Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

2 hours ago, INEVERGIVEUP said:

I am good at shooter game but PUBG is killing me. I think we need aim assisst in the game or implment a keyboeard in the game to use. The right & left stick setup is cool but it doesn't help that much specailly if you want to be as fast as you can to rotate 170 dgree and having the kill before being killed. 

If you dont like controller play the PC version, 

4 hours ago, INEVERGIVEUP said:

I am good at shooter game but PUBG is killing me. I think we need aim assisst in the game or implment a keyboeard in the game to use. The right & left stick setup is cool but it doesn't help that much specailly if you want to be as fast as you can to rotate 170 dgree and having the kill before being killed. 

I see countless people say they don't own a PC and in there late 20s (I know Mindblowing), If you want support for an Xbox feature, Don't give up because people backlash you, Remember Xbox One started with Used games, Always online DRM, Always connected Kinect (LOL). People spoke up and got it changed. 

A couple of things that i think are crazy on consoles. Xbox for support devices, All consoles Devs for games.
-If people pay a monthly service to play online, Why are console games limited vs their counter PC port? Example - Why are all the settings locked down from a dev who just wants to make the game pretty? I don't think people understand this, but most Devs are non gamers, they just sell the game as it pays for their bills.

_Doesn't anyone understand a Asian console has more support for PC devices (Mics, Headsets,Mouse,Keyboards,SSD,HDD) than a devices running windows? 

don't know, i just find this odd people that are left on Xbox community fight for the system, with so much limited features. Like right now, Unlocked graphical settings on Xbox with VSync off more FPS. Naa some Dev thinks we need more latency because it makes the picture smooth. I just find this odd to like console at all in 2018.

Is it too much difficult to understand, that, today, mouse and keyboard on xbox is only possible with adaptors?! There is not natively supported, so it's not op like it would be. It's only emulating the controller on mouse and keyboard. They are limited by the maximum speed, and everything.... There is no advantage, the best MK players are like the best controller players... Some one who thinks it's OP, should test it before talking sh%~* on internet.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:32 AM, HybridGT said:

Well said. Similar to if you've been straight your whole life and suddenly wanted to try being gay to see if you're going to be better at it...

Wait, what? ?

Im glad I looked back at this comment lol I got a good laugh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andeciuala said:

Is it too much difficult to understand, that, today, mouse and keyboard on xbox is only possible with adaptors?! There is not natively supported, so it's not op like it would be. It's only emulating the controller on mouse and keyboard. They are limited by the maximum speed, and everything.... There is no advantage, the best MK players are like the best controller players... Some one who thinks it's OP, should test it before talking sh%~* on internet.

This guy gets it. I've used mouse in PUBG on Xbox One for the past 3 months or so. (mouse and Sony Nav, to be exact). It is NOT like you see the PC gamers playing. They can whip their mouse and do a 180 in a blink of an eye. On the Xbox, I can move my mouse quickly and the adapter (in this case, a Xim Apex) blinks at me indicating I'm trying to move faster than the game can support. I have all my sensitivity settings maxed across the board and the game will only turn as fast as I can do with my controller. THERE IS NO SPEED ADVANTAGE!! My less-than-stellar KD has remained unchanged. Stop thinking it's a magic device that suddenly makes you a God in the game. The odds are very high that if someone killed you, it wasn't because they were using a mouse.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2018 at 5:32 AM, HybridGT said:

Well said. Similar to if you've been straight your whole life and suddenly wanted to try being gay to see if you're going to be better at it...

Wait, what? ?

They say the people who have tried both are more worldly and open minded.

• Confused 1

I personally hate M&K...the controls to me are clunky, and i do much better with a joystick. I hate learning and trying to memorize keys as buttons. Meh, Im a consoler

2 hours ago, AngryHog said:

This guy gets it. I've used mouse in PUBG on Xbox One for the past 3 months or so. (mouse and Sony Nav, to be exact). It is NOT like you see the PC gamers playing. They can whip their mouse and do a 180 in a blink of an eye. On the Xbox, I can move my mouse quickly and the adapter (in this case, a Xim Apex) blinks at me indicating I'm trying to move faster than the game can support. I have all my sensitivity settings maxed across the board and the game will only turn as fast as I can do with my controller. THERE IS NO SPEED ADVANTAGE!! My less-than-stellar KD has remained unchanged. Stop thinking it's a magic device that suddenly makes you a God in the game. The odds are very high that if someone killed you, it wasn't because they were using a mouse.

3 minutes ago, Beastmode816 said:

I personally hate M&K...the controls to me are clunky, and i do much better with a joystick. I hate learning and trying to memorize keys as buttons. Meh, Im a consoler

These 2 both said it just like I've said it. The controls are not the same because they forced the controls from PC to Xbox, then from Xbox to K&M. The controls do not work like a PC except for the mouse movement. Kinda....you can't snap like shroud, and trying to loot is a fucking nightmare with K&M. There is no click and drag, you have to go up and down the inventory list using a key input. Makes it extremely difficult. Totally not worth the possibility of aiming better. 

6 hours ago, Andeciuala said:

Xbox has native support for mouse and keyboard right now. The dashboard for TV apps have been using it for months. The issue is the devs limit it just like everything else like console gaming.

• Like 1

I know the whole k&M argument has been done to death. But Figured I would drop my 2 cents on the matter and see exactly where it leads. Seeing a comment from the pubg forums on the topic of Buying accessories pre drop got me thinking. The comment was "You introduce anything that gives even a fraction of an advantage and it becomes pay to win." A Key bored and mouse do exactly that they give an advantage even a slight one in the least though I would say more than that considering it gives a huge aiming boost.

Now before people come in saying it does not make you a god a terminator etc  that is not what im saying. Anyone like myself and others who has played on pc and are very comfortable with a mouse and good with it would instantly when it is zeroed in and set up would be able to out shoot a large portion of those who use a controller.

Back to my base topic here though. The game has no standard K&M support so in order to do so you gotta shell out at least 100$ or so to get a good adapter to allow the use of it. So with that you are buying an advantage would that not count as a sort of pay to win or at the least pay for advantage. Now I am not here to start an anti M&K thread etc but to just start a conversation from my thoughts and my point of view. Not here to complain about K&M users but to share the idea that came to me and see if anyone would like to offer their thoughts on the given subject. 

• RIP 2

Meh, for shits n giggles I tried to use my mouse again the other day. Good god is that damn thing a bitch. Gonna have to put in months upon months just to be able to use it properly.....I was starting to get the hang of it awhile back when I hit it for a week, but shit was my wrist killing me.
https://mixer.com/wizardO3?vod=51933720

My only question is "Are mouse and keyboards expressly forbidden for use on the Xbox version of the game?"

If they not are expressly forbidden, then yes, in a way, it is pay to win. If they are banned, then it is pay to cheat and should be dealt with accordingly.

As for pay to win items, to me it would straight up defeat the purpose of what the game is. 100 peeps dropping in with EXACTLY the same chance of victory.

• Like 1

Agree skull  and given pubgs stance on it is this "Although usage of these devices is statistically very low, fair gameplay is core to our experience, and we will be communicating our plan to curb the use of these devices soon," it does seem it is seen as an unfair advantage.

Edited by blackwings679

Interesting perspective. I definitely agree with you that for some players, those who are effective at aiming with a mouse, there is a distinct advantage gained by spending the money on getting a mouse and keyboard set-up. Although I would say this doesn't bother me as much as actual games that are pay-to-win for a few reasons:

• I would say (and this is my opinion as someone who is average or slightly above, but no where near proficient with a mouse) that the advantage gained by using a mouse is negligible. Especially for the money required to be spent on expensive adapters.
  • As far as I know, having to use these adapters mimics the inputs from your mouse as if it were from an analogue controller , resulting in movements not happening as they would if native support was allowed. This difference might seem trivial, but the effect it has on muscle memory would be substantial.
  • While I have never seen a quantified amount, from what I've seen; the amount of players using a mouse and keyboard with these adapters is an extremely minimal part of the player population.

All of this is to say: 

Although I think for some people it could be considered "pay-to-win"... The amount of these people who are motivated, able to afford, or otherwise inclined to employ the use of an adapter; in conjunction with being skilled with a mouse and keyboard, are extremely minimal. Likely, there is a fair amount of people who in their attempts to gain an edge and "git gud" have tried and failed to use an adapter for a mouse on this game. So I don't think we could necessarily classify this as pay-to-win.

Edited by ThaTongan

you guys didn't see the post made by the pubg xbox dev team.....they all use mouse and keyboards on their "lets all play the game" day. MnK is highly encouraged from the people who actually make the game.

.As for other forms of pay to play strategies, if anyone who has a pair of really good headphones can tell you, that's the best and most legal way of getting easy kills. Anyone who just uses their TV speakers to play are at a huge unfair disadvantage.

Edited by wizardO3

5 minutes ago, wizardO3 said:

you guys didn't see the post made by the pubg xbox dev team.....they all use mouse and keyboards on their "lets all play the game" day. MnK is highly encouraged from the people who actually make the game.

.As for other forms of pay to play strategies, if anyone who has a pair of really good headphones can tell you, that's the best and most legal way of getting easy kills. Anyone who just uses their TV speakers to play are at a huge unfair disadvantage.

But its not available for the base player base. If they encourage it why not make it available to everyone?  The head set tv items giving an advantage is a blanket excuse imo. All of those things a person has readily available and was part of the intended use for the base players. A K&M was not or it would be simple as plug and play.

35 minutes ago, wizardO3 said:

I mean first off your doing it wrong. You need skill with a MnK and skill with creating a proper interface.  Having those two you get a huge advantage over a controller even in this game.

And also, you can't assume they encourage MnK. You can't even assume they were playing the xbox version in that video.

11 hours ago, Andeciuala said:

Who what ever say MK is pay to win, have never EVER tried one!

Not really pay to win given the person is not guaranteed a win. But pay for advantage yes if the person is used to mouse and key bored. An advantage created by means of 3rd party software to go around the games intended control method of a controller. 

14 hours ago, fUll951 said:

it's not pay to win. it's your preferred input method. not everyone is gonna prefer it. 

If its a persons preferred input method then they can play on pc. It is not an input method intended for the game on console so people have to go and buy an adapter to do so. That does not make it pay to win because it does not guarantee a win but  more so pay for an advantage. Now to anyone wanting to defend it saying its not cheating here is MS definition of cheating. " Cheating is using unauthorized hardware, software, or account modifications to gain an advantage or disrupt the competitive landscape of Xbox Live. Cheating violates the Microsoft Services Agreement and Code of Conduct."