PUBG_RoboDanjal

Cheating Discussion

21 minutes ago, Vodo di Cadore said:

Hacking is out of control over the past couple of weeks. As much as I love the game, I’m starting to look for alternatives.

I’ve been playing FPP games going on 20 years, and I know there will always be cheaters.  However, there has to be a better way of minimizing the hackers and it isn’t through software—it’s through statistics.

In the past couple of weeks, I’ve encountered hackers in about 20% of my games.  

After every suspicious kill, I watch the kill cam.  Sometimes that shows the player just outsmarted me and I move on.  But when the kill cam still leaves me questioning, I watch the full replay, following the suspected hacker.

After confirming the player is obviously hacking, I look at his/her stats and what do I find?

#1 K/D ratios ranging from 2 up to 10.  Why such a disparity?  A naturally bad player using hacks becomes a good player.  A naturally good player using hacks becomes great.  And a really good player becomes unstoppable.

#2 Combat log shows they get the first hit 95% of the time in all their matches.  This means that nobody ever spots them first, running through a field or running out of a building and catches them off guard.  Or, they never get surprised by the random camper.  

#3 Consecutive chicken dinners.  Four chicken dinners in a row and back-to-back chicken dinners every day of the week?  Red flag!

PUBG has to look at the analytics to  identify potential cheaters.  Relying on software to identify cheaters has never worked, nor will it ever work because the hackers will never stop building a better mouse trap, like using a second computer to extrapolate the enemies position.

What PUBG needs to use analytics.  The data has to exist that can identify potential hackers.  And no, I’m not talking simple K/D ratios, although that’s a piece of the puzzle.  

There has to be multiple data points, when combined, can identify a player’s behavior is “different.”  

For example, last night I spectated the enemy who’s vest was destroyed and watched him go into a looted town, bypass multiple houses (where the doors were unopened), run directly into a house with open doors, proceed directly upstairs and straight into a room that had a fresh level 2 vest.  The data has to exist that indicate his movements were unnatural.  

I don’t propose I know what the data points are but off the top of my head here’s where I would start: (Remember, I’m talking about looking at the combined data points)

- Exceptionally high accuracy rate of non-compensated weapons from X distance.  

- Exceptionally high instances of getting the first hit per encounter.  

- Exceptionally high percentage of multi-kill instances per encounter.  

- Exceptionally quick rate of obtaining certain loot from the ground like second level helmet, sniper rifle, etc.  

- K/D greater than 2 (for squad play).

If PUBG can use analytics to identify hackers, then the software used to cheat becomes irrelevant.  Instead of focusing on what illegal program might be used, the focus needs to be on playing patterns.  

Players cheat to improve their stats.  So PUBG needs to focus its efforts on the analytics!  Until that happens, the high percentage of cheaters will continue to plague the game.

would be easy to implement a code for autoban kdr with more than 20 or winrate higher 50%. or some maths for irrational movement learned from database. but bluehole dont do it

On 6/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, Badbeatbill said:

I have a favorite that never got banned too!

I check in on this one from time to time, for good laughs.
I expected to see him on the roster of a pro team soon, but that has not happened either.

image.png.74216a4396265cbd77dce3bce7d4495c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jayfrog said:

It was all include in my post.

It means, the status of now will be the same after, no matter how much more they try as now.

We still have the most possible solutions out there. block of devices who could use for macro gameplay, hardware id ban,

manually check of player who got banned from the automatic system, intelligent code which can learn by time to get better.

The most Solutions who left arent to realize at this time.

Like my example below which is based on encryption, and the reason why they cant realize it.

"In theory this cannot work on current hardware, because current hardware does not directly run the encrypted code. Also unfortunate is that the entire system would have to be able to run encrypted code, otherwise any component that doesn’t can be leveraged to break the encryption. For example, if only the CPU runs encrypted code but the GPU doesn’t it would be easy to correlate which areas of encrypted code are responsible for rendering which things, etc."

https://medium.com/@Cryptography/a-solution-to-cheating-in-multiplayer-games-f9bdbebc9c3d

You are wrong.

Btw, you missed your ingame nick? Why?

They can do shitloads more, for instance, 99% of all obvious cheaters are new accounts.

They could have used a database of banned players ip.

Ofcourse many have dynamic IP, or can change ip.

But not all will, so even if only 50% still have same ip for a decent amount of time, they couyld log ip of cheaters, and when a new account is created under the same ip it should be tagged with a red flag for being high risc.

Not all banned cheaters will keep cheating, but there is quite a bunch doing this on a regular basis.

Theese guys are the problem, and they are welcome back to the shop buying a new account, then a new account.... i think you get the point.

People have insane stats, every account with over 20-25% wins in a decent amount of games played should also be flagged, yes, flagged, not banned.

But looked into.

Some can have this stats legit, most not.

There is people who have played 8000games this season alone....

It would be such an easy task for a programmer to add a script to do a search for theese different abnormal stats to catch them and not wait for them to ruin our rounds and wait for us to report them.

There is a LOT more that could be done.... quite easily.

Edited by sgt_gh0st

On 6/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, Badbeatbill said:

I have a favorite that never got banned too!

I check in on this one from time to time, for good laughs.
I expected to see him on the roster of a pro team soon, but that has not happened either.

image.png.74216a4396265cbd77dce3bce7d4495c.png

This is what frustrates me the most!  How does PUBG let this type of extreme cheating continue????

In terms of priority, when multiple people, in a short span of time, report a player for the same suspected cheat, it results in an automated temporary ban.  However, how can they not have a system in place to address players with stats that are 99.9% impossible.  

I too have a player who I continue to track that was giving a temporary ban but is playing again, despite the clear evidence he cheats.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TorrroTorrro said:

to show the problem

whats your ingamenick? lega? are you sure, this are your own stats?

try to stay in your german dreamer forum. i mean, this is your 42423424 account, on steam u banned from a lot of discussions.... dont ruin this complete thread. be nice.

wär einfach besser, wenn wir hier wenigstens ruhe hätten....

What ? im not banned on steam forums, and to be fair, to most People got a ban in the past.

We get reported by the trolls there, not by us.

Its my second account and my behaivor is always great, no reason to leave for People like you.

25 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

You are wrong.

Btw, you missed your ingame nick? Why?

They can do shitloads more, for instance, 99% of all obvious cheaters are new accounts.

They could have used a database of banned players ip.

Ofcourse many have dynamic IP, or can change ip.

But not all will, so even if only 50% still have same ip for a decent amount of time, they couyld log ip of cheaters, and when a new account is created under the same ip it should be tagged with a red flag for being high risc.

Not all banned cheaters will keep cheating, but there is quite a bunch doing this on a regular basis.

Theese guys are the problem, and they are welcome back to the shop buying a new account, then a new account.... i think you get the point.

People have insane stats, every account with over 20-25% wins in a decent amount of games played should also be flagged, yes, flagged, not banned.

But looked into.

Some can have this stats legit, most not.

There is people who have played 8000games this season alone....

It would be such an easy task for a programmer to add a script to do a search for theese different abnormal stats to catch them and not wait for them to ruin our rounds and wait for us to report them.

There is a LOT more that could be done.... quite easily.

Sry but you wish something which never would change anything…...

Your Solutions are weak compare to that what they rly had done so far.

Ip ban is worthless thats why they are use the hwid ban carefully.

But seems like you missed my point anyway.

Just say, my cheaters I meet rarely have as crass stats as the one above.

They all are getting banned very fast. 

In the end, could they do more ? Ofc and im sure there are new things in develop right now, but there is no gamechanger.

Not even a bit.

28 minutes ago, Jayfrog said:

Sry but you wish something which never would change anything…...

Your Solutions are weak compare to that what they rly had done so far.

Ip ban is worthless thats why they are use the hwid ban carefully.

But seems like you missed my point anyway.

Just say, my cheaters I meet rarely have as crass stats as the one above.

They all are getting banned very fast. 

In the end, could they do more ? Ofc and im sure there are new things in develop right now, but there is no gamechanger.

Not even a bit.

W h a t    i s    y o u r    i n g a m e    n i c k?

Just got wiped by this guy who i had temp banned just the other day, he still kicks ass with ~30ish% wins and i mean, who doesn't average like 14 kills a round? (Average, he have 20 kills in solo....)

It's getting pathetic again.

20190613043351_1.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by sgt_gh0st

Just now, sgt_gh0st said:

W h a t    i s    y o u r    i n g a m e    n i c k?

It wasnt even a bit nessecary. But fine. ;)

https://pubg.op.gg/user/I-Legatus-I

You should know by your self that winstreak are very likely in Squads.....

I also do have a good and bad weeks.

Im just objective and Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Jayfrog said:

It wasnt even a bit nessecary. But fine. ;)

https://pubg.op.gg/user/I-Legatus-I

I also do have a good and bad weeks.

Im just objective and Nothing more.

Im trying to stay objective, trust me.

Thats some nice stats, don't tell me you have 21% wins with randoms??

5 minutes ago, Jayfrog said:

Huh.... still 96 players who don't get a streak.. i don't see how that is "very likely" 🙄

8 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Im trying to stay objective, trust me.

Thats some nice stats, don't tell me you have 21% wins with randoms??

Thanks. ;)

i dont play with randoms. We are a small group of friends with mixed skill. 

16 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Huh.... still 96 players who don't get a streak.. i don't see how that is "very likely" 🙄

Ok you got me, i wasnt rly objective about that. My bad.

But for a better Player/ Team, it is. :)

I did use my own expierince and that was wrong… Many People are good but they dont even

rly try to win that much….. Agressive Gameplay 24/7...

Edited by Jayfrog

Play strategically all the way to end game to get popped through a GD mountain to a cheater.....why play this game?  What's the point?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TorrroTorrro said:

would be easy to implement a code for autoban kdr with more than 20 or winrate higher 50%. or some maths for irrational movement learned from database. but bluehole dont do it

yes aimbotters are "spottable" with software server side only and deep learning process behind like valve is doing with vacnet (140 data and patterns analysed every tick or second  I don't remember exactly, imagine more than 1800 processors working behind to detect what's wrong with the data, valve is going to double up the processor working behind ).And it's working, every guy spotted with anomaly in the data (like inhuman speed correction of the aim) go to a csgo overwatch case with viewers looking at a video of the player = no error, ban 100 % time.

But analysing an ESP, wallhack or radar hack user in another story to spot even with many data, video is needed in those cases.

And the higher level you play, the better the cheaters cheat with those kind of software.

19 minutes ago, arybow said:

yes aimbotters are "spottable" with software server side only and deep learning process behind like valve is doing with vacnet (140 data and patterns analysed every tick or second  I don't remember exactly, imagine more than 1800 processors working behind to detect what's wrong with the data, valve is going to double up the processor working behind ).And it's working, every guy spotted with anomaly in the data (like inhuman speed correction of the aim) go to a csgo overwatch case with viewers looking at a video of the player = no error, ban 100 % time.

But analysing an ESP, wallhack or radar hack user in another story to spot even with many data, video is needed in those cases.

And the higher level you play, the better the cheaters cheat with those kind of software.

PUBG also has that kind of intelligent code..

"We also recently added a system message that sends real-time alerts to players in a game if someone from the same session is banned. Whenever an abnormal gameplay pattern is detected in real-time or a user is proven to be a hacker mid game, that account will be banned as the game is still going on and announced to all other players in the kill feed."

https://www.pubg.com/2019/02/26/a-letter-from-the-anti-cheat-team/

Btw, the anticheat of csgo is still Pretty weak. Thats the result of the missing years where they did ignored that.

Take a look on the ban stats of vac. I still wait for the bans of my 7 last agressive cheater. Not a singel one was banned so far...

The most of my agressive ones of PUBG, are getting banned very quickly.

https://steamdb.info/stats/bans/

The first really better version of the Anticheat came out in December 2018.

Bevor, vac got 50k People each month. After, it got 600.000.

That Shows the diffrence very clear.

Edited by Jayfrog