Sign in to follow this  
yasiel1

Mini-14/UMP

Mini-14 Does not have the usual Sniper UI When scoping in  with a 4x.  it instead has the  Old 4x Used for Assault Rifles

While On the other hand the UMP With a 4X does Not Have the usual Assault/SMG Scope it instead has a Sniper 4X Zoom

While i love the fact that the ump has a sniper 4x zoom i'd prefer that the Mini-14 gets the proper 4x Sniper zoom 

Edited by yasiel1

I believe the reason the Mini has the chevron style 4x is because it is used for the 5.56 weapons.  They have different velocities but they are generally pretty similar.

The 7.62 snipers have less velocity and all use the new sniper reticle.

The only weapon that doesn't really follow suit is the AWM with it's high velocity using the crosshair style scope.  Then again you don't really have to compensate much with an AWM :)

Lastly the AK, Groza and DP use the circular style scope.  

I think it's generally based on the behavior of the projectile so you can use the hash marks more effectively.  As for the UMP and Vector I think they probably just picked the most strait forward scope.