PUBG_RoboDanjal

Cheating Discussion

Hello players,

As you’re all aware there has been lots of discussion regarding cheating on the forums.

Whilst we do allow discussion regarding cheating we do have rules regarding the posting of images, videos, and player names. 

This is our Calling Out rule, and it is a standard rule found on most official game forums. 

Calling Out

Do not publicly accuse other users/players of misconduct. Please always use proper channels for reporting users/players to us.

Reasoning for this rule:

• It is effectively showcasing the cheat which may lead to players seeking it out for their own use
  • You may be incorrect and falsely accusing a player
  • We have official reporting processes within the game and on our support website that should be used for reporting violations of the RoC
  • Threads like these, in most cases, result in multiple rule breaks with replies and require heavy moderation

This rule above is non-negotiable and will be enforced regardless of the context. 

We have seen a number of comments on the forums stating that Bluehole (We’re PUBG Corporation, by the way) are ignoring the problem/not addressing it publicly and not taking action. 

Whilst I understand that some of you are frustrated regarding cheaters in PUBG it’s not fair to say that we’re ignoring the issue and not taking action.

Below are a few of our official posts which mention improvements to anti-cheat measures and cheaters in general.

Early Access Week 3 Update

This is not a simple task, as tackling cheaters is a constant battle, but we are confident that over the coming weeks and months we can implement new measures to make it harder to cheat in the game. This week alone we closed two major holes that allowed current cheats access to the game, and as we move further through Early Access we will continue to track down and further secure the game from those that don't want to play fair.

Early Access Week 8 Update

Anti Cheat

• In order to prevent using "lag switch" to cheat, the characters will now be locked and will not be able to move, rotate and attack others when the ping exceeds a certain value
  • You will no longer be able to remove the environment foliage by revising the .ini file

Early Access Month 3 Update

We have also been working hard to tackle down cheating players. This is an ongoing battle, but one we are committed to fighting! We have banned 25,000+ users in the last 3 months, and work daily with BattlEye to add new protections and detections for cheats appearing on the market. 

Test Servers for PC 1.0 - Update #1

Regarding the use of cheats, we will be doing everything we can and use all resources available to detect and impose penalties on users who use cheats. Recently, we have implemented new measures to better identify and track their usage. We have designed reliable systems to do this more efficiently than before. 

Update On New Anti-Cheat Measures

Although we hope to bring about a safe and fair environment in PUBG as soon as possible, our battle against cheaters will not end overnight. We will continue our research and development to establish a better system for combating cheaters. We will take stronger actions to find and ban cheaters, while at the same time taking good care to not harm innocent players. 

Test Servers for PC 1.0 - Update #2

With our recent efforts to strengthen the measures, the volume of players who use cheats has been reduced by 25% overall, and the volume of malicious, extreme cheaters has been reduced by 50%. 

However, we know that this is not enough, which is why we are approaching this in multiple ways - monitoring 24 hours a day, strengthening security systems and applying additional anti-cheat solutions. Regarding other measures that our players have suggested, we are looking into a few that may be quite effective.

Our Journey From Pre-Alpha to 1.0 & Test Build Patch Notes

As we mentioned in other posts, we were not prepared for the amount of cheaters we found in our game and apologize for the obvious inconvenience they have caused to our players. And though things in this regard have now visibly improved, combating cheating, just as optimizing our game is a constant task. It never goes away and we are committed to staying vigilant, doing our best and then doing better than our best to provide you with the ultimate Battle Royale experience. 

Celebrating PC 1.0 launch

No online multiplayer game can remove all cheaters but we will continue to direct our best efforts towards reducing the number of cheaters as much as possible and maintaining a fair play environment. 

Updated User Report Process

Players, as you know, combating cheaters is one of our highest priorities at the moment and we are doing our best to reduce their numbers down to a minimum. We use a number of automatic and manual methods to continuously detect and deter cheats and their users. The in-game report function has been helping us greatly throughout this process. All the cheat reports you submit are thoroughly reviewed before any measures are taken. 

PC 1.0 Update #2

we are committed to creating a fair play environment in PUBG and are always looking for ways to decrease the amount of active cheats and their users. As part of our latest efforts in this direction, we are adding a new way to report suspected cheaters in-game. 

• Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
    • You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them

Testing Blue Zone Balance Adjustment & More

We recently discovered a new pattern of cheats in action. This week, we performed a thorough gameplay data review of 10 million players and completed analysis of tens of millions of data logs. Through this exercise, we were able to identify over 100,000 instances of the new pattern related to use of cheat and now we have confirmed that it was clearly an attempt of compromising our game. 

PC 1.0 Update #3

We will also be testing a new security (anti-cheat) measure that is still under development but we want to start gathering some data regarding it's stability and compatibility.

Whilst bearing in mind the forums rules, and the comments above, we invite you to have a discussion in this thread only regarding your opinions and thoughts on the subject matter.

As we want to ensure that topics other than just cheating are seen on the forums, threads made outside of this one, which do not break the rules, will be merged into this one. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 4

Right now, there's a HUGE issue plaguing this game, and we all have experienced it, I'm sure. Cheating.

If you're like me, you probably play PUBG and end up with cheaters in your game. Personally, I don't know if it's through bad luck, or if there is that many, I end up with a cheater who kills me in at least 1/3 games. A big reason, is because of PUBG, Chinese users now making up a whopping 56% of Steam's playerbase. And because that popularity, combined with the sellable loot, and the (sorry to say) crappy economy of China where boosting points on a game can be more profitable than a minimum wage job, we end up with a LOT of cheaters. Suffice to say, I don't have the data to prove it, but from mine, and all of my friend's experiences playing the game, as well as forum posts, they're mostly Chinese. The reason for specifying this is important later.

The issue here, is that the cheaters ARE NOT being dealt with, they've been running rampant for months now minus one large ban wave that stopped them for a total of two weeks. This has caused a multitude of my own friends to stop playing the game frequently, and I can easily see this game starting to die off if nothing is done about it. Devs, I don't know how often you read random forum posts, but hopefully you read this one. FIX YOUR GAME. Otherwise you're going to lose the profit you're making off it once people start quitting, and I assume that's pretty important to you considering the sellable loot.

The solution: There's a few ways to go about it, I'll list them in order of most effective, to least effective.

1) Get rid of tradeable loot. - Without a way to make profit off the game, cheaters will drop the game by droves. Sorry to say, but less people will drop the game cause of having no profitable loot, than because of cheaters.

2) Region lock Chinese players. - As stated before from my own and from several other's observations, usually by looking at the username's and or hearing their voice chat, most cheaters are Chinese. This goes back to earlier, as I said, boosting in a game like this makes similar, or more profit, than a minimum wage job in some countries. Runescape had a similar issue with this and Venezuelan players. Of course, not all cheaters are Chinese, but this'll clean up a lot of the mess, so that the next point, #3 is more easily achieved. Or, you can region lock all players, minus if they're in a duo/squad with someone in a different region.

3) Get heavy with the bans. - This is the less effective, since it takes time and resources, but it's simple. This is made a lot easier too, if you were to implement #2 along with it. Start checking any cheating reports, and ban immediately if evidence is found. Permanent IP ban. The only way to get rid of cheaters with this method, is to go heavy handed and be on top of it, so that buying the game over and over becomes more costly than they make in profits.

4) Titanfall route. - Titanfall was worried about cheaters not being able to play, for some reason. So instead of heavy bans, they decided to stick marked cheaters into lobbies with other cheaters. This would probably achieved via a system that triggers after X amount of cheating reports (Probably 2-4), where someone then checks if the person has cheated, and then marks them. This wouldn't be effective, due to the 100 player lobby nature of the game, and it takes as much time/resources as #3.

Since #1 is an option I doubt they'd ever take, they should implement #2 and #3 together, which would wipe out most of the cheaters. Let's try to get this into the developer's attentions, so that they can start taking the thoughts of their gamers seriously. I doubt any of us enjoy playing against cheaters, and it's sad that such a fun game is being ruined.Thanks for your time.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

well, i was mostly a defensive against "pubg is full of cheaters" motto.
i mostly said it is not full of cheats and i always said that i encountered cheaters very very rarely.

lately, with the implementation of Death Cam, i ve seen crazy shit. instant heals, no recoils, no sight shootings. 
especially since 10 days, my cheaters encounters increased a significant amount. 
what are developpers thinking about doing? my suggestion is make the game expensive, like blizzard does. atleast 50 euros. then the number will decrease.

if you demand, i can send you some videos, cause obviously reporting doesnt do much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • RIP 1

The deathcam is broken (no caps) and it especially does not show recoil. Even the replay, if you watch yourself, you will see this happening (or should that be not happening?). I agree completely about the other cheats that it does show clearly, like the insta-heal. I have put opened a topic under the Suggestions page to ask them to add this as an item on the report feature.

Reporting does help. I reported a guy two weeks ago and he has not been online for over a week. I tracked down his steam profile through his friend (long story) and he now has a "new friend" who has a brand new profile with only one game - PUBG. I think we all know what that means so please please please keep reporting if you are sure they are cheating. 

Edited by PUBG_Hawkinz
Removed quotation citing deleted post
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, devilgyzmo said:

THE DEATHCAM IS BROKEN. IF YOU WANNA HAVE A CLEAR VIEW WATCH THE REPLAY. THANKS

Replay system is also broken.  It's been clearly stated that both the death cam and reply system shows players having no recoil.  If their sight is moving it's them aiming with the mouse.  So right now it's impossible to determine if someone is using a no recoil cheat because everyone has none.

You can test this by watching your own replay.

2 hours ago, Tharkkun said:

Replay system is also broken.  It's been clearly stated that both the death cam and reply system shows players having no recoil.  If their sight is moving it's them aiming with the mouse.  So right now it's impossible to determine if someone is using a no recoil cheat because everyone has none.

You can test this by watching your own replay.

Don't need a replay to know someone has recoil macro when they open up a full clip at medium range and every bullet is a hit. (Edit: with SMG is dead give away)

Edited by Numpty
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Numpty said:

Don't need a replay to know someone has recoil macro when they open up a full clip at medium range and every bullet is a hit. (Edit: with SMG is dead give away)

If they have say an UMP with an angled grip and compensator there is basically no recoil.  Same with a Mini-14.  But you can't tell either way because the replay shows zero.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, K@rm@ said:

He tried to help you mate, that was a little harsh. Anyway....

The deathcam is broken (no caps) and it especially does not show recoil. Even the replay, if you watch yourself, you will see this happening (or should that be not happening?). I agree completely about the other cheats that it does show clearly, like the insta-heal. I have put opened a topic under the Suggestions page to ask them to add this as an item on the report feature.

Reporting does help. I reported a guy two weeks ago and he has not been online for over a week. I tracked down his steam profile through his friend (long story) and he now has a "new friend" who has a brand new profile with only one game - PUBG. I think we all know what that means so please please please keep reporting if you are sure they are cheating. 

Lol. Its pretty obvious the deathcam glitches aren't the cause of everyone crying about cheaters. Hint..its the cheaters. The rampant...month long..cheater spree.

• Like 3

Just heads up to all of you, it seems that a lot of obvious aimbotters with random character for names are not as common anymore, however there is overwhelming amount of cheaters who 1) Have normal nicknames 2) Don't use aimbot (or at least not all the time, and toggle it in certain situations). They are very hard to distinguish from regular players, because few seconds of kill cam doesn't give you enough information to tell that person was looking at you through walls for past 10 minutes.

I don't know what can be done about them really, their cheats are obviously not detected by anit cheat. There is no stats that can track if person is aware of you when he/she shouldn't know that you are in the area, AND there is not even an valid option to report this specific cheat. 

So cheaters caught up with all of that, and they kinda realize that they are pretty much untouchable. The only valid way to prove their cheat is to watch ENTIRE replay, where you can see that person is keeping track or avoid areas with other players that he/she shouldn't know about. Next step would be to record like 10 minutes of gameplay, and manually upload all of that on the reporting website.... and then hope that someone would actually watch all of that, and make a conclusion that the person is cheating while not trying to be obvious.

Meanwhile, the biggest sign for me that someone can be wallhacking is that those people almost always have great gear, which makes perfect sense because they can safely loot whatever place they want without disturbance or engagement, unless they choose to. 

That's about it though, because they seem to not run the aimbot, they can miss you just like normal player, and then they simply will preposition themselves to somewhere where they can finish you off later on.

TL;DR A lot of cheaters today seem to be low-key, normal name, no aimbot, wallhacks only. Watch full replay and spectate person who killed you as soon as they are in the range for the recording. A lot of them try to be smart, but if you watch them long enough, you will notice that they are paying attention to players around them that they should have no clue about.

Good luck, and I guess try to have fun out there.

• Like 5

I have been twice tonite knocked with a level 3 helm by some guy driving by SOLO in a car.  What is the reason for waiting to ban these people if you already know who they are_ this is unplayable

The bans happen in waves because cheat makers slowly make edits to their apps and see what causes a ban. By collecting as many cheaters over a given time at once, they wont know what part of their program is being detected, making the ban more effective. If you ban after every small edit a cheat maker does, they can much more easily hone their cheat app to make it much harder to detect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

I have been twice tonite knocked with a level 3 helm by some guy driving by SOLO in a car.  What is the reason for waiting to ban these people if you already know who they are_ this is unplayable

just because he ran over you in a car does not mean they were cheating. just get out of the way! and I don't think a helmet protects you from roadkills.

Edited by cheatseverywhere
  • Like 1

Hi has anyone noticed when you watch your kill cam that some players are cheating as they have marked players on their maps?

50 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

It is possible that while driving, he switched quickly to another seat, engaging you and switching back to the drivers seat.

BUT if you didn't hear any gunfire, whether suppressed or not, then damn, he probably is professor X!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CaymanWilson said:

It is possible that while driving, he switched quickly to another seat, engaging you and switching back to the drivers seat.

BUT if you didn't hear any gunfire, whether suppressed or not, then damn, he probably is professor X!

It was a single shot from a dacia going at full speed.  This happened in two seperate games.  They guy was solo driving in the first game, in the second game wonder boy was hanging out his window and one shotted both me and my partner while they drove by at max speed in a UAZ.  Instant knocked both of us.  Was a duo match.  This kinda crap has been happening all night....its fucking bad.

3 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

It was a single shot from a dacia going at full speed.  This happened in two seperate games.  They guy was solo driving in the first game, in the second game wonder boy was hanging out his window and one shotted both me and my partner while they drove by at max speed in a UAZ.  Instant knocked both of us.  Was a duo match.  This kinda crap has been happening all night....its fucking bad.

Jeez tell me about it.. I just played a game where I was in a shed, this guy taking cover by a rock in front of me? Less than 10 shots he killed 3 dudes with headshots, IN LESS THAN 5 seconds.. It's not fucked up, it's totally fucked up.. :(

5 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

I've watched streamers do this repeatedly. This isn't cheating, it's people with WWWAAAYY  too much time on their hands showing exactly what the term "practice makes perfect" means.

i know this because there were times waaaay back when in counter-strike when i would pull off some stupidly ridiculous bullshit and know for a fact i wasn't cheating. its astonishing what hand-eye coordination is capable of once it starts operating at a sub-conscience level.

• Like 2

I started noticing that if I went in a house that had already been looted that half the doors were shut. Now it could be that the last guy is just some weirdo who likes shutting random doors but there;s usually loot in these rooms just low grade stuff. See it a lot lately. Loot ESP?

• Haha 1

The ESP is filtered to show you what you want it to show you. Usually the guys who get ESP stalked, are because of the level of their gear they have on them. Try carrying around a SR suppressor and an 8x scope and see them coming to you like flies to a turd!

• Like 4

I have noticed this, I went out of my way to watch a replay of someone who I thought was cheating. I was sure nobody knew where I was. Watching it you can see the player literally ads through walls on my character from the max record distance. Same thing for other players. The cheater never actually saw others go behind walls.

Guess it's time for another 100k bans all for about 1 day of play without cheaters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numpty said:

Huh i guess that's why i try and keep 1km between me and everyone else!

Yeah good luck with that when battleye can't block an aimbot from being used

• Like 1