Shauny Boy

Mouse and keyboard on xbox??

4 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

also know that in this conversation we are using the term "emulators" much different than you may know the definition. it wasn't until you cams along that I thought of this little possible confusion here:

Ok so normally when you hear or talk about an "emulator" in gaming, you are hearing about playing old school nintendo games on the pc for example. because the pc is running software what emulates a virtual machine/ console , the Nintendo in this case and plays downloaded copies . and you can hook up some enthusiast made usb nintendo controller or skip it an control the Nintendo games with your mouse and keyboard.  

right? that is absolutely not what's happening here ok the xbox at all. we say emulator/adapter or "xim" interchangeably  as a 3rd party device that allows you to use a mnk on your console. and the emulator is bound to the look mechanics set by the devs on console. it doesn't change the rules or hacks anything. it lets you control the controller with the mnk. which in turn controls the game obviously.  get it?

I know how it works - I know what emulation is, I'm a software developer by profession.

The emulator is bound by the mechanics yes, but there are two variables you are forgetting about:

1. You don't play your console games on the maximum aim settings or you end up looking at floors/ceilings/sky/missing every shot

2. You are using a thumb to move a tiny stick vs your whole arm to move a mouse

We could even just base this on the fact that the margin of error for thumbs is much larger than your whole arm/wrist - forgetting the sens settings. Even with the same sens settings you are much more accurate on a mouse.

1 minute ago, Charleh said:

Use your brain and think about what you just said... It doesn't matter how many buttons you have on pad, most people use 1 thumb to press the YBXA buttons and two fingers for the triggers meaning you:

* Can't press the ybxa buttons while you are aiming

* Cant press a shoulder button while ads without using your middle finger for the trigger (hold breath with type b controls). Most people pull a trigger with their index finger

this is why scuff and elite controllers where invented. and they provide exactly the advantages you site here. paddles on the back so you can keep your thumbs on the sticks. I'm glad you see that as an advantage over a standard controler, because it is.

4 minutes ago, Charleh said:

So you play all your console games on max sensitivity settings? 

If not then you are losing out vs any mouse player since they will be able to turn faster than you.

I didn't invent the thing so I can't get technical for you here but that is essentially for calibration.  it doesn't mean that's the sensitivity the user is looking or aiming at. it's a maximum potential, but just like a controler that maximum sensitivity is almost never set. it's set much lower than that.

the turn speeds are never changed, the emulator can only do what a controller can do. because that's what it's doing: it's controlling the controler.

9 minutes ago, Charleh said:

I'm sure I can think of a lot more examples but the best controller player shouted during a ranked siege game at my mate who was using a m+k "I can't do all those things at once on a pad I don't have enough buttons"

again. elite controlers with custom button mapping. welcome to modern gaming

2 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

this is why scuff and elite controllers where invented. and they provide exactly the advantages you site here. paddles on the back so you can keep your thumbs on the sticks. I'm glad you see that as an advantage over a standard controler, because it is.

I didn't invent the thing so I can't get technical for you here but that is essentially for calibration.  it doesn't mean that's the sensitivity the user is looking or aiming at. it's a maximum potential, but just like a controler that maximum sensitivity is almost never set. it's set much lower than that.

the turn speeds are never changed, the emulator can only do what a controller can do. because that's what it's doing: it's controlling the controler.

again. elite controlers with custom button mapping. welcome to modern gaming

I can just keep linking you to videos of the same person playing the same game with a clear advantage using the Xim:

I'm not sure what your argument is - are you saying that a Xim/mouse is the same as a controller?

Edited by Charleh

3 minutes ago, Charleh said:

2. You are using a thumb to move a tiny stick vs your whole arm to move a mouse

here in lies the one correct thing you have said the entire time. problem is. it's still limited to the parameters set by the game. it's full potential you seem to think it has is not realized. on top of that, who is better with what control is very subjective, i.personally think it's the better tool for the job but that doesn't make it true for everyone 

26 minutes ago, Charleh said:

Have you used m+k on console?

What are the differences?

Yes I have. First off you can not turn any faster than you can on controller. The console has a turn speed limit. Second because you're using an emulator, you deal with more input lag. Another thing is the aiming is not linear due to turn speed. Move the mouse to fast and it actually causes you're movement to slow down. Looting is no different than on controller. You can not bind hot keys to any function like you can on PC. Emulator causes jitters with the aim which makes small precise movements difficult. I actually ended up going to an Elite controller because I didn't like the mouse at all.

People have a very different understanding about mnk on console. They believe it's like pc and it will give you a godly advantage.and I used to believe that as well until I actually used mnk.

11 minutes ago, Charleh said:

I can just keep linking you to videos of the same person playing the same game with a clear advantage using the Xim:

I'm not sure what your argument is - are you saying that a Xim/mouse is the same as a controller?

oh no. a controller is a controller.  and a mnk is a mnk. two different input methods

did you even watch that video? he was doing friggen awesome with the controller.  had that not been labeled you nor I could tell the difference. I know the difference you see. it's the higher sensitivity... a sensitivity the controler can be set to as well. and judging by the players skill. he could run it just as well

Edited by fUll951

1 minute ago, showtime987 said:

Yes I have. First off you can not turn any faster than you can on controller. The console has a turn speed limit. Second because you're using an emulator, you deal with more input lag. Another thing is the aiming is not linear due to turn speed. Move the mouse to fast and it actually causes you're movement to slow down. Looting is no different than on controller. You can not bind hot keys to any function like you can on PC. Emulator causes jitters with the aim which makes small precise movements difficult. I actually ended up going to an Elite controller because I didn't like the mouse at all.

People have a very different understanding about mnk on console. They believe it's like pc and it will give you a godly advantage.and I used to believe that as well until I actually used mnk.

Same issues my friend said when he tried to play pubg, not a problem on other games where the input is decent and frames are higher like siege.

Like I said before, when the game is better optimised the mouse will become more effective. 

I'm not saying that the Xim is the be all/end all right now, but I'm saying mouse and keyboard is a superior input method for accuracy/speed, something that will become a bigger problem when official support comes out and there's no emulation layer.

This guy doesn't seem to have any problems with jitter/turn speed, look how quick his awm shots are.

Look how accurate his tracking is. 

Advantage.

25 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

oh no. a controller is a controller.  and a mnk is a mnk. two different input methods

did you even watch that video? he was doing friggen awesome with the controller.  had that not been labeled you nor I could tell the difference. I know the difference you see. it's the higher sensitivity... a sensitivity the controler can be set to as well. and judging by the players skill. he could run it just as well

Right, no difference?

Try playing ranked on siege vs a couple of mouse players and see how well you do.

He got crap loads of down votes, why would he get down votes if people didn't frown upon it because it's a clear advantage.

Getting the impression you have never played m+k or were pretty terrible with it.

6 minutes ago, Charleh said:

Same issues my friend said when he tried to play pubg, not a problem on other games where the input is decent and frames are higher like siege.

Like I said before, when the game is better optimised the mouse will become more effective. 

I'm not saying that the Xim is the be all/end all right now, but I'm saying mouse and keyboard is a superior input method for accuracy/speed, something that will become a bigger problem when official support comes out and there's no emulation layer.

I can't really speak about other games except battlefield 1 and yes it's much better on there but the aim.assist is strong for controllers on bf1 so not to much of an advantage there again. But we are talking about mnk on PUBG not other games. I just think it's asinine to call out a mnk player because you got owned in a gun fight. I watch xbox streamers and it's funny to see.the chat call them out for mnk use then the streamer shows the controller... just because you suck at controllers doesn't mean everyone does

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime987 said:

I can't really speak about other games except battlefield 1 and yes it's much better on there but the aim.assist is strong for controllers on bf1 so not to much of an advantage there again. But we are talking about mnk on PUBG not other games. I just think it's asinine to call out a mnk player because you got owned in a gun fight. I watch xbox streamers and it's funny to see.the chat call them out for mnk use then the streamer shows the controller... just because you suck at controllers doesn't mean everyone does

I totally agree with this, I'm happy to get shot in the face by a good controller player, my argument this whole time has simply been that m+k has a much higher potential than controller just because it's arm vs thumb.

I don't call anyone out for m+k, I'm really not bothered on console, if I wanted to get really competitive I'd play on my PC (and smash people).

Just don't have time these days, console is casual, but adding m+k support will divide the player base as the average controller player won't be happy queueing against m+k.

5 minutes ago, Charleh said:

I totally agree with this, I'm happy to get shot in the face by a good controller player, my argument this whole time has simply been that m+k has a much higher potential than controller just because it's arm vs thumb.

I don't call anyone out for m+k, I'm really not bothered on console, if I wanted to get really competitive I'd play on my PC (and smash people).

Just don't have time these days, console is casual, but adding m+k support will divide the player base as the average controller player won't be happy queueing against m+k.

Yes the aiming is more accurate in most cases on pubg with mnk, but not to the extent that most people believe it Is

Edited by showtime987

Do we really know how many players are using these devices? Let’s say it’s 3%,which is a 3 man squad a game. That would be terrible. Microsoft doesn’t seem too interested in stopping people from gaining this advantage so why waste energy on arguing with each other? They bought the equipment. They know it’s morally wrong. 

• Like 1

Just saying, when I played the mobile version, Aiming was so frikin easy just sliding my thumb around on the screen.

There are monky users on that also, but never an issue on mobile in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Charleh said:

1. You don't play your console games on the maximum aim settings or you end up looking at floors/ceilings/sky/missing every shot

Yes I do, and lots of other people do. 

I play all the battlefield games on max sensitivity which is so much higher than pubg, honestly for me pubg is way too slow.

Also I wish people would stop blaming MnK, the amount of users is low and if they focused on their own mistakes/weaknesses they would get so much better.

I hate these threads because someone always brings up the "level playing field" argument. This is a fallacy. There is no such thing as a level playing field. Most of the players on these forums will have an advantage over me seeing as I'm on the OG Xbox, using an og controller, playing on a twelve year old tv with a cheap headset. Thing is, I can still play better than most people because I've learnt from my mistakes rather than blaming everything and everyone else.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tempests Avatar said:

Yes I do, and lots of other people do. 

I play all the battlefield games on max sensitivity which is so much higher than pubg, honestly for me pubg is way too slow.

Also I wish people would stop blaming MnK, the amount of users is low and if they focused on their own mistakes/weaknesses they would get so much better.

I hate these threads because someone always brings up the "level playing field" argument. This is a fallacy. There is no such thing as a level playing field. Most of the players on these forums will have an advantage over me seeing as I'm on the OG Xbox, using an og controller, playing on a twelve year old tv with a cheap headset. Thing is, I can still play better than most people because I've learnt from my mistakes rather than blaming everything and everyone else.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, just saying that the mouse is an advantage over controller, plain and simple, no matter which platform or if it's emulated or not.

I get killed plenty by controller players, I just know I'd do a lot better with a Xim, but I don't have one because it's a moral issue for me. I feel more accomplished beating people fair and square.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Charleh said:

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, just saying that the mouse is an advantage over controller, plain and simple, no matter which platform or if it's emulated or not.

I get killed plenty by controller players, I just know I'd do a lot better with a Xim, but I don't have one because it's a moral issue for me. I feel more accomplished beating people fair and square.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/25/17500298/microsoft-xbox-one-keyboard-mouse-support-razer-chroma

Morals or not this is coming.

5 minutes ago, SezualCH0ch1ate said:

If it does come and Pubg supports it, then yes u are correct 

It's not a matter of IF but rather WHEN. We need to accept this and deal with it.

• RIP 1

14 minutes ago, SezualCH0ch1ate said:

If it does come and Pubg supports it, then yes u are correct 

7 minutes ago, sourlemons said:

It's not a matter of IF but rather WHEN. We need to accept this and deal with it.

It's whether they will leave everyone, regardless of controller, in the same matchmaking pool. If they separate the M&K from the controllers then it's not going to make any difference. If they allow everyone to play together then it will destroy the game for controller players. Native M&K is going to annihilate controllers.

Is this confirmed by the way? Or is it like the Elite Mk2, which hasn't materialised?

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 3

It’s just a rumor for now. If it does go through, why would anyone need an Xbox? The emulators should already be in a separate matchmaking que! The issue wouldn’t exist. Atleast until it’s another loophole that people will find and take advantage of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

It's whether they will leave everyone, regardless of controller, in the same matchmaking pool. If they separate the M&K from the controllers then it's not going to make any difference. If they allow everyone to play together then it will destroy the game for controller players. Native M&K is going to annihilate controllers.

Is this confirmed by the way? Or is it like the Elite Mk2, which hasn't materialised?

48 minutes ago, SezualCH0ch1ate said:

It’s just a rumor for now. If it does go through, why would anyone need an Xbox? The emulators should already be in a separate matchmaking que! The issue wouldn’t exist. Atleast until it’s another loophole that people will find and take advantage of it.

35 minutes ago, Charleh said:

Oh I've not got a problem with using m+k if it's officially supported.

I'll be laughing.

I'm not a representative from Microsoft so I will never claim anything with 100% certainty. But this is something that's been discussed for quite some time, from the very beginnings of the Xbox One. If memory strikes me correctly the system was always envisioned to be paired with either a controller or M&K. I agree that the best solution would be for the games that do support M&K to pool M&K users together, and controller users together. Melding them both together on the same servers will lead to anarchy.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/25/rumored-full-mouse-and-keyboard-support-for-xbox-one-could-change-the-gaming-landscape/

Edited by sourlemons

On 7/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, Andymh5 said:

The Devs still have no plans to natively support keyboard and mouse for PUBG on Xbox.

Andymh5,

Is there any information you can tell us about the use of emulators and if anything will be done about it?

Edited by SezualCH0ch1ate
  • Like 1

Can this thread die? Its stupid and annoying. M&K is not an advantage, you just suck. End of story.

Edited by Pub_boom
  • RIP 2