Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hixbot

What is Bluehole doing with cheat reports on XBOX?

There is absolutely zero cases of an xbox player being banned for cheating on PUBG.  Bluehole are actively banning on PC, but not on Xbox.   Before the picnic table cheat was patched,  hundreds or maybe thousands of players were cheating, were any of them banned?  Signs point to no, nobody was banned.

If Bluehole are not banning cheaters on xbox, then we need to be reporting them to Xbox Live Enforcement.   Bluehole needs to communicate with the xbox playerbase and tell us how to report cheaters that actually gets results.

Does it really matter ? It's in game preview state, some players are exploiting glitches to boost stats that will untimely get reset when the game goes full release, leave them find the glitches & leave BH fix them.

The banning can come once the game has it's official release.

i think they will let things like that slide until full release, with ppl exploiting these things the can work out how and why it happens..then fix it. remember this is a preview and we are testers

Preview or not its a competitive game.  I want cheaters banned so it deters others from doing the same, not because I care about my stats or their stats, but because I want to know I have a fair shot.

Yeah, me thinks something is cooking here too. Someone head shotted me while I was on a boat and heading to a air drop crate, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck from land with a 1911 and it was the only shot I heard......something is not right here.....

8 hours ago, Hixbot said:

There is absolutely zero cases of an xbox player being banned for cheating on PUBG.  Bluehole are actively banning on PC, but not on Xbox.   Before the picnic table cheat was patched,  hundreds or maybe thousands of players were cheating, were any of them banned?  Signs point to no, nobody was banned.

If Bluehole are not banning cheaters on xbox, then we need to be reporting them to Xbox Live Enforcement.   Bluehole needs to communicate with the xbox playerbase and tell us how to report cheaters that actually gets results.

Dude the game has only been out for a month and some. 

Be patient

18 hours ago, Hixbot said:

They ban by reviewing game data, not from reports.

To echo some of those above, this is a preview, basically a pay-to-play open beta.  Yes it is competitive, but it is still in beta, and an important aspect of being in such a state is bug (glitch/exploit) identification and confirmation.  Do some use it to their advantage?  Absolutely, and it is extremely frustrating.  However, banning/suspending at this point is premature considering the overall state of the game.  Once full release hits, let the banhammer drop!

I'm surprised by the responses here.  So you guys think that nobody should be punished for cheating as long as the game is in preview?

Bluehole specifically give us a method to report cheaters, but they are not acting on those reports.   If you guys are correct, why doesn't bluehole indicate the report process is for PC only?

There’s a difference between malicious cheating (using third party software to manipulate game code, most prevalent on PC) and finding an exploit in-game.

The latter, while still quite cheap, is in no way similar to the former. It’s ultimately up to the developers to gauge if/when punishments should be handed out, and to what degree.

I've reported a player for team killing, but I used the link on the forums and they reached out and told me they were looking into the matter. However I doubt anything came of it because they told me to have a video or pic if I report in the future. Unfortunately I had my dvr turned off for better frame rate though 

I agree totally that preview or not, some kind of enforcement has to be in place. I could care less about the stats but we are all here because we love gaming. I'll give an example of what happened to me yesterday. I had about 30 minutes free yesterday because I'm very busy with my job. So I sat down and thought I'd get a game in. Started squad game, landed looted for about 10 minutes with squad mates. Then I got team killed for my 8x scope and scar. This is extremely frustrating, I don't have a lot of time to play games,but when I do , I want to play and enjoy the experience. I believe that even a team kill, when purpose is to gain loot and weapons should be considered cheating. It is to get an advantage for yourself. They should start with 15-30 day ban, second offence 2-3 months,third permanent. Something like that. I'm sorry for the guys that don't agree, but my time is valuable, so when some little punk shoots me in the back like a coward,who's on my own team, ban him. That's the way it should be. For cheat codes and what not, I think ban permanently first offence. This will make the experience more enjoyable for all of us TRUE GAMERS. All of this teamkilling is easily proved with the in game pvr. I have recorded the team killer from yesterday and reported to Xbox live but they have done nothing. I think blue hole and Xbox live should definitely work on this as it is a big concern for us gamers. My opinion.