools the console into thinking its a controller it has been said many times on this thread but your just now saying its wrong or is it because you have no other argument. Honestly use it you cant play with a controller on a fair playing field admit it your a cheat those using it are cheaters thus why it was said they want to curb the use of it. 

1 hour ago, fUll951 said:

it's already started. the transition is in progress. 

Wrong some what yes the console can use it and some games can but PUBG is still controller only. Well unless you pay for an advantage and use XIM or things like it. So again your point is invalid.

2 minutes ago, blackwings679 said:

Using XIM the console still things you are using a controller when you are in fact using a M&K. It fools the console into thinking its a controller it has been said many times on this thread but your just now saying its wrong or is it because you have no other argument. Honestly use it you cant play with a controller on a fair playing field admit it your a cheat those using it are cheaters thus why it was said they want to curb the use of it. 

telling you facts about its function is not an argument. yeah, no shit a mouse and keyboard is being used. it's being used to control the controller. same as if I used my feet. console still gets controller input. 

1 minute ago, blackwings679 said:

Wrong some what yes the console can use it and some games can but PUBG is still controller only. Well unless you pay for an advantage and use XIM or things like it. So again your point is invalid.

I assure you every game available can be played with mouse and keyboard. yes, you need a third party adapter. again, there's nothing invalid to the truth. you need not be so upset about it. get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

telling you facts about its function is not an argument. yeah, no shit a mouse and keyboard is being used. it's being used to control the controller. same as if I used my feet. console still gets controller input. 

I assure you every game available can be played with mouse and keyboard. yes, you need a third party adapter. again, there's nothing invalid to the truth. you need not be so upset about it. get a grip. 

Talk in circles all you want your a cheater im done with you. Your obviously gonna defend it because god forbid you play fair. Secondly Yes you NEED A THIRD PARTY ADAPTER. It is not native M&K support it never will have it because they know its an advantage so that is why the developed the game with only controllers in mind. You and people like you make me sick You are nothing short of scum on the gaming community because you can not play fairly. I am done with you I am done with your kind as far as this forums go all those who use it are trash. You can defend it all you want but most people out there agree it is cheating. The only reason your kind keep playing is because BH/PUBG corp are cowards and to scared to take a stand against those who cheat because they do not want to loose players. 

literally all you do is talk in circles. when you do that, responses will be in kind. you keep a hard line rhetoric that simply is not true. if you lie about it, I will correct it. there is nothing to defend. it exist, it's not cheating. players like it. that's it. pubg Corp and blue hole are not cowards. of course they don't like it, not because of your feelings but because it's unsolicited support. banning it (of which they have zero intent of doing) is not going to make them lose players. player counts are already low. providing support will only bring more players in. look at this argument, the only argument you and others opposed to this are false information, insults and failed attempts to shame its use. you have nothing. I know that doesn't change your mind. I'm not here to do that. all I can do is tell you the truth of the matter. 

• Like 2