Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

1 hour ago, HybridGT said:

Here's some life advice. You can't control what others are doing. What you can do is put that energy into bettering yourself, rather then stress over others.

By this reasoning there is no room to ever give feedback on a situation, even when the those in control specifically request it (as in this case).

Also, the reason no developer or even Microsoft are doing anything about it is the simple fact that they are controller emulators. Take a moment and understand what that means. All inputs are being sent through the controller WITH latency and they can't do anything you can't. It's nowhere near the same as playing natively on a PC. Yes, I knows this, because I actually play PUBG on pc.

That's incorrect.  It's easy to determine based on the input whether it's coming from a controller or a modded controller such as xim that outputs signals that aren't possible on a normal controller.  It's a matter of whether the devs decide to make it happen (I believe microsoft even provides APIs for them to use... though that's unconfirmed).

Feel free to carry on with the pitchfork crusade, I'm going to go back to enjoying the game. Peace man. 

I enjoy the game too.  Less so when I get smoked in the final fight by someone using an obvious cheat after a (good) long game leading up to it.  Therefore it's worth the small effort to request the devs make this change.  It took me no longer to write this post than it did for you to write yours so I'm not sure what your point is anyway... we're both spending time typing instead of playing, and there is otherwise no "crusade" of any kind.

1 hour ago, HybridGT said:

<deleted>

realized I responded to the same poster twice... oops

Edited by McNathanson
realized I responded to the same poster twice... oops

1 minute ago, HybridGT said:

@McNathanson Duly noted. Sorry if I offended you. Carry on.

Also welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. 

No offense taken at all, just responding... and thanks, appreciate the welcome ?

Just now, McNathanson said:

By this logic, olympic athletes shouldn't be concerned if others are using steroids... or taking off before the starting gun in a sprint... or... yeah.

Any proof?  Or just making stuff up?

It's not magic, it's pretty easy to fix... it's a matter of whether they choose to.

I'm in the top 10 on kill rating. So are 2 of my friends. Bunch of others on there even stream their games. Unless you're going to say they've pre recorded using a controller and used that cam image. In which case I don't know what else to say ?

5 minutes ago, McNathanson said:

That's incorrect.  It's easy to determine based on the input whether it's coming from a controller or a modded controller such as xim that outputs signals that aren't possible on a normal controller.  It's a matter of whether the devs decide to make it happen (I believe microsoft even provides APIs for them to use... though that's unconfirmed).

Hold up. I'm confused here. If inputs are sent through the controller. How exactly is a xim sending signals that aren't possible? 

7 hours ago, Pick Six said:

You can only turn as fast as a controller can turn and with PUBG that is pretty slow.

It's not turn rate, it's aim precision.

1 minute ago, McNathanson said:

It's not turn rate, it's aim precision.

So you're assuming anyone with good aim is clearly using a mouse?

Got it. 

Everyone that carries a firearms license must be a murderer too. 

2 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

Hold up. I'm confused here. If inputs are sent through the controller. How exactly is a xim sending signals that aren't possible? 

Sorry, by "not possible" I mean a pattern of inputs that's not humanly possible on a controller, not input that isn't possible using the xbox controller input API (which of course the XIM uses).

So you're assuming anyone with good aim is clearly using a mouse?

Of course not... I didn't say anything like that.  I said that the mnk advantage isn't turning rate, it's aiming precision.  You can however watch someone on spectate and learn pretty quickly if they have mnk going based on the way they move (esp if you can watch them using a scope, it's quite obvious in many cases).

Everyone that carries a firearms license must be a murderer too. 

Jeez I hope not... that'd be a totally unfair advantage for the murderers ;)

@McNathanson If you genuinely believe it's such a huge obvious advantage, go out and purchase one yourself. Seems easy enough. Others have done it and even posted their findings (@MrSheiff).

It's not hard to get better at aiming. Just because one person panic fires and doesn't know how to make controlled shots, it doesn't automatically mean others are cheating.

Here's the shocking truth, if you take the time to practice, you'll eventually improve. Ludicrous. I know. 

2 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

@McNathanson If you genuinely believe it's such a huge obvious advantage, go out and purchase one yourself. Seems easy enough. Others have done it and even posted their findings (@MrSheiff).

Ah, good old internet forums.  Again, putting words in my mouth that I never said ("huge" advantage).  And I don't want to play mnk because I think the game is better without them.  E.G. evading long range fire is easier when nobody has mnk, which I think makes the game better.  And other stuff that makes the game worse like jump shots are harder with controller than mnk.  Etc.

It's not hard to get better at aiming. Just because one person panic fires and doesn't know how to make controlled shots, it doesn't automatically mean others are cheating.

Yep, agree.  Never said that though, but I agree nonetheless.

Here's the shocking truth, if you take the time to practice, you'll eventually improve. Ludicrous. I know. 

Also agree, except it's not shocking, or ludicrous... in fact, just kinda stating the obvious (that practice makes you better).

Ah, good old internet forums.  Again, putting words in my mouth that I never said ("huge" advantage).  And I don't want to play mnk because I think the game is better without them.  E.G. evading long range fire is easier when nobody has mnk, which I think makes the game better.  And other stuff that makes the game worse like jump shots are harder with controller than mnk.  Etc.

Yep, agree.  Never said that though, but I agree nonetheless.

Also agree, except it's not shocking, or ludicrous... in fact, just kinda stating the obvious (that practice makes you better).

Oh right, my apologies. You're a different person with a completely different newly registered account. Got it.

And yes, the game is better without it. Because it's nowhere near 1:1 with an emulator.

Jump shots? Really? They are total luck based shots because bullet spread ratios already go to insane levels when you're jumping.

Anyway, carry on. I don't have much else to say on this topic. I think the 30 odd pages have done enough.

For the record, I lose plenty of firefights to players not using mnk.  Every now and then, someone's shots are fishy (such as long range consecutive rapid headshots, or jumping headhots off a building).  When they are "fishy" (not "cheating", just suspect), I can spectate, and sometimes clearly tell they are playing mnk by the way they move their crosshairs.  Other times, they looks totally normal, and other times, somewhere in between.  I'm not assuming they are using mnk until I spectate and see obvious movement patterns (such as ultra-fast-pan, instant stop on nothing interesting, ultra-fast-pan in the same direction, which shows mouse pick-up... stuff like that).

Oh right, my apologies. You're a different person with a completely different newly registered account. Got it.

Right.

???

3 minutes ago, McNathanson said:

For the record, I lose plenty of firefights to players not using mnk.  Every now and then, someone's shots are fishy (such as long range consecutive rapid headshots, or jumping headhots off a building).  When they are "fishy" (not "cheating", just suspect), I can spectate, and sometimes clearly tell they are playing mnk by the way they move their crosshairs.  Other times, they looks totally normal, and other times, somewhere in between.  I'm not assuming they are using mnk until I spectate and see obvious movement patterns (such as ultra-fast-pan, instant stop on nothing interesting, ultra-fast-pan in the same direction, which shows mouse pick-up... stuff like that).

Stuff like this is hard enough to do by a professional competitive player on PC, I find it hard to believe this is happening on Xbox One.

And to the jumping headshots off a building, this is probably just a fluke one off. The second you jump, say goodbye to your crosshair accuracy. Doesn't matter if we're using a controller, MnK or Guitar Hero controller. Are we playing the same game here? ?

To the last point, I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but not everyone runs in a straight line. People do use RB and check surroundings whilst running.

Re: Your last point as well. "Ultra fast pan". I thought we have come to an understanding that using an emulator has zero effect on your maximum turn speed. Or have you changed your mind on that? There are a shit ton of people playing on 10 general sensitivity.

Stuff like this is hard enough to do by a professional competitive player on PC, I find it hard to believe this is happening on Xbox One.

Yes, it's hard to do and if you get a few quick hits to the head at range you can speculate and see whether their crosshairs move like a mouse or like a joystick.

And to the jumping headshots off a building, this is probably just a fluke one off. The second you jump, say goodbye to your crosshair accuracy. Doesn't matter if we're using a controller, MnK or Guitar Hero controller. Are we playing the same game here? ?

Yes, probably a fluke.  I just gave an example of things that are harder with controller than with mnk.  Things that don't add to the game but make it worse.  Even jumping to peek a wall and shoot is less good imo and again is easier with mnk.  I think you're missing the point I'm making.  How about this: headshots at range are quicker and easier with mnk and they make the game less fun imo.  I prefer the less-lethal, less "aim-centric" version on xbox, that de-emphasizes twitch.  Just like I preferred the RL over railgun in Quake 2 (even though I was way better with rail) because it was more about out-thinking and less about out-twitching.  See what I'm getting at?  PC version of pubg < xbox version of pubg, so mnk (which makes it more like PC - NOT the same, but more like) is worse.

To the last point, I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but not everyone runs in a straight line. People do use RB and check surroundings whilst running.

I am wondering about whether you are reading what I wrote... "such as ultra-fast-pan, instant stop on nothing interesting, ultra-fast-pan in the same direction, which shows mouse pick-up".  This has nothing to do with running in a straight line or not.

6 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

Re: Your last point as well. "Ultra fast pan". I thought we have come to an understanding that using an emulator has zero effect on your maximum turn speed. Or have you changed your mind on that? There are a shit ton of people playing on 10 general sensitivity.

Sigh.  "such as ultra-fast-pan, instant stop on nothing interesting, ultra-fast-pan in the same direction, which shows mouse pick-up" isn't the same as "ultra fast pan", silly.

Sort of like how "rapid consecutive headshots at range" isn't the same as "headshots".  And other similar examples of taking a fragment of a sentence and arguing against just the fragment.

Edited by McNathanson

Just now, McNathanson said:

Sigh.  "such as ultra-fast-pan, instant stop on nothing interesting, ultra-fast-pan in the same direction, which shows mouse pick-up" isn't the same as "ultra fast pan", silly.

I'm referring to what you are suggesting. Not a literal frying pan silly Nathan...

Didn't you just agree that speed has no relevance? An emulator doesn't grant you excess speed over a controller.

Yes, it's hard to do and if you get a few quick hits to the head at range you can speculate and see whether their crosshairs move like a mouse or like a joystick.

Yes, speculation is all it is. With the given state of the game on Xbox right now, hitting someone consistently in the head from range is few and far between.

Yes, speculation is all it is. With the given state of the game on Xbox right now, hitting someone consistently in the head from range is few and far between.

As I mentioned earlier, you can speculate, and then go *see* them play... and sometimes, it's quite obvious they're mousing.

• RIP 1

I'm too busy playing and enjoying the game to worry about what somebody was using when they killed me. I've had some amazing quick kills, dead on, super accurate magic aim shots but I use a controller. You can't say the person consistently killed you the same one because it's a one off. You don't enough data in a round of Battlegrounds to really see this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McNathanson said:

Sort of like how "rapid consecutive headshots at range" isn't the same as "headshots".  And other similar examples of taking a fragment of a sentence and arguing against just the fragment.

I've yet to see consistent head shots at range more than a ridiculously small % whilst moving. If you're referring to getting double tapped whilst standing still, this is easy as hell to do. My squad mates and I do it on the daily. It doesn't need to be 2 to the head. Understand damage charts and numbers. You can easily double tap someone with an SKS/SLR, one to the head with a follow up body almost instantly. The follow up body shot (2nd shot) doesn't need to be on the head to knock/kill.

2 minutes ago, McNathanson said:

As I mentioned earlier, you can speculate, and then go *see* them play... and sometimes, it's quite obvious they're mousing.

True that. I don't stick around to spectate people, sometimes I just check to see where they were and that's about it. I re-queue for another round because I'm honestly not bothered if I get killed. Paranoia is a big deep hole.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

Didn't you just agree that speed has no relevance? An emulator doesn't grant you excess speed over a controller.

Hmmm... not sure you're picking up what I'm putting down!  I think the discussion is going in circles.  Have a good night I'm gonna go eat some milk duds and watch a movie! ✌️