Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokinXotic

How to Maximize Performance on Xbox?

@SmokinXotic

I had turned off my DVR/capture setting when it came out but didn't notice any changes still suffered the crashes, FPS and the other issues with this game at that time and continued to have have it off to the end of december which i decided to turn capture/dvr setting on again and it showed no difference.

if it's really the DVR/capture setting causing problems, then definitely PUBG corp and xbox will note that turning it off will help which they haven't yet.

Here is my own personal experience on OG Xbox. In order to greatly reduce the number of game crashes, and get slightly better loading performance.

Xbox Settings:

System> Backup & Transfer> Enable downloading of 4k content. (yes I know OG not capable of 4k, however I have experienced greatly reduced game crashes since doing this)

After every Patch:

Settings> Storage> Clear local save games.

Delete PUBG.

Re-install PUBG.

My Xbox usually stays on 24 hrs a day, however, after experiencing a game crash, I'll usually hold the Xbox button on the console until the Xbox shuts off, causing a complete system restart, instead of the normal faster restart from a saved state that it normally does.

Since the game is only 5 gb its not that big of a deal to re-install once a week when they patch it.

These things have brought me from crashing almost every match, to MAYBE  once every couple days. Good luck everyone.

Also, clearing up some of the games on your HDD that you aren't playing will help with performance. I keep mine at about 60% capacity or less.

10 hours ago, BigDeucci said:

Here is my own personal experience on OG Xbox. In order to greatly reduce the number of game crashes, and get slightly better loading performance.

Xbox Settings:

System> Backup & Transfer> Enable downloading of 4k content. (yes I know OG not capable of 4k, however I have experienced greatly reduced game crashes since doing this)

After every Patch:

Settings> Storage> Clear local save games.

Delete PUBG.

Re-install PUBG.

My Xbox usually stays on 24 hrs a day, however, after experiencing a game crash, I'll usually hold the Xbox button on the console until the Xbox shuts off, causing a complete system restart, instead of the normal faster restart from a saved state that it normally does.

Since the game is only 5 gb its not that big of a deal to re-install once a week when they patch it.

These things have brought me from crashing almost every match, to MAYBE  once every couple days. Good luck everyone.

Also, clearing up some of the games on your HDD that you aren't playing will help with performance. I keep mine at about 60% capacity or less.

Good info, I will try this tongiht

zero difference in lag and crashes with it on or off. just turn it back on to record any funky stuff so you can share with the devs and help fix this hot mess 

@Tn2

The problem with that argument is the auto record feature. I don't play Gears 4, but I have this same issue with Madden. For some reason every time I score a touchdown over 40 yards, the game will auto record a clip, which is extremely frustrating, especially since I can't disable the feature.

The answer I have somewhat found is when you make a capture, Xbox uploads the clip or screenshot to your feed which can eat some of your internet and cause lag/ crashing.

@SirDubstep @fUll951

They actually did mention this as a resolution the other day on their Twitter, but again I still stand behind the auto upload to Xbox Live feature as the reason behind this.

I agree with @fUll951 this shouldn't cause an issue, but some have found relief. I, on the other hand, agree that maybe you should leave it on so you can capture issues and submit them. I am going to start a separate thread on glitches/bugs captures. 

On 2/8/2018 at 11:39 AM, SmokinXotic said:

Why put the game on an external drive though?

I have an ssd I don't have to many rendering issues... my brother doesn't and his building take 20 seconds to a minute to render in