Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

For those who dont know. Xim is the adapter to use Mouse and Keyboard on xbox. So fortnite bloked it on xbox so the adapter doesnt work anymore. 

Source: https://amp.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9nd2x8/thank_youxim_users_getting_kicked_in_fortnite/

At the beginning i thought it was impossible to do that on any game. but now fortnite proved it. So there is no excuse PUBG PLEASE DO THE SAME !!

Epic blocked legit native mouse and keyboarders from playing in lobby with controllers. This affected xim users for one day. It was already fixed by xim. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugman said:

I don't mind M&K users, but if PUBG allows it on Xbox I hope they will segregate users into separate games for input device. I'd like to try M&K, but I would feel icky using it against controllers.

Doesn’t matter if they make separate games modes, they will still cheat to play against controller users. It’s the number one reason they do it in the first place. Scum. 

6 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

What I agree on:

I 100% agree that a M+K is going to give you better accuracy than a controller - especially for people like myself that are seasoned PC gamers with really good mouse skills and relatively mediocre controller skills.

I have a 4k/d, I'm sure I'd have a 8-12k/d with a mouse setup that was responsive like PC. With a XIM or adapter it might not be so high due to it emulating a controller, but I know that I'd win a lot more pure-aim fights and I'd be hitting those flick shots way more often, even with a fair amount of input lag.

What I don't agree on:

I play with a decent couple of people (one who has a 9k/d on EU) and we quite often win with 30+ kills between us, all using controllers. I think there are many less people using M+K than people think and out of those M+K players there are still people that will smash them on a controller because their mouse skills aren't that great.

You only have to watch the video of StoneMountain64 playing PUBG with his XIM to see how bad his aim was on console compared to his PC aim which is pretty decent (ok this was early days when the frames weren't as good but still).

I also use quite high sens - 10 general, 10 on 1x/2x/3x - 4x is on 8 at the moment and it drops a little, but I get what you are saying. I tried with 20 sens on everything on the PTS last night and though I got 9 kills, a lot of those were quite challenging as my aim was difficult to tame at those sens levels.

I've run into maybe one or two people in the last few months who may or may not have been using M+K - one dude who I can only assume flick headshot me and my duos partner - but he could have just got two decent solid flick shots.

However:

Giving a mouse user the option of having 20 sens where they can move their mouse with precision to line up those ranged shots is only going to make any m+k users more deadly after the patch.

Let's hope the numbers are as low as I think they are.

I think the numbers are higher than you assume. This isn’t something that bothers me a lot, although I have made several posts about it. I pretty much just do this while on business flights to pass time.

i think the apex is much more responsive these days than you think as well. There are plenty of videos for them to tune it just right. And yes, if they boost the sensitivity to 20, it will be even more advantageous to use a m&k. I still don’t believe any controller users can go past 10 sensitivity and truly benefit from it. They may think they want it, but it will just lead to more potatoe aim. It must the m&k community pushing for the increased sensitivity. 

universal perifial compatibility is a good thing. it's tragic to see such non inclusive rhetoric 

2 hours ago, Patches37 said:

Doesn’t matter if they make separate games modes, they will still cheat to play against controller users. It’s the number one reason they do it in the first place. Scum. 

I assure you it's not. the only time you hear anyone say this is in opposition to its use. there's maybe a handful of guys out there trolling and saying this... because they know it gets to you.

Em 12/10/2018 at 11:45, Charlieboy disse:

The problem with that video is that the dude who is controlling the M+K makes a really bad case for it because he's horrendously bad with a mouse! :D

It would be great to compare your status with mine, if you are not a chicken scared, post your gamer tag and I'll post the comparison here.... Well let's see.

10 minutes ago, Andeciuala said:

It would be great to compare your status with mine, if you are not a chicken scared, post your gamer tag and I'll post the comparison here.... Well let's see.

Lol what? What's that gotta do with bad mouse control?

It’s only a matter of time before we see people crying here about their XIM not working on PUBG and I can’t king wait!!!!

I say, live and let live.

Never used one as I dont feel the need to, but I really dont mind the people who do.

/start rampage.

Fortnite users are also always getting grounded for not getting their homework done.

Edited by Pike_Hunter
wtf this is not where i posted that.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:59 PM, Patches37 said:

I think the numbers are higher than you assume. This isn’t something that bothers me a lot, although I have made several posts about it. I pretty much just do this while on business flights to pass time.

i think the apex is much more responsive these days than you think as well. There are plenty of videos for them to tune it just right. And yes, if they boost the sensitivity to 20, it will be even more advantageous to use a m&k. I still don’t believe any controller users can go past 10 sensitivity and truly benefit from it. They may think they want it, but it will just lead to more potatoe aim. It must the m&k community pushing for the increased sensitivity. 

I started up a thread about this the other day and the number of people coming on claiming that they "easily play on 15 and it doesn't mean someone is using an M&K" and that I need to "get gud"... was laugable. I fully agree. 20 sensitivity with a controller would be awful. They're catering to M&K users. 

Secondo voi, gli sviluppatori di pubg dovrebbero permettere l'uso di mouse e tastiera utilizzando server dedicati?

Non lo permetteranno. Hanno affermato che sarebbe ingiusto. E non ci sarà alcun server dedicato per mouse e tastiera.

Edited by SuperFX2

Players are already leaving PUBG, if they remove those using M & K, there will be almost nothing left AUEHUAHEUAEHUAEHAEUAE

In the old days i used an XIM with a muse and keybord on my xbox 360 and i Can Tell you thats using it makes a massive advantage becors in the xim settings you Can fine tune your muse so motsh that if som one is shooting at you, you Can turn so motch faster and kill the person that was shooting at you..

If you never tried using an XIM you can't say that it dossent make a different BECORS it doss..! 

And if your that stupid thinking it's not going to make you in to a killing machine go play fortnite like the rest of the 8 year old kids.

in the old days my K/D was around 24 in COD and EVRY game I played i got a nuke 

29 minutes ago, Dkhoneybadger said:

In the old days i used an XIM with a muse and keybord on my xbox 360 and i Can Tell you thats using it makes a massive advantage becors in the xim settings you Can fine tune your muse so motsh that if som one is shooting at you, you Can turn so motch faster and kill the person that was shooting at you..

If you never tried using an XIM you can't say that it dossent make a different BECORS it doss..! 

And if your that stupid thinking it's not going to make you in to a killing machine go play fortnite like the rest of the 8 year old kids.

in the old days my K/D was around 24 in COD and EVRY game I played i got a nuke 

Is this written in English?! ?

As someone said as far as another well known BR game goes XIM already found a way around it so even blocking it is at most a 24 hour temp fix. Now what would prove more useful is ban that persons account if an XIM type device was detected under reasoning of cheating/hacking. Now before anyone claims its not cheating why is it that the base game does not have support? Why is it company's are wanting to block people from using it? Because it was not meant to be used with the game and because they know it gives an advantage and an edge to said players. Now I know someone will try and spin it and say its legit or it does not give an edge its just a preference when it comes to playing  but we all know its not pubg corp even said they intend to curb the use of said devices. And if a K&M are your preferred way of playing games then go out get a gaming pc and play pubg on it. But we all know that wont happen because that would make for an even playing field. So its not about preferred control style its about having an advantage to make your self look better than you really are.