PUBG_RoboDanjal

Cheating Discussion

14 hours ago, XxFairBroxX said:

I thought it was impossible too , than i have read hacking forums :)

14 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

The information is either wrong or it was misread.

In order for a players cheat to affect your system (crash etc) it would have to infect your system (install/modify something on your system). There's no other way. PubG does not have P2P connections, therefore there's no way a player can send you data.

All data (replication info) comes from the server directly.

Fairbroxx is correct. I took a look into some cheater forums, and they do in fact offer such a cheat!

On 8/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, XxFairBroxX said:

This would have sense if they do something about hack that prevents game crash when you press deathcam.Most ppl wont bother with sending videos to support.

18 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

So you're saying there's a hack that makes your game crash when you click the deathcam?

Preposterous!! The game would require Peer to Peer (P2P) connectivity in order for someone else's cheat to affect your system.

Your game is crashing do to an issue with your PC.

Doubtful, but I crashed 4 times tonight trying to watch a death cam on some very suspect kills. Absolutely nothing wrong with my hardware, have over a 1200 hours in PUBG, never experienced anything like it.

21 minutes ago, l-Griz-l said:

Doubtful, but I crashed 4 times tonight trying to watch a death cam on some very suspect kills. Absolutely nothing wrong with my hardware, have over a 1200 hours in PUBG, never experienced anything like it.

That is the game not being optimized well. I crash pretty routinely exiting replays and there is nothing wrong with my rig.

Edited by xTekx_1

New wave of cheaters it seems on EU(TPP) but you're doing a really good job banning them, I'm getting messages every morning that reported players are banned =D 

no message send to me the last days.... reported 7 cheater with unnormal high stats and no reaction......??? why?

Edited by Job

The cheaters are plotting their return. After not finding any cheater during the last one-two months, we ran into multiple cheaters in the last days using some sort of wallhack where they can see where the other players are. I guess its only their name tag and not the xray view that you can enable in the replays, but still. 

11 hours ago, Winter Coming said:

Fairbroxx is correct. I took a look into some cheater forums, and they do in fact offer such a cheat!

Marketing Text vs Technical walkthrough are two very different things. Cheat writers cannot override projectile collisions. Especially the servers copy of those collisions. Matter of factly they cannot override their own copy of the maps collision without directly editing it. In which event the map wouldn't load do to mismatch errors.

So think outside the box for a moment. The server determines if a projectile hits a player. Not your client, Not joe blows client .... The Server. The Server is also the entity that calculates damage. The Server is the authority. It determines the outcomes of events based on the information it receives from the client.

My crosshairs forward vector was X,Y,Z when I fired. HINT HINT HINT. How does the server know you fired your weapon?

1 hour ago, Necrodini said:

Cheater make a comeback with wallhack and aimbot , reported 2 cheaters and they got banned, still have 10 reports left

Call me when the cheaters season has ended

This game is ridiculous.  Every player who has killed me is using a cheat. I watch the death cam and you can see the names of everyone right on his screen, and his shots are always behind me yet it kills me.   This is BS.. when are Pub G going to do something? Not fun playing when they can see where you are and thru walls too....

43 minutes ago, Renegd98 said:

This game is ridiculous.  Every player who has killed me is using a cheat. I watch the death cam and you can see the names of everyone right on his screen, and his shots are always behind me yet it kills me.   This is BS.. when are Pub G going to do something? Not fun playing when they can see where you are and thru walls too....

That's due to the deathcam, not that the player is necessarily cheating. But i'm with you. Everyone who kills me is definitely cheating.

Edited by xTekx_1

me and 5 guys of our clan reporting cheater since days, maybe 11 now...... but no reaction, no Screen..... maybe player with kdr 19 are no cheater? System not workin looks like

On 9/1/2018 at 6:51 AM, Rev0verDrive said:

Marketing Text vs Technical walkthrough are two very different things. Cheat writers cannot override projectile collisions. Especially the servers copy of those collisions. Matter of factly they cannot override their own copy of the maps collision without directly editing it. In which event the map wouldn't load do to mismatch errors.

So think outside the box for a moment. The server determines if a projectile hits a player. Not your client, Not joe blows client .... The Server. The Server is also the entity that calculates damage. The Server is the authority. It determines the outcomes of events based on the information it receives from the client.

My crosshairs forward vector was X,Y,Z when I fired. HINT HINT HINT. How does the server know you fired your weapon?

It's just me, but could it be that when hacking/cheating occurs, the data fed to the hacked/cheated on player is in an "unexpected" sequence of game data that the client cannot parse correctly for playback in the deathcam mode which causes the crashing? It has happened to me all too many times too but I couldn't believe it myself. You seem to know a lot about UE than the rest of us here, have you experienced anything like that before in your time with UE?

2 hours ago, Delakroix said:

It's just me, but could it be that when hacking/cheating occurs, the data fed to the hacked/cheated on player is in an "unexpected" sequence of game data that the client cannot parse correctly for playback in the deathcam mode which causes the crashing? It has happened to me all too many times too but I couldn't believe it myself. You seem to know a lot about UE than the rest of us here, have you experienced anything like that before in your time with UE?

The data you receive is from the server. The server only sends you small snapshots of events the your client interpolates from frame to frame. The amount of data is limited to around 10,000 bytes per second (that includes up/downstream).

I've got a lot of years with Unreal Engine and I've never heard of anything like this happening as the result of the engine and or client-server model.

19 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

The data you receive is from the server. The server only sends you small snapshots of events the your client interpolates from frame to frame. The amount of data is limited to around 10,000 bytes per second (that includes up/downstream).

I've got a lot of years with Unreal Engine and I've never heard of anything like this happening as the result of the engine and or client-server model.

I see. That being said, it is probably just unstable code/configuration on the client side the developers can improve. It does however does not help with the cheating situation as evident here in the forums.

1 minute ago, Delakroix said:

I see. That being said, it is probably just unstable code/configuration on the client side the developers can improve. It does however does not help with the cheating situation as evident here in the forums.

Could be an issue with memory and/or writing to file. Death Cams and replays use Memory Streaming. For replays the data in memory is written to a local file as it buffers new incoming data (Memory Streamer -> Local File Streamer). Death cams use strictly whats stored in memory (Memory Streamer). So as you play, the frame data is buffered into memory. Everytime a new frame is added to memory an old frame needs to be deleted.

Say the memory buffer is 1 minute long. You can only have 1 minute buffered at any given moment in time. As you add a frame to the end of the timeline (1 minute mark) you delete the first frame of the timeline. Hope that makes sense.

FYI the Replay system is a part of Unreal Engine. Epic Games developed it.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Replay

On 8/23/2018 at 11:01 PM, Bawakuda said:

Since update #20, 2 times strange people kill me, impossible to see death cam ; PUBG crash... another kind of cheat to prevent report them !!!

Up, my mate and me killed by the same player who is very strange and we have both our game crash, impossible to see death cam and by consequence impossible to report him.

So strange, we think there is a new kind of cheat to prevent report !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bawakuda said:

Up, my mate and me killed by the same player who is very strange and we have both our game crash, impossible to see death cam and by consequence impossible to report him.

So strange, we think there is a new kind of cheat to prevent report !!!

I'm convinced this is a hack now, every suspect kill my game crashes when I open deathcam. A seemingly legit kill, check deathcam and everything is fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, l-Griz-l said:

I'm convinced this is a hack now, every suspect kill my game crashes when I open deathcam. A seemingly legit kill, check deathcam and everything is fine.

Do a check files or reinstall the game.  Run a memtest to be sure it's not accessing a portion of memory that's bad.  Update those video, sound, bios drivers as well.  Do a chkdsk /f on your Drive.  Do a malware bytes scan.  

What you're describing is not possible remotely unless your machine is completely compromised.  Then you have much larger issues to worry about then deathcam crashing.  Plus Death cam crashes have been happening for months.  Especially if you attempt to watch it more than once.

Edited by Tharkkun
  • RIP 1

Stop Bs-ing its not a hack, last night one guy killed all my squad we all crashed on deathcam. 4 diffrent rigs, 4 crashes says somethign to you?