Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriviaJockey

Need some advice on sensitivity settings

I have found that my ability to aim when NOT using the sights has been hampered because the crosshairs move around too fast.  In other words, aiming with the right stick is a challenge for me because the crosshairs move too fast, blows past my target when I move it from right to left (or vice versa).

So, obviously, I reduced the sensitivity for "General Sensitivity", "Targeting Sensitivity" and "Aim Sensitivity" (or whatever the one at the very bottom of the menu is called).  Like down to 2.

Well, that drastically reduced the movement speed when using the sights of my weapons, but has done nothing I can see with just general right stick movement speed, i.e. look speed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to reduce the movement speed of the right stick when not using sights/zoomed in?  And what's the difference between "Targeting Sensitivity" and "Aim Sensitivity"?

Thanks in advance, as always.

Question sounds like you're confused on what the sensitivity settings are linked to

General = free look (i.e. when you're running around doing whatever)

Vehicle = speaks for itself

targeting = non ads aiming (hold left trigger in type A and hold left bumper in type B)

Scoping = ads

2x = 2x scope

4x = 4x scope 

8x = 8x scope

15x = 15x scope

so you can have fast "looking" sensitivity with high general sensitivity and slow aiming sensitivity with low targeting/scoping/etc sensitivity

The general sensitivity is what you want to lower, though I’d also recommend putting the deadzone and aim acceleration to 0 as well. The lower AA will create the most gradual acceleration over time when the right stick is at full left/right position.

You might have to up your other sensitivities after lowering the DZ and AA. Setting the AA to 10 causes the acceleration to be at max speed right off the bat, making it seem nonexistent. This will cause you to need the other aiming sensitivities much lower.

I have my DZ and AA to 0. Gen/aiming at 4, and the scoping from 4 down to 1for the longest scope.

Try it out for a few games before changing it too often.

Hope this helps

I found that adjusting dead zone helped me greatly, 0 wasn’t good either, I sit at around 32 dead zone for my controller and it feels amazing, general sensitivity at 6. My aim is bang on point. 

9 hours ago, Wymag ZA said:

I found that adjusting dead zone helped me greatly, 0 wasn’t good either, I sit at around 32 dead zone for my controller and it feels amazing, general sensitivity at 6. My aim is bang on point. 

You understand deadzone is a setting that controls how far you need to push the analog stick before ANY movement is registered? The higher the number, the further you have to push it just to get it to move. Its meant for old analog sticks that drift and even then at most you need is 10 

10 hours ago, Imma Kite said:

You understand deadzone is a setting that controls how far you need to push the analog stick before ANY movement is registered? The higher the number, the further you have to push it just to get it to move. Its meant for old analog sticks that drift and even then at most you need is 10 

Yeah I for some reason got a lot of stick drift on my right stick, this resulted in me being unable to track targets properly, using X1X controller.

besides that, it seems to only be this game where I have major stick drift. Sensitivity really need to be looked at and worked on.

3 hours ago, Wymag ZA said:

Yeah I for some reason got a lot of stick drift on my right stick, this resulted in me being unable to track targets properly, using X1X controller.

besides that, it seems to only be this game where I have major stick drift. Sensitivity really need to be looked at and worked on.

That's nuts. To think a newer controller wouldn't have that problem huj

15 hours ago, Imma Kite said:

Maybe you care to share your settings @Imma Kite? How about @GlockuFy ?

Anyone using M&K..hmmm? >:(

19 minutes ago, Misl3ad said:

Maybe you care to share your settings @Imma Kite? How about @GlockuFy ?

Anyone using M&K..hmmm? >:(

Currently I am using this:

Spoiler

cd4c665b-f198-468c-ba39-6ebac221a32b.PNG

But I started out using this to adjust to the high sensitivity.

Spoiler

c32ead63-621b-4311-8a12-37bd321eae22.PNG

Generally speaking, you should be using the highest sensitivity possible that you are comfortable with. It is also a preference thing. Some players would rather take the extra second to line up the cross hair. I want to be there in .5 seconds. Get what I mean? Technically it makes you faster but it will kill you a lot if your not use to it. I think @GlockuFy plays as high as I do.

6 hours ago, Imma Kite said:

That's nuts. To think a newer controller wouldn't have that problem huj

Maybe yeah, waiting for the new Elite controller to be announced, probably at E3.

I believe you just need to practice more. You are probably getting excited and mashing the stick all the way to the right or left and causing yourself to over turn. Try making less erratic movements when you’re in firefights and it will probably turn out better for you.