Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnPico

Reshade allowed? moderator or administrator

6800K (Broadwell-E) / GTX 1080 / Dual-Rank QuadChannel RAM / Game on M.2 SSD 960 Pro

FullHD / UberSampling - 120%, AA-Ultra, PP-Ultra, other settings Very Low.

Roughly speaking :

nVidia FreeStyle (Color+Details) - FPS drop more than ~10%

ReShade (AdaptiveSharpen+Clarity+ColorVibrance) - FPS drop below ~5%

Even in main menu with FreeStyle i got FPS drop from 144-Locked to unstable 115-125.

With FreeStyle while playing i loose ~10 from 100FPS, 12-15 from 120FPS.

Now I'm forced to use this shitty and slow nVidia FreeStyle.

Thanks BlueHole, or PUBG Corp, or whatever, GOOD JOB !

few patches ago when they somewhat fixed the bad already post-processing in the game i stopped using reshade.Not that's what grinds my gears tho xD Why dont you just put this stuff in the game settings so we dont need third party programs types like easy to exploit from cheat makers or buy our high end products if you want to use our filters style programs :) and last but not the least!that nvidia freestyle filter really does wonders with your game!levels above that puny reshader!just work with them to implement it in the finished product :D peace

No.

Turn your post processing to Medium.

Turn on Digital Vibrance if you have Nvidia.

Edit your display's contrast/saturation if you have AMD.

Personally, I've found having my GPU software do the AA as opposed to the game, has looked and performed better.

1 hour ago, Earanak said:

So Bluehole is supposed to just let a known cheat from this program keep happening to appease people so they can use a 3rd party program?

1 час назад, xTekx_1 сказал:

So Bluehole is supposed to just let a known cheat from this program keep happening to appease people so they can use a 3rd party program?

No, reshade files are located in the game directory, they can just scan them to see if there's any shader with magnification active.
The second reason - not every one use forums, actually I don't think that even 1% of user base read forums.
But many of them watch videos, the saw guides that was created long ago when reshade was acceptable.
And you say they should just silently ban all of those who installed reshade long ago and don't read forums?

3 hours ago, Earanak said:

6800K (Broadwell-E) / GTX 1080 / Dual-Rank QuadChannel RAM / Game on M.2 SSD 960 Pro

Roughly speaking :

Even in main menu with FreeStyle i got FPS drop from 144-Locked to unstable 115-125.

Good. Blame cheaters, not PUBG

19 minutes ago, wmmorgun said:

No, reshade files are located in the game directory, they can just scan them to see if there's any shader with magnification active.
The second reason - not every one use forums, actually I don't think that even 1% of user base read forums.
But many of them watch videos, the saw guides that was created long ago when reshade was acceptable.
And you say they should just silently ban all of those who installed reshade long ago and don't read forums?

Where have they said they are going to silently ban anyone who still has the reshade files in the game directory?

Seriously use some logic mate... it was an incredibly popular mod publicly endorsed by PU himself that id guess a very large portion of their legit player base is/was using. They arent going to ban all those people. It will be blocked by battleye on startup (which was confirmed on the last page by a mod as well). Remove the files and you will be good to go.

Now they might ban all those players with the magnification shader active in their game directory but i doubt it. Its far more likely they have simply removed the Battleye whitelist for the reshade app so it wont allow you to load the game until its removed.

Naah ofc reshade is allowed. But they sure ban people for changing mouse sensitivities in the .ini file ;) Or just banning on a whim without a reason at all.

2 minutes ago, Pinko64 said:

Naah ofc reshade is allowed. But they sure ban people for changing mouse sensitivities in the .ini file ;) Or just banning on a whim without a reason at all.

They dont ban because you are tweaking the mouse, they ban because of tampering with client files.  

Do people want to fix cheaters or do they want to be able to do mods like reshade and ini tweaking? You cant  have both, obviously its been tried, and its not working. So now you are going to complain when they lock down the system?

Just now, Spinkick said:

They dont ban because you are tweaking the mouse, they ban because of tampering with client files. 

Who said anything about tweaking a mouse?

1 minute ago, Pinko64 said:

Who said anything about tweaking a mouse?

3 minutes ago, Pinko64 said:

Naah ofc reshade is allowed. But they sure ban people for changing mouse sensitivities in the .ini file ;) Or just banning on a whim without a reason at all.

You did.

1 minute ago, Spinkick said:

You did.

Can you clarify on how did my message relate to tweaking a mouse. Changing in-game sensitivities has nothing to do with tweaking a mouse.

2 minutes ago, Pinko64 said:

Can you clarify on how did my message relate to tweaking a mouse. Changing in-game sensitivities has nothing to do with tweaking a mouse.

Maybe there is a translation issue here, but arent sensitivities where you change how fast or slow your mouse controls move? 

What I'm more referring to is the complaint about getting banned for manually changing the ini file (not from within game)

Just now, Spinkick said:

Maybe there is a translation issue here, but arent sensitivities where you change how fast or slow your mouse controls move? 

Mouse controls? Game takes input from your mouse(the mouse isn't being tweaked.) and then does some functions with the listed sensitivities. So mouse isn't being tweaked at all. But anyways a million dollar "esport" game should have proper way to adjust the sensitivities. And besides it shouldn't be a huge workload to store the .ini file in binary so that it wouldn't be human readable anyways. 

But i guess you think it's fair to ban customers for playing the game with other mouse sensitivities than the game's (crappy) ui let's one choose. But no. Not for reshade even though it is clearly against the pubg code of conduct.

as a player in the early access and first stages of the PUBG I really feel disappointed by PUBG, BlueHole or whatever

the game became a cradle where the cheaters are welcome, every action they take to avoid more cheaters produce laughs in those vandals, the ping or region lock will not apply because the company is not interested, the only solution for the cheaters who play for BP is remove the market.

the cheaters who play for win at all coast, at this time cheat with other methods, the .pak files still editable and the recoil, damage and other values are vulnerable to editing, why not put the files in the server side? the solutions is very close for the PUBG but the devs are not interested in apply it, for me at this time, the game is a headache for the real supporters and customers, 20 millions of sales, the game has been declared out of early access but is a great push for christmas, this game still in early access for a long time if the devs not apply the correct solutions

1 hour ago, raz0rath said:

as a player in the early access and first stages of the PUBG I really feel disappointed by PUBG, BlueHole or whatever

the game became a cradle where the cheaters are welcome, every action they take to avoid more cheaters produce laughs in those vandals, the ping or region lock will not apply because the company is not interested, the only solution for the cheaters who play for BP is remove the market.

the cheaters who play for win at all coast, at this time cheat with other methods, the .pak files still editable and the recoil, damage and other values are vulnerable to editing, why not put the files in the server side? the solutions is very close for the PUBG but the devs are not interested in apply it, for me at this time, the game is a headache for the real supporters and customers, 20 millions of sales, the game has been declared out of early access but is a great push for christmas, this game still in early access for a long time if the devs not apply the correct solutions

Absolutely agree.

Blue Hole's concern is somewhat contradictory

5 hours ago, Pinko64 said:

Mouse controls? Game takes input from your mouse(the mouse isn't being tweaked.) and then does some functions with the listed sensitivities. So mouse isn't being tweaked at all. But anyways a million dollar "esport" game should have proper way to adjust the sensitivities. And besides it shouldn't be a huge workload to store the .ini file in binary so that it wouldn't be human readable anyways. 

But i guess you think it's fair to ban customers for playing the game with other mouse sensitivities than the game's (crappy) ui let's one choose. But no. Not for reshade even though it is clearly against the pubg code of conduct.

Change settings that all other players can change. Equal playing field. You dont need ini tweaks to get good.

10 hours ago, Earanak said:

Roughly speaking :

You do realise the Freestyle is a 'Beta' product at the moment.  I think Nvidia need to be given the same slack, seeing as how the main defence of Bluehole for a year was 'it's Early Access ya know!'  :)

The promising thing about Nvidia is they have years of expertise in their driver development and in the cycle of a driver upgrade they could, and indeed have in the past, handed gamers an extra 20+fps in a single driver update for some games.

5 hours ago, Spinkick said:

Change settings that all other players can change. Equal playing field. You dont need ini tweaks to get good.

Playing field is never equal. And it's sad that the game forces one to play with low dpi.
Yes one doesn't need .ini tweaks to get good. One doesn't necessarily need more than 640x480 monitor resolution to be good. Oh one doesn't need headphones to be good either. Or high fps / high hz monitor. 
But it's a poor decision of game makers to limit hardware potential. Currently even the fps is limited at 144(yes 144hz is pretty common in gaming monitors but they can go up to atleast 240hz nowdays). High dpi mice are not usable - but oh the fix would be easy - just fix the ui or let people change the settings via .ini file.

If you wanted equal playing field the game should sync it's tickrate with the slowest pc and let all the players suffer from the slowest one. And of course everyone should be playing with exactly same hardware. - And player should be genetically cloned of each other, too.

I simply open the game... and play. That's what they intended and that's what the majority of people will do. So stop whining that you can't gain an advantage or change the look of the game.

Not only are they right to stop people from being able to change how the game looks and responds... It also makes development of anti cheat system easier because they don't have to think or worry about exclusions from the rules. It'll also force them to make the game engine stuff better (over time) if people keep moaning about it rather than brushing the issues under the carpet.

Oh and finally... You can never get a truly even playing field, but as long as it is in the game's original code then that's as close to fair as you are going to get.

7 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

I simply open the game... and play. That's what they intended and that's what the majority of people will do. So stop whining that you can't gain an advantage or change the look of the game.

Not only are they right to stop people from being able to change how the game looks and responds... It also makes development of anti cheat system easier because they don't have to think or worry about exclusions from the rules. It'll also force them to make the game engine stuff better (over time) if people keep moaning about it rather than brushing the issues under the carpet.

Oh and finally... You can never get a truly even playing field, but as long as it is in the game's original code then that's as close to fair as you are going to get.

how about nvidia freestyle then?lets talk about people with high end pc that can use it as advantage over those who cant!have you ever tried it to see what difference it makes in the game?!?

1 hour ago, YouHateThisGame said:

how about nvidia freestyle then?lets talk about people with high end pc that can use it as advantage over those who cant!have you ever tried it to see what difference it makes in the game?!?

I'd be happy to have freestyle banned... My hope is that it will be.

12 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

i am sure that if golden players and a 8x zoom cheat pops up for nvidia, they will ban it also. but nvidia does not have those capabilities.

36 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

My understanding from what the devs wrote that Reshade will be banned because of the zoom feature, and the ability to use it to inject other cheats.  AFAIK, Nvidia Freestyle doesn't allow zooms, nor allows one to inject other hacks.  If it did, I'm pretty sure that NVidia would withdraw or rewrite the Freestyle code.  I think it's safe to assume that Nvidia has a major stake in ensuring a culture of fair gaming (although they are currently making bank on Bitcoin farmers buying up all their high end GPUs....)