Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

5 hours ago, Delboytrotter said:

People are , yes.   There's a million posts on the subject in this very forum (hint - the search tool at the top is handy)

M&K users are not suddenly invincible death machines, they get shot as easily as the rest of us, they have a slight aiming/turning advantage but that's about it -  the whole subject has been run dry by now

The advantage is not slight.  Anyone with common sense knows it is a huge advantage for a seasoned mouse user.  There is a reason it has been run dry.  It is a straight joke and should have been handled long ago.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Manicpafc said:

Stonemountain64 was using K&M On his xbox youtube video and titled it something like "free kills on Xbox one"

LOL, a pro player that has logged hundreds of hours on the PC plays a few games on the xBox with it and does pretty well and that is proof that it takes mediocre players and converts them to Elite?

1 hour ago, phoztech said:

The ability to not over aim/stop movement and the ability to make micro adjustments quickly is a huge advantage.

Clearly you have not used one and thus have no clue of their abilities whether they be advantages or disadvantages. Did you watch the video mentioned above about StoneMountain64? As a pro, he still didnt just snap on target as you imply. Also, the micro adjustments you guys speak of... simply aren't there any more for a mouse as they are for a controller because of the game mechanics.

55 minutes ago, DemIsE4 said:

The advantage is not slight.  Anyone with common sense knows it is a huge advantage for a seasoned mouse user.  There is a reason it has been run dry.  It is a straight joke and should have been handled long ago.

Only people like you that continue to whine and cry about them and provide wrong assumptions and false information are really the joke. They aren't going anywhere no matter how much you whine and cry about them. Accept that and move on.

• RIP 1

I bought the Keymander to see what all the hype was about. I have only played XBOX one and PS4/PS3 with controllers for years. Never played on PC. 

I set up 2 folding tables (Tiny ones for when eating or whatever) and used my usual chair. I used it for a couple weeks, logged in prolly 80 hours on it, and saw some pretty amazing things. 

1) Looting with M&K is garbage. I tried a variation of key bindings with my mouse keys and such, but it simply was just annoying. 

2) Aiming is more precise! No quicker than someone with a controller though. But, because of the inherent ability to move slowly or quickly based on mouse speed, it is much more difficult to turn quickly on controller with 100% sensitivity. 

3) So much shit to set up and move around. I have a 7 year old son who likes to play with a controller. I have to move the setup everytime he wants to play. Gets old quick.

4) I paid $150 shipped for this setup. It did nothing for me. I got a cool keyboard and mouse out of it though. The price to try it was worth it, because now I know I'm not missing out on anything. 

I truly feel like the advantage only comes to those who are native to PC games and float on over to Xbox to play against controller users. Even still, the advantage is only 25% of the equation to "git gud".

Aiming is better, but everything else is still the same. You still have to out smart your opponents. You have to be willing to wait and hide in the middle of the map while people are shooting all around you. You have to know the best time to heal up, the best time to find cover in a fire fight. YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHEN TO BACK DOWN FROM A GUN FIGHT!!!!!!! Yeah, you might have a level 3 helmet, but the dude with a Kar98 and a 4x 150m away that just nailed a headshot on you with one shot, he's a pro. Don't try to fire back from behind that rock. Bandage up, take a booster, and wait him out. Run if you can. But, If you can't wait him out because the circle is coming, this is why he's going to kill you. You are simply not taking all variables into account. 

This game is not about who's got the best controller, or who has the best TV or monitor. It's about who is the best at working with items that are at their disposal. Obviously, you can't win a match with Pan only, but you can sure as hell give it a shot. If you do not learn how to gain a tactical advantage on your opponent while keeping 100% situational awareness, then you're not teaching yourself how to get better. You just cry about K&M users. 

M&K is not the problem. Your playing style is. (blanket statement for all those who cry about the M&K)

BTW, i moved back to controller because I can't stand K&M. It's not fun, but the aluminum Keyboard is cool as hell sitting on my desk at work lol

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

2 minutes ago, Andler2008 said:

Aiming is better

This alone is why it's an unfair advantage.  While PUBG has a lot of significant elements in it and it's not entirely about getting kills, aiming weapons is probably the single most important element.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

LOL, a pro player that has logged hundreds of hours on the PC plays a few games on the xBox with it and does pretty well and that is proof that it takes mediocre players and converts them to Elite?

Clearly you have not used one and thus have no clue of their abilities whether they be advantages or disadvantages. Did you watch the video mentioned above about StoneMountain64? As a pro, he still didnt just snap on target as you imply. Also, the micro adjustments you guys speak of... simply aren't there any more for a mouse as they are for a controller because of the game mechanics.

Only people like you that continue to whine and cry about them and provide wrong assumptions and false information are really the joke. They aren't going anywhere no matter how much you whine and cry about them. Accept that and move on.

Wrong assumptions and false information?  So you are saying the mouse and keyboard does not give you a huge advantage in aiming and recoil control?  Wow, you emulator users are a different breed. 

You guys know you are cheating but sit here and try to justify yourself constantly.  Rather comical.  Anything else you cheat on in your life?  I'm sure there is.  Once a cheater always a cheater.

Edited by DemIsE4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andler2008 said:

I bought the Keymander to see what all the hype was about. I have only played XBOX one and PS4/PS3 with controllers for years. Never played on PC. 

I set up 2 folding tables (Tiny ones for when eating or whatever) and used my usual chair. I used it for a couple weeks, logged in prolly 80 hours on it, and saw some pretty amazing things. 

1) Looting with M&K is garbage. I tried a variation of key bindings with my mouse keys and such, but it simply was just annoying. 

2) Aiming is more precise! No quicker than someone with a controller though. But, because of the inherent ability to move slowly or quickly based on mouse speed, it is much more difficult to turn quickly on controller with 100% sensitivity. 

3) So much shit to set up and move around. I have a 7 year old son who likes to play with a controller. I have to move the setup everytime he wants to play. Gets old quick.

4) I paid $150 shipped for this setup. It did nothing for me. I got a cool keyboard and mouse out of it though. The price to try it was worth it, because now I know I'm not missing out on anything. 

I truly feel like the advantage only comes to those who are native to PC games and float on over to Xbox to play against controller users. Even still, the advantage is only 25% of the equation to "git gud".

Aiming is better, but everything else is still the same. You still have to out smart your opponents. You have to be willing to wait and hide in the middle of the map while people are shooting all around you. You have to know the best time to heal up, the best time to find cover in a fire fight. YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHEN TO BACK DOWN FROM A GUN FIGHT!!!!!!! Yeah, you might have a level 3 helmet, but the dude with a Kar98 and a 4x 150m away that just nailed a headshot on you with one shot, he's a pro. Don't try to fire back from behind that rock. Bandage up, take a booster, and wait him out. Run if you can. But, If you can't wait him out because the circle is coming, this is why he's going to kill you. You are simply not taking all variables into account. 

This game is not about who's got the best controller, or who has the best TV or monitor. It's about who is the best at working with items that are at their disposal. Obviously, you can't win a match with Pan only, but you can sure as hell give it a shot. If you do not learn how to gain a tactical advantage on your opponent while keeping 100% situational awareness, then you're not teaching yourself how to get better. You just cry about K&M users. 

M&K is not the problem. Your playing style is. (blanket statement for all those who cry about the M&K)

BTW, i moved back to controller because I can't stand K&M. It's not fun, but the aluminum Keyboard is cool as hell sitting on my desk at work lol

I have said many times the emulators don't make you smarter.  The seasoned mouse player will have a huge advantage on aiming and recoil control.  Aiming and recoil control are 2 big advantages in this game.  More kills in populated areas = better loot.  Then you have to deal with a seasoned, full geared mouse player at the end.  My play style is fine.  Another said attempt by a mouse and keyboard user to deflect the fact they need a cheating device to play a game on the Xbox.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemIsE4 said:

So you are saying the mouse and keyboard does not give you a huge advantage in aiming and recoil control?

Yes, for the umpteenth time, I am saying that the mouse and keyboard does not give you a HUGE advantage in aiming and practically no advantage in recoil control as both mouse and controller players will learn to control recoil just as well regardless of the device they use.

However, let me let you in on a little fun fact about recoil which again shows you making wrong assumptions and stating them as fact, as most egotistical people that have no knowledge on the subject do. As I mouse user or even when I do use the controller, I don't really need to control recoil with the device. Why? Because I am a smart player and understand the game so regardless of controller type I know that I should single fire most times or don't let more than 5 bullets go at a time in auto mode to control not only the vertical recoil, but also the horizontal recoil. I also know that if you are close up when you are in full panic auto fire mode, then the recoil is going to have very little affect on if you are hitting someone or not, thus it is a none factor.

So you see again that YES, you are making wrong assumptions based on information you truly know nothing about, nor understand.

Edited by Skippy
  • RIP 1

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

people like you that continue to whine and cry about them and provide wrong assumptions and false information are really the joke. They aren't going anywhere no matter how much you whine and cry about them. Accept that and move on.

Of course you are going to try and defend your use of them but fact is your in the minority with your opinions and a huge chunk of the community will always see K&m users as cheaters

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Yes, for the umpteenth time, I am saying that the mouse and keyboard does not give you a HUGE advantage in aiming and practically no advantage in recoil control as both mouse and controller players will learn to control recoil just as well regardless of the device they use.

However, let me let you in on a little fun fact about recoil which again shows you making wrong assumptions and stating them as fact, as most egotistical people that have no knowledge on the subject do. As I mouse user or even when I do use the controller, I don't really need to control recoil with the device. Why? Because I am a smart player and understand the game so regardless of controller type I know that I should single fire most times or don't let more than 5 bullets go at a time in auto mode to control not only the vertical recoil, but also the horizontal recoil. I also know that if you are close up when you are in full panic auto fire mode, then the recoil is going to have very little affect on if you are hitting someone or not, thus it is a none factor.

So you see again that YES, you are making wrong assumptions based on information you truly know nothing about, nor understand.

M & K doesn't give you a huge advantage in aiming and recoil?  If it didn't people wouldn't use the Xim on console.  You emulator users are very comical.  So I may or may not be egotistical but you ARE a cheater.  What kind of individual do you have to be to use a cheat device on in a online video game?

• Like 3

I have already completely debunked your recoil argument.

I have already completely debunked your assumption that people only use a XIM on the console to gain an advantage over others.

Just because the answers don't fit your narrative and you don't like them, makes them no less true.

So keep on whining as I can only hope I am the reason for your next rant of how someone hit some impossible shot that can't be done with a controller, so it must be a KB+M user. Hopefully on that shot, I am on one of the other 3 xBoxes in the house that I use a controller on. Poor baby!

Edited by Skippy
  • RIP 2

10 hours ago, kammora said:

Nah that was like two days after release, he was already so good at the game from PC he was just being fed total noobs that were playing the game for the time. He would get pumped now I bet.

The only issue I have with this argument is that you're assuming everyone he was playing against were "noobs", which is statistically impossible; of course there were plenty of players that also own PUBG on PC as well, so to write off his double-digit kills within the first few hours of playing as "not a M&K advantage" is a bit irresponsible and naive.

I've played PUBG on my buddy's PC, with a M&K, which I haven't touched in YEARS, and I can tell you from personal experience that is a TREMENDOUS advantage in aiming. StoneMountain admitted that it took a lot of tweaking the XIM's (and game's) settings to get the mouse to feel "right", but he did it, and then proceeded to get almost TWENTY kills in a single match. I don't care how much time someone has playing the PC version of PUBG, getting that many kills with a controller would have been (and STILL is, in my opinion) magnificently difficult, so, to me, that is an extremely clear indicator that using M&K on XBox is certainly an unfair advantage.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Delboytrotter said:

People are , yes.   There's a million posts on the subject in this very forum (hint - the search tool at the top is handy)

M&K users are not suddenly invincible death machines, they get shot as easily as the rest of us, they have a slight aiming/turning advantage but that's about it -  the whole subject has been run dry by now

Saying it’s a slight advantage is misleading. A mouse and keyboard is the equivalent to somone playing pub g on a Nintendo wii all you have to do is point and shoot pretty lame way of doings things.... I’m pulling a trigger to shoot a gun and aim with both my body and head movement using two joysticks while you sit there pointing where ever you please while barely clicking on super sensitive button. Don’t even try saying the two are even close to being the same. 

Edited by Thoroughdeath
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I have already completely debunked your recoil argument.

I have already completely debunked your assumption that people only use a XIM on the console to gain an advantage over others.

Just because the answers don't fit your narrative and you don't like them, makes them no less true.

So keep on whining as I can only hope I am the reason for your next rant of how someone hit some impossible shot that can't be done with a controller, so it must be a KB+M user. Hopefully on that shot, I am on one of the other 3 xBoxes in the house that I use a controller on. Poor baby!

You didn't debunk anything.  The recoil on the M16 on burst is ridiculous.  I am constantly watching streamers that handle the recoil very easily on burst.  You simply can't do that with a controller.  It is different contrary to your skewed belief.   

Oh, so you have a Xim but don't use it?  OK.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MnkyLvrrr said:

so to write off his double-digit kills within the first few hours of playing as "not a M&K advantage" is a bit irresponsible and naive.

So is assuming just because he is playing with an emulator AND assuming it gives a 1:1 ratio like the PC.

2 minutes ago, DemIsE4 said:

You simply can't do that with a controller.  It is different contrary to your skewed belief.

Yes I did and I think you mean, someone like you can't do it so therefore it must be impossible. Go test the damn gun yourself and then maybe during that process you will teach yourself how to control it with a controller just as I and many others have.

2 minutes ago, DemIsE4 said:

Oh, so you have a Xim but don't use it?  OK.

You clearly have a comprehension problem. Yes, I have a XIM and I mostly use it. However, it is connected to my xBox at a desk in my basement. When I just feel like hopping on or when others may be around that want to watch/play as well then I will get on the one in the living room connected to the 65" or the one in the home theater room connected to a 100" or if I am feeling like playing in bed, I will sit there and play it and each of them only have a controller.

So yes, yet again you display your shear stupidity in making assumptions based on your limited knowledge and experience and then apply that across the board as fact.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

they have a slight aiming/turning advantage but that's about it -

Two of the most important things that keep this game on an even playing field and they're just ruining it for their own weird personal pleasures. 

• Like 1

Slight would be if the said person doesn't have a muscle memory built up for mice but I think a lot of people are forgetting its 2018 and a lot of people use mice on a daily basis. Game and normal use aren't really that far apart as for muscle memory, ones a cross-hair and ones an arrow. Not that different. The advantage varies for the person. People who use mouses more will have a better advantage, those that don't will get a slight one. I use a controller and hate K&M users but I wouldn't doubt if I used one I would get a pretty big advantage as I have a solid muscle memory for them.

31 minutes ago, Skippy said:

So is assuming just because he is playing with an emulator AND assuming it gives a 1:1 ratio like the PC.

At no point did I say I was assuming the XIM behaves exactly like native M&K; in fact, I know it does not, AND, StoneMountain confirmed that by reporting it took a LOT of tweaking the settings to get the XIM to feel "right" like a native mouse (which I actually mentioned in my post). So, I'm well aware that plugging in a XIM does not give you as precise control as PC, but it's damn close, and certainly gives someone much better aiming control over a controller.

I won't argue that looting is easier, because it most definitely is not; in fact, I'd say it's actually more difficult using a XIM, but we're discussing aiming with a mouse, and I really don't understand how someone could argue that using a mouse is almost equivalent to a controller. That's ridiculous, to be honest.

Edited by MnkyLvrrr
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MnkyLvrrr said:

At no point did I say I was assuming the XIM behaves exactly like native M&K; in fact, I know it does not, AND, StoneMountain confirmed that by reporting it took a LOT of tweaking the settings to get the XIM to feel "right" like a native mouse (which I actually mentioned in my post). So, I'm well aware that plugging in a XIM does not give you as precise control as PC, but it's damn close, and certainly gives someone much better aiming control over a controller.

I won't argue that looting is easier, because it most definitely is not; in fact, I'd say it's actually more difficult using a XIM, but we're discussing aiming with a mouse, and I really don't understand how someone could argue that using a mouse is almost equivalent to a controller. That's ridiculous, to be honest.

I am convinced that they argue that it is not easier because they dont want anything to ever be done about it ... or they want to justify their own sins.

he acts like i have never used a emulator yet he would be wrong, I have gone over to a buddies house cause his kid had one.

in under 5 games I can tell how much easier aiming is. the other control are clunky. but aiming and getting kills was much easier. I played about 2 hours .. no wins but i was simply jumping into pochinki or military base and going for kills. after a few games i was getting 2-3 times as many kills as normal. and with less ammo being used.

this is not rocket science.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Yes I did and I think you mean, someone like you can't do it so therefore it must be impossible. Go test the damn gun yourself and then maybe during that process you will teach yourself how to control it with a controller just as I and many others have.

You clearly have a comprehension problem. Yes, I have a XIM and I mostly use it. However, it is connected to my xBox at a desk in my basement. When I just feel like hopping on or when others may be around that want to watch/play as well then I will get on the one in the living room connected to the 65" or the one in the home theater room connected to a 100" or if I am feeling like playing in bed, I will sit there and play it and each of them only have a controller.

So yes, yet again you display your shear stupidity in making assumptions based on your limited knowledge and experience and then apply that across the board as fact.

You can continue to try to insult my intelligence.  I am not the one that needs a cheating device to play an online video game.  Tremendous role model you must be.  I can't compete with a stock controller so I need to buy an emulator to have an advantage.  

22 hours ago, Reezy86 said:

Honestly it all comes down to reaction time and skill. You can tell when someone is using an M&K (how quick they turn on you, etc) but the advantage isn't that drastic TBH IMO

Sorry but that statement is total BS.

People run straight 10's in their sensitivity settings with 0 AA.

My general sensitivity is 6, w/ 4 AA..i can spin on a dime.... Elite controller

Anyone defending it's use or saying it's a slight advantage are probably users... Its BS, the entire reason cross platform hasn't happened is because of the advantage M&K has over controller, as they've already tried it  and the controller didn't stand a chance, and the MS dropped it after that failed experiment... 

keyboard is far superior for FPS games, as the mouse is designed for pinpoint accuracy and ease of use in navigating a desktop. The Keyboard gives you multiple keybindings, much faster lean, strafing, crouch and prone because you can setup them up right next to your five fingers which can all be used instead of just a thumb and index fingers. You can strafe left and right by using two fingers instead of one thumb. Then factor in that if you press the strafe with either two fingers, it's instantly full acceleration opposed to a thumb having to move across from left to right which is much slower.

Honestly, K&M users have no skill at FPS on console... anyone can master it, because if you can navigate fast on a desktop with a mouse, you can aim on FPS. As soon as you master using the keyboard with one hand while using the mouse, it's the easiest way to play an FPS by far, and shouldn't be allowed on console because 97% of the player base use a controller- which is what is meant to be used on the casual gamer's system.

Edited by Smokey01
  • Like 3

thousands are. Go check out the Xim4/Keymander/CronusMax and more forums. It's pretty insane the amount of ppl using them. 

• Like 1

Smokey, you clearly do not have an understanding of what a keyboard/mouse emulator does on an xBox.

Though I agree games that are designed for a keyboard and mouse are better served by using said devices, especially on a PC. However that is not how it translates over with an emulator. The link you provided had PC players with true keyboard and mouse support playing on a PC going against players on a console with controllers. Not close to the same thing as what is being discussed here. Put those same console players on a PC with controllers or the same mouse players on a console with an emulator and I would be willing to bet the difference between them was blurred significantly. 

Games on the xBox currently are not designed to work with a keyboard and mouse and an emulator for the most part can't do anything not designed in the game for the console. They are still 100% limited by the design of that game for controllers as all they do is "emulated" a controller through keyboard and mouse functions. For example, I can't turn faster than what is designed in the game and attempting to do so is very counter productive. Also I can't assign lean or separate out multi function buttons (example: hit X to use, hold X to reload) to dedicated buttons outside of what the developer has assigned it to on the controller. I could assign the X button to different keys, but that is also counter intuitive. There are questionable emulators out there that allow you to do things they shouldn't like create macros so one key press will do multiple things (example: drop shot) but the one I use does not do that as they consider that cheating, and I would agree. Even with mouse movement, though you will hear a lot of whining about it being more accurate and having better control than a controller, it really is not that simple. Am I better with a keyboard and mouse over a controller on the xBox? Yes, by a hair, but I have used a KB+M in games for decades at this point and don't use a controller nearly as often thus I have trained myself on them. If there was a way to get full 1:1 correlation between the emulated stick movement with the mouse then I would expect my KB+M use over a controller would be better than a hair. However, that is not truly possible for a few different reasons, especially in this game at the moment. At best you have people that spend hours upon hours trying to get it as close as possible to that 1:1 feel so when you aim it goes where you tell it. However, I can tell you after decades of KB+M  use on a PC and for years on xBox that the quick 180 or snap right on target is not even close to the same as it is on a PC. Trained controller users can do it just as easy and they can do it without accidentally moving to fast and doing a 20 degree movement instead of a 180 as you can with an emulator.

Some here will have you believe that emulators make you some magical aim fairy that can snap on someones head 300 yards away with iron sights and a full auto weapon and get 3 head shots in a row and that we only use emulators for that "cheating" purpose. In their small minds they can't comprehend that people use them for any other reason besides "to get an edge and cheat". They can't except that there are people better than them and insist that they are constantly killed by emulator users when they probably have less than a 5% chance of that happening. If they win the fight, it was another controller user. If they lose, it has to be an emulator.

People will form their own opinions and continue to post false information based on "knowledge" they have acquired through assumptions and other false statements made by some. I personally am not defending anything as I really don't care what they think and will continue to use the XIM which allows me to use the controller device of my choice in the games of my choice. I just want to make sure the truth and correct information is out there from someone that actually uses both devices and has for years. Whether they like that or not isn't a concern of mine.

• Confused 1

This is something until recently that I was unaware of. I am 35 yrs old. Lived in the days of atari, had an original Nintendo, a super, a Sega genesis, Sega saturn, n 64, original playstation, ps2, xbox 360, xbox one, xbox one x. etc.... I could go on on on. I been playing since I was 4 on one system or another hell alot of people reading this woulda like me played Oregon trail or wolfenstein on computers in the 80's. Last 3 or 4 months I ran into a number of people where I just couldn't believe their precision especially the speed that it was done. There were 2 players(diff. Matches) in siege that were moving at mach speeds with pin point accuracy. I recall thinking at the time I played them "damn they play like a solid pc player". Then back about a month and half ago I started playing pubg. Alot of the gunfights I lost super fast when I started I chalked up to people being better and or having more experience than me. Now that I have put in literally days and days worth of playing I can tell when someone is most likely using a m&kb. Once I had started suspecting it I started researching if it was possible. Then of course I came across the xim as the top dog for this area for lack of a better word. My comment to the people saying there's not many people using them is take a look at xim's Web page and distributers they are back ordered and have been for months apparently. That alone is proof that there are possibly hundreds of thousands using m&kb on xbox and ps and I would say that # is low. Secondly those who say it's not a big advantage are talking out their rear ends or are actual users of it and don't want it banned. I have a gaming pc aswell but I choose to play console because of friends and it's what I like but diwing on pubg by someone who is clearly using xim or another device is becoming so frequent I'm to the point where I want devs. And people at the top to say for sure this is gonna be banned or its gonna be allowed, because honestly if it's not gonna be addressed and soon then I'm setting my gears elite controller to the side and buying a xim just so I atleast have a level playing field with the other players.it's not what I wanna do its either that or quit playing pubg atleast. Even if only 20 people out of the 100 in a match are using this setup you can guarantee that atleast 3-5 will be in the top 10 and if your using a controller your a under dog.

• Like 5