Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RevBeard

Hit points

Can anyone explain the whole hit points thing? I know that point values that should total up for a kill vary between solo, duo and squad at 20, 15 and 10 points respectively. My question is more around when I get in a fight on sqaud, only shoot one guy, get killed without knocking anyone,  and then have 10 or 11 hit points. How does that happen? 10 points should equal one kill/knock on squad.

So getting hit points and kill points are different things. The add up with your placement points to create the score you get for that round. Kill points will always be 20,15 and 10 like you stated but hit points are how much damg you are putting on a target. Say a person has 100 hit points. You got 11 hit points in the final screen because you dropped their health to 89 points.

3 hours ago, Shomiehawn said:

So getting hit points and kill points are different things. The add up with your placement points to create the score you get for that round. Kill points will always be 20,15 and 10 like you stated but hit points are how much damg you are putting on a target. Say a person has 100 hit points. You got 11 hit points in the final screen because you dropped their health to 89 points.

This is wrong. From multiple games I have worked out the hit points should show up as 15 for a kill on a full health enemy. It doesn't always work like that, have killed people with certain weapons and got 0 hitpoints and occasionally got more but 15 hitpoints is approximately 100% of a players health

57 minutes ago, Tempests Avatar said:

This is wrong. From multiple games I have worked out the hit points should show up as 15 for a kill on a full health enemy. It doesn't always work like that, have killed people with certain weapons and got 0 hitpoints and occasionally got more but 15 hitpoints is approximately 100% of a players health

From what I've worked out in game if I get the kill on the person it only shows as kill points and no hit points. But if I hit them and get no kill on them then it shows hit points for the damage incurred.

It may just be faulty detection throwing me off but that why I see hit points and kill points as two different objectives.

I would have to do more testing but that's why I figured I was getting 0 hit points when I have kill in the game.

So after some research on the forums and reddit it looks like this is the case:

Kill points are 20 points in solo and move to 15 and 10 in squads.

Hit points are 1 point for every 5 damage you do.

So in solo you should be getting 20 KP for a kill and 20 HP for a kill being as 100 / 5 = 20 if you are the only one doing damage.

I'm not sure if this scales with squads and solo but it looks like hit points are always 1 point for every 5 damage.

so in 4 man squad if you kill someone with no one helping you should get 10 KP and 20 HP.

2 hours ago, Shomiehawn said:

So after some research on the forums and reddit it looks like this is the case:

Kill points are 20 points in solo and move to 15 and 10 in squads.

Hit points are 1 point for every 5 damage you do.

So in solo you should be getting 20 KP for a kill and 20 HP for a kill being as 100 / 5 = 20 if you are the only one doing damage.

I'm not sure if this scales with squads and solo but it looks like hit points are always 1 point for every 5 damage.

so in 4 man squad if you kill someone with no one helping you should get 10 KP and 20 HP.

The hit points would make more sense if that was the case but multiple times I have killed individuals with full health (just landed, no fall damage) and been killed before getting another shot and got 15 hit points. It is probably just the buggy game though

Thanks for all the feedback. I've been struggling to figure out how these are connected. I try to take the data the game gives me to help learn from my mistakes. With all of the hit detection issues, ive been trying to use hit points to understand how accurate i am in game. However, it seems very inconsistent for me.