Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

12 minutes ago, Pub_boom said:

Can this thread die? Its stupid and annoying. M&K is not an advantage, you just suck. End of story.

I’m not a pro but I don’t suck. So who are you calling out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pub_boom said:

Can this thread die? Its stupid and annoying. M&K is not an advantage, you just suck. End of story.

If the person using the mouse and keyboard has an extensive history with PC gaming; of course it would give them an advantage. 

Can said mouse/keyboarder be beat by a controller player?

Yes, of course. 

There you have it - everybody dies in PUBG

6 hours ago, sourlemons said:

If memory strikes me correctly the system was always envisioned to be paired with either a controller or M&K. I agree that the best solution would be for the games that do support M&K to pool M&K users together, and controller users together. Melding them both together on the same servers will lead to anarchy.

I think you're right, it makes sense, MS could take a big slice of the pie if they can bring more PC gamers onto Xbox. It could be great for Xbox too.

But, like you say, anarchy if they don't do it right though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

I think you're right, it makes sense, MS could take a big slice of the pie if they can bring more PC gamers onto Xbox. It could be great for Xbox too.

But, like you say, anarchy if they don't do it right though.

I recall reading a few articles concerning cross platform play. Allowing m&k will certainly even things out in that respect. 

This is all game/developer dependent of course.

7 hours ago, SezualCH0ch1ate said:

I’m not a pro but I don’t suck. So who are you calling out?

Not calling people out. I'm telling everyone here, straight up, there is no advantageto M&K. Kids cant seem to accept that some people are just really fucking good at this game. This is a top thread. People actually think there is a problem. The fact of the matter is if PUBG really thought these were a huge advantage they would have done something about it. They have the ability. 

• RIP 1

On 2/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, Kahun said:

As far as I'm aware there is no turning advantage at all as it is limited by the turn speed in the game. Yes they might have an advantage in aiming but I also heard that PUBG isn't officially supported by XIM so it doesn't feel good at all. I know of a friend with a XIM and he's been playing controller this whole time because the game isn't supported and feels like crap.  People think that you plug in keyboard and mouse and it gives you look mechanics of a PC lol

I find it funny when people blame others on using a XIM. Like hardly anyone is using it! You see all these people crying recently about XIM users like seriously just git gud. I'm dreading the game being fully supported by XIM because that's when all the XIM users will start flooding in, at the moment with no support the player base is small and you probably get killed with a controller 99.9% of the time. Once this game is fully supported (on release I guess?) you guys will have something to cry about then.

Not true, on EU almost 30% players are playing MaK and thats so frustrating....

8 hours ago, Pub_boom said:

there is no advantageto M&K.

You mean XiM right? Obviously XiM is limited by the control options in PUBG but native support for M&K would be a massive advantage.

The very best controller players won't get near that consistently high level of precision and speed.

Native M&K support (if mixed lobbies) would be an advantage so huge that it could potentially see every single match won by M&K. I'll certainly be moving to M&K if it gets native support.

Edited by ColonicBoom

On 7/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Rock1obsta said:

Explain how its "immediately apparent" that someone is using MnK. 

There is no way to tell.  At all.  It's impossible. 

Unless you're a dev and have access to that info.

To date,  Nobody's been able to postal method of detection that actually works. 

You guys who complain about this are just pissed you got killed by someone who you thought you should've beaten.  

There's no way to know. 

Can you prove someone is using M&K. No

Does it matter if you can prove it. No

Are people using M&K. Yes

Does it give an aiming advantage in a game without aim assist over controllers. Yes

Does it cause an unfair playing field. Yes

Are these 3rd party devices supposed to be used on console to mimic a controller. No

This is all that really matters. Proof is not needed because we all know they are being used. Even some on this forum have admitted to using them.

10 hours ago, Pub_boom said:

Not calling people out. I'm telling everyone here, straight up, there is no advantageto M&K. Kids cant seem to accept that some people are just really fucking good at this game. This is a top thread. People actually think there is a problem. The fact of the matter is if PUBG really thought these were a huge advantage they would have done something about it. They have the ability. 

You living in la la land bro. I have used the mnk on console before and.There is an aiming advantage over controller. If you set these emulators up right and already have pc gaming background, then you will have an advantage. It's Not a huge.advantage like many believe, but the aiming advantage is there.

• Like 1

On a different note, I have some great news.

Just got back from the doctor; he said my nose wouldn't bleed so much if I kept my finger out of there. 

Progress!

10 hours ago, Pub_boom said:

Deluded mate - you must be one of those people who can't aim with M&K.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying there's a problem with M&K players in PUBG - I'm just reacting to "there's no advantage to M&K" unless you mean just in PUBG in which case you may have some case (game runs like shit which means it's harder for M&K to be consistent with their aim). 

Simple fact is though, m&k outplays controller 99% of the time even in an average users hands - emulated or not, it's just more accurate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charleh said:

Deluded mate - you must be one of those people who can't aim with M&K.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying there's a problem with M&K players in PUBG - I'm just reacting to "there's no advantage to M&K" unless you mean just in PUBG in which case you may have some case (game runs like shit which means it's harder for M&K to be consistent with their aim). 

Simple fact is though, m&k outplays controller 99% of the time even in an average users hands - emulated or not, it's just more accurate.

I would argue that it's even more of an advantage in PUBG because their is no aim assist.

• Like 1

No Xbox model sells in any package a M&K so therefore that's exploiting and even can go as far as code of conduct on all console machines tell you this and accept of it could lead to ban and other illegal things, I know some are gonna say it's not detected, but still if people are gonna have to exploit and get an advantage on video games that I play, I will really consinder giving that game up, or play way less.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SLAYGROUNDS said:

No Xbox model sells in any package a M&K so therefore that's exploiting and even can go as far as code of conduct on all console machines tell you this and accept of it could lead to ban and other illegal things, I know some are gonna say it's not detected, but still if people are gonna have to exploit and get an advantage on video games that I play, I will really consinder giving that game up, or play way less.

Official support is coming my friend!

• Haha 1

Just now, Charleh said:

But guess what? It's not here yet. So these scrubs using them right now shouldn't be. It's not supported right now and not 100% guaranteed to be supported later.

5 minutes ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

But guess what? It's not here yet. So these scrubs using them right now shouldn't be. It's not supported right now and not 100% guaranteed to be supported later.

Agreed, but as soon as official support lands I'm going to start popping heads left/right/centre.

7 minutes ago, Charleh said:

For one I'm not your friend, and if they do support this their gonna lose quite a bit of players guaranteed, consoles are sold with controllers nobody wants to move a mouse around on a little pad all day we enjoy controllers. The numbers will drop tremendously. Me being one of those PUBG fans who plays quite a bit, will move on this will not be acceptable.

Just now, Charleh said:

Agreed, but as soon as official support lands I'm going to start popping heads left/right/centre.

You'll also be waiting longer Queing times as well.

Just played with a player who disclosed he had a mouse and keyboard. He had a massive advantage and the game needs to be only controller players with controller players and keyboard player with keyboard players. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charleh said:

Once supported I will have no problem with it. I will get a supported K&M if this happens. Especially if they don't separate them from the controller servers.

Edited by NgloriusBsterd

2 minutes ago, SLAYGROUNDS said:

For one I'm not your friend, and if they do support this their gonna lose quite a bit of players guaranteed, consoles are sold with controllers nobody wants to move a mouse around on a little pad all day we enjoy controllers. The numbers will drop tremendously. Me being one of those PUBG fans who plays quite a bit, will move on this will not be acceptable.

No need to get mad, I'm totally with you, I don't think anyone should be using M+K if it's not supported by MS and if they add it, they need to split the lobbies into KB/controller lobbies.

Anyone playing with a controller is going to get wrecked in m+k games. I'm all for them adding it - but I can see how it could divide the community.

I'd rather use a mouse by far - I'm happy to kill mouse players, if I had a decent gaming PC I'd probably play on PC but I just don't have the room in my house at the moment to put another desk/etc. I know I'd do a lot better on PC.

3 minutes ago, Charleh said:

No need to get mad, I'm totally with you, I don't think anyone should be using M+K if it's not supported by MS and if they add it, they need to split the lobbies into KB/controller lobbies.

Anyone playing with a controller is going to get wrecked in m+k games. I'm all for them adding it - but I can see how it could divide the community.

I'd rather use a mouse by far - I'm happy to kill mouse players, if I had a decent gaming PC I'd probably play on PC but I just don't have the room in my house at the moment to put another desk/etc. I know I'd do a lot better on PC.

I'm not mad whatsoever.

PC you can purchase a decent one for the same price as your Xbox One X and have your ways of M&K , should of realized what you were purchasing in the box when you got your Xbox and that doesn't just go for you that goes for the whole community as one.

Then all those K&M players can put their little T-Rex arms over their desk and have they're ways also.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SLAYGROUNDS said:

Lol where are you going to go ps4 already supports it so you are just talking bs either stop playing all games except switch and get off the forum we are all tired of your crying and bs saying they are loosening customers cause of this

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charleh said:

I'm curious where you got the info that PUBG would be allowing native support for M&K on Xbox? As I'm sure you know Microsoft stated they would give game developers the choice of whether or not to allow this support on their game. Thus far the only definitive thing I've seen PUBG say on that matter is that they plan to curb the use of third party emulators, why would they do that just to turn around and allow native support?

• Like 1