Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

8 minutes ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

Hi Andy,

Do you have any insight into my question? I haven't heard anything from the devs on this for a while. 

The Devs still have no plans to natively support keyboard and mouse for PUBG on Xbox.

Just now, Andymh5 said:

The Devs still have no plans to natively support keyboard and mouse for PUBG on Xbox.

Wish they would go ahead and support it if they can't do something about people using 3rd party devices. Oh well.

• Like 1

I still don't know why this is an issue. You still have ZERO idea if the player who just killed you is using a M&K. Unless you have them send you video proof of your gameplay, then you have no idea. It could be a lucky shot, or they're just that good. 

If you need an excuse as to why you couldn't kill that guy, you need to blame yourself. You could've taken cover better, ran away, flanked, or threw a smoke or something. Or maybe they're just that damn good with a controller. 

Now, I have no doubt in my mind that there are people who're great at M&K on Xbox and they've probably destroyed some of us plenty of times. But you can always do better. If you played like everyone was on M&K, how would you play? Why aren't you playing like that already? If that's how you beat the best players on PUBG, why aren't you doing it? 

This whiny crap over M&K is dumb. If you get destroyed, just give it the ole' "Fuck that was a great shot" and move on. Or, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

FYI, only used M&K for a couple months and stopped. I don't game on the computer so I prefer the native Xbox controller anyway. But I can see the pros to M&K, I just know it's not going to make you the best player above everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Andler2008 said:

I still don't know why this is an issue. You still have ZERO idea if the player who just killed you is using a M&K. Unless you have them send you video proof of your gameplay, then you have no idea. It could be a lucky shot, or they're just that good. 

If you need an excuse as to why you couldn't kill that guy, you need to blame yourself. You could've taken cover better, ran away, flanked, or threw a smoke or something. Or maybe they're just that damn good with a controller. 

Now, I have no doubt in my mind that there are people who're great at M&K on Xbox and they've probably destroyed some of us plenty of times. But you can always do better. If you played like everyone was on M&K, how would you play? Why aren't you playing like that already? If that's how you beat the best players on PUBG, why aren't you doing it? 

This whiny crap over M&K is dumb. If you get destroyed, just give it the ole' "Fuck that was a great shot" and move on. Or, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

FYI, only used M&K for a couple months and stopped. I don't game on the computer so I prefer the native Xbox controller anyway. But I can see the pros to M&K, I just know it's not going to make you the best player above everyone. 

You it will not make better than everyone but if you get a guy that is on the lvl of shroud and ninja and give them mouse and keyboard against controllers they would win 100 percent of the time but thank god most people that are good with mouse and keyboard stay on pc which is why all the noobs are running to xbox but 95 percent of mouse and keyboard users on xbox are garbage please stop replying to this post it is getting tiring to see everyday at the top and it was already on the top when I replied

5 hours ago, Ev1l Shrimp said:

You it will not make better than everyone but if you get a guy that is on the lvl of shroud and ninja and give them mouse and keyboard against controllers they would win 100 percent of the time but thank god most people that are good with mouse and keyboard stay on pc which is why all the noobs are running to xbox but 95 percent of mouse and keyboard users on xbox are garbage please stop replying to this post it is getting tiring to see everyday at the top and it was already on the top when I replied

5 hours ago, Andler2008 said:

I dont recall asking you. Stop assuming that anytime someone post about this means they think they just died to a m& k user. I have no idea if I have or not. It's common knowledge that mouse aiming trumps stick aiming everytime. So M&K currently have no place on console. It causes multiplayer shooter games to become unbalanced. So anyone using these devices to gain an advantage are just lying to themselves about how good they think they are at this game. Also when I posted this it wasnt a reply to this thread. It got moved here by the forum moderator. 

any xbox players on mandk should play on pc, pc more powerful, games more developed and has more content, and you prefer mouse and keyboard

I cant believe this topic is still going.  No one is talking about the modded controllers or mods you can use for rapid fire or no recoil. 

But mouse and keyboard is worse? Ok....

The only way to stop this is for Microsoft to release a patch on the console itself. It's not a problem with PUBG, it's the console that allows it.

And why would Microsoft stop people using mouse and keyboard, when they have thier hands in PC gaming too? The Xbox One is basically running a stripped down Windows 10 anyway, the Xbox one is more like a PC then it is a console. That's why it's so easy for microsoft to have all thier latest games run with Xbox One and Windows 10.

So you see, you shouldn't be posting on the PUBG forums about this, you should be posting on the official Xbox one forums. BlueHole cannot do anything about the keyboard and mouse issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meade3 said:

I cant believe this topic is still going.  No one is talking about the modded controllers or mods you can use for rapid fire or no recoil. 

Even worse are the people using the map radar hacks that show everyone’s position and every loot item location in the game.  That to me is a greater threat then XIM, which is still limited by the controller. 

11 hours ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

Wish they would go ahead and support it if they can't do something about people using 3rd party devices. Oh well.

i agree. 

4 hours ago, Meade3 said:

they just like to say the mnk emulators use those same mods . no doubt possible.  but way more likely to be used on a controller in this space

5 hours ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

So anyone using these devices to gain an advantage are just lying to themselves about how good they think they are at this game.

say it ten more times. maybe it will become true.

5 hours ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

. So anyone using these devices to gain an advantage are just lying to themselves about how good they think they are at this game. 

So anyone using these device and not gaining an advantage are not lying themselves, they're just playing for fun with a control method they prefer.

You only gain an advantage if you practice enough to be good with a MnK. But if you practiced enough with a controller, you'd also be good/better

They most definitely are which makes it all the more hilarious as to why they turned off chat pad compatibility. I don’t get it. 

Would love hot keys for meds and emotes. 

I dunno, i use a controller and have 15,89% chicken dinner percentage but not playing for win everytime, droping most of the time at hot locations, was top10 in duos eu for a couple days at the end of the last season, so it's possible to play good with controller, BUT here are the facts:

1. Emulated MnK is not as good as if it would ne a native support. Some gameplay elements like looting could be worse, that what i've heard.

2. Some PUBG Devs said that using third party devices gives you an unfair advantage therefore it's like cheating and they trying to gather information to block these emulators (But cmon we all know it's not gonna happen)

3. In the most shooter games on console there is some type of aim assist for controllers, in PUBG there isn't, which i like, but this makes mnk stand out even more.

4. MnK is due it's nature a superior input device in terms of aiming even if it's not native. I dunno how could someone argue about that. I don't have PC for gaming at home, only using notebook without mnk, so i don't have mnk experience on a daily basis but i've played a couple times on PC in my life and aiming was easiest thing ever. I tried CS and COD and after a couple matches i was already better at aiming as i was on console. Using keyboard properly would take a lil bit longer maybe couple weeks. But cmon for getting better at aiming with mouse takes no longer than 2 days if you are an average player, it's the most intuitive and easiest way to use, it can be so precise and fast at the same time, if you found good XIM settings of course but there are some presets too. Watched a guy on yt the other day, he went from beeing an average player with controller to a pubg god burst firering everyone with an m16 mid-long ranges without missing much. 

At least for me personally i would like to use mnk when microsoft officially allows it until then i am gonna stick to controller

• Like 1

I don't know about anybody else, but the fact that it's immediately apparent someone is using a mouse and keyboard should be enough to provoke the devs to atleast ask the Xbox community if they want the use of m&k taken away on console. 

I'm not stating anybody cheated or hacked, nor am I complaining about losing or dying. I understand this game favors no one and skills are learned and developed. Im not a super amazing pubg player. I do get my chicken dinners but if you knew my win ratio you'd probably laugh. However in combat one on one or even me against a duo I am generally able to come out alive(I don't mean when someone kills me from far away or behind my back without a chance). 

The only thing that bothers me is when I'm killed by someone who is using a m&k... People can say what they want but using m&k on Xbox pubg is a clear advantage to using the joysticks on the Xbox controller. And as I said in the beginning it is always immediately apparent, the unbelievable accuracy comnined with fractions on a second movement is not possible using the standard Xbox controller. In those fire fights( which happen regularly ) I have no chance. I don't even get the chance. 

M&k is for PC, the Xbox controller is for Xbox.  Now once they start cross platforming there should be the ability to choose weather you want to have all M&k, all Xbox controller, or a mix of both.

If you agree please say so

If not please say why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anthonycuadras52 said:

I don't know about anybody else, but the fact that it's immediately apparent someone is using a mouse and keyboard should be enough to provoke the devs to atleast ask the Xbox community if they want the use of m&k taken away on console. 

I'm not stating anybody cheated or hacked, nor am I complaining about losing or dying. I understand this game favors no one and skills are learned and developed. Im not a super amazing pubg player. I do get my chicken dinners but if you knew my win ratio you'd probably laugh. However in combat one on one or even me against a duo I am generally able to come out alive(I don't mean when someone kills me from far away or behind my back without a chance). 

The only thing that bothers me is when I'm killed by someone who is using a m&k... People can say what they want but using m&k on Xbox pubg is a clear advantage to using the joysticks on the Xbox controller. And as I said in the beginning it is always immediately apparent, the unbelievable accuracy comnined with fractions on a second movement is not possible using the standard Xbox controller. In those fire fights( which happen regularly ) I have no chance. I don't even get the chance. 

M&k is for PC, the Xbox controller is for Xbox.  Now once they start cross platforming there should be the ability to choose weather you want to have all M&k, all Xbox controller, or a mix of both.

If not please say why?

I don’t believe it happens regularly at all. Only once I’ve suspected somebody using a mouse and keyboard and that was only suspicion. He could of been just really good with a controller. Out of 1200+ matches that’s my only instance. 

Some people are just really good at this game with a controller 

Can you provide any soild proof you went up against someone with a mnk. I coundnt even think of any of my deaths where i went thats a mnk

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

51 minutes ago, anthonycuadras52 said:

If not please say why?

Explain how its "immediately apparent" that someone is using MnK. 

There is no way to tell.  At all.  It's impossible. 

Unless you're a dev and have access to that info.

To date,  Nobody's been able to postal method of detection that actually works. 

You guys who complain about this are just pissed you got killed by someone who you thought you should've beaten.  

There's no way to know. 

did you make any clips of these events? unless you can edit out player names to keep everything anonymous, don't post. but if you can please share. 

It is possible to achieve the same accuracy with a standard controller... M&K on Xbox doesn’t allow you to do anything you can’t do with a controller, there is a misconception that it works like on PC but in reality it just takes mouse input and converts it into controller analogue input, you would still have the same max turn speed etc...

8 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

did you make any clips of these events? unless you can edit out player names to keep everything anonymous, don't post. but if you can please share. 

I don't have any clips. Getting a recording is not what's going through my mind at those moments. I used the word regularly incorrectly. It's not every match or even every day. By regularly I meant I sort of noticed a pattern. The gun used, the incredible distances, or the way they move when behind a cover, and they are all headshots. In my personal opinion I don't think it's possible to manuver that quickly, that effectively, or that accurately using the controller. 

2 minutes ago, beavykins said:

It is possible to achieve the same accuracy with a standard controller... M&K on Xbox doesn’t allow you to do anything you can’t do with a controller, there is a misconception that it works like on PC but in reality it just takes mouse input and converts it into controller analogue input, you would still have the same max turn speed etc...

Yes but using the mouse to click where to shoot is infinitely more accurate then a joystick. It's extremely precise. I'm not saying the joysticks are not precise but not in comparison to a mouse i