Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rahtikoira

Switching between single/auto/burst

I can now usually hit people much better with single fire than when I started this game. But every time I change to auto I cannot hit anything. Even if I have time to aim someone with AR, I cannot hit them without single fire. But my friends can hit people with autofire, even from long distance. At least they can with UMP. Please I need help with auto/burst fire. I have killed few people from close range with m16 burst and it felt ok. All tips are appreciated. Also are there youtube videos what I could watch to get some feeling when and how to auto-fire?

This problem leads to situations where I lose a close range 1v1  many times because opponent uses auto and use single fire.

When engaging longer range players don't aim in third person, That basically hip firing (I Assumed you did because you didn't specify) but do however try burst firing when in auto, I've down a few players doing so, Even more than that, Optics and the weapon you are using can get you some better accuracy, A x4 UMP can down people from a good distance even when full auto against a player, It really more down to sensitivity settings as that can play a major factor in how you compensate with your analog sticks. My last tip is ADS during fights and strafe as that will help you avoid being hit 45% of the time as most players down you when you are not moving fast enough,

8 hours ago, GFYGaming said:

When engaging longer range players don't aim in third person, That basically hip firing (I Assumed you did because you didn't specify) but do however try burst firing when in auto, I've down a few players doing so, Even more than that, Optics and the weapon you are using can get you some better accuracy, A x4 UMP can down people from a good distance even when full auto against a player, It really more down to sensitivity settings as that can play a major factor in how you compensate with your analog sticks. My last tip is ADS during fights and strafe as that will help you avoid being hit 45% of the time as most players down you when you are not moving fast enough,

This^

Cqb changed drastically with the new ads setting. It it was more accurate to ads then hip fire now.

Spend more time with single fire at distance. Then get to where you can rapid fire in semi with a somewhat consistent amount of hits. I wouldn’t use full auto for anything past close to mid-range, until you get more comfortable controlling recoil.

You could sacrifice a few games practicing by shooting a concrete wall/tree at various distances. Then go check your groupings. Try it while strafing as well. The better you get at tightening your groups on a stationary target, the better your odds are at taking down moving targets at range. Though, I’d still use semi at distance, much less ammo being wasted.

I stay full auto regardless for the most part unless it’s 300+ meters. Learning to single shot in full auto will save you that 1 second to switch from single to auto if you get pushed by a blue creeper.