Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helsvalkyrie

People Teaming

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, SasoriSekinetsu said:

I just don't get how you'd even get into the situation of teaming up within solo on XBOX without the ability of proximity chat, I don't know if your clip is a clear cut case of teaming, I've seen people fumble around close to one another in the early stages of the game looking for decent loot & not wanting to engage because they are rubbish or have rubbish loot, the one guy you did attack didn't really look like he had a clue what he was doing & then the other one in close proximity took advantage of you attacking him & shot you.

I dunno man, I wouldn't even take the chance of trying to team with someone on xbox in solo, I either avoid or stalk to kill early on & later game it's defo kill or be killed.

In my clip you see them out in street,  player X enters house A Player Y shoots at me and then player X comes out of house A:  After 15 sec im looking from a upstairs window and see both player X and Y re enter house A:  I grab the first gun i find and head towards them.    In the final engagement as I engage one you see the other run across screen behind the other player (at the time i missed it) he then flanks me whilst im engaging the other guy. 

This whole event took place right at the beginning of a match.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:43 AM, killjoy2022 said:

Solo is every man for himself, and the majority of people play that way. There may be some teaming, however i've not encountered any. 1 man squad puts you into a regular squads game on your own, so it's you vs 24 other teams of 4 players at most.

I have encountered some teaming in solo.  Killed a driver and seen passengers.  And when they both have nothing it is obvious they are just playing for the late game top 10 and hoping to get lucky to run the last few over.  I guess after that it would be punching it out or something, not sure.

I would like to see a way to identify squads in kill cams or somehow.  We killed 3 of 4 of a squad working together.  Well, all of a sudden 2 players show up and work together on us.  We were healing and they got 2 of us.  One died instantly to our other member.  The other just went down so had a teammate somewhere.  It was obvious they were working together and not in a squad together.  And it has been a thing for some squads to team up early.  Not a lot but happens.

2 hours ago, megabangbang69 said:

teaming in solo games is a legitimate tactic - it happens on PC and is fine, also proximity chat makes it quite easy.

The game motto is "win by any means necessary" so even the people who team up have to attack each other at some point. 

I've not yet noticed it on xbox but hardly ever play solo. 

The game devs have said it's not legitimate and they discourage it.   That being said, it's very very rare on xbox.

I have played solo games where I ended up killing more than one person out of a vehicle or sat outside a building with 2+ people in it and a few minutes later have both of them shoot at me and ignore each other. 

Teaming is a pretty scummy thing to do if you are using it to win games. Sometimes it can be a really funny experience that doesnt last more than a few minutes. (Shroud and bananaman)

7 hours ago, megabangbang69 said:

teaming in solo games is a legitimate tactic - it happens on PC and is fine, also proximity chat makes it quite easy.

The game motto is "win by any means necessary" so even the people who team up have to attack each other at some point. 

It's a tactic that I myself have used in solo if I land near a bunch of ppl I'll watch and wait and if I see 2 ppl fighting I'll pick one to get the jump on. Probably looks like teaming but in reality it's me using a legit tactic.

15 hours ago, Pvt Partts227 said:

It's a tactic that I myself have used in solo if I land near a bunch of ppl I'll watch and wait and if I see 2 ppl fighting I'll pick one to get the jump on. Probably looks like teaming but in reality it's me using a legit tactic.

absolutely - "survive by any means necessary"  

Only 1 person can win, and everyone knows I would happily shoot someone in the back of the head when down to the last 5, just as I know anyone in the game would do the same to me.  

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, megabangbang69 said:

## Actually it is not a legitimate act I suggest you brush up on what is considered cheating and what is not.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, megabangbang69 said:

absolutely - "survive by any means necessary"  

Only 1 person can win, and everyone knows I would happily shoot someone in the back of the head when down to the last 5, just as I know anyone in the game would do the same to me.  

Yes you are right only one person can win SOLO  but it is SOLO and the way its played is clearly defined in the title. Anybody forming an alliance however temporary it will be is still getting an unfair advantage, 2 pairs of eyes and ears, somebody to watch you back although yes you cannot fully 100% trust them but big whoop if I had a team mate in a solo match top 10 would be dead easy Even if you don't use them as a team mate IE after a couple of looting sessions you kill him take the gear and are fully kitted out. This is still and advantage as you have had Two people looting for One for the last X number of minutes.

Since this original post I have also seen on at least two occasions people in buggies together. Now its possible one guy has done the sneaky jump into the passenger seat as the other guy drives off and the driver is unaware or now worried about a hitch hiker and if he is actually moments from getting a bullet in the head so the two people in a car may not be cheating but just the prelude to the death of a driver by a sneaky passenger. 

But please don't try and justify dodgy tactics and cheating with statements like "But the game motto is win by any means necessary" because if you take that literally then  its ok to use aim bots, mods and hacks. We all know this is not allowed and anyone who is honest with themselves will admit that if you team in a solo game your gaining an unfair advantage and are cheating.

The irony of it all is they are never fooling the opposition, we know your scum if you cheat and we assume you are crap at the game and that is why you cheat. They just fool themselves and probably there mates when they brag about leader board status.

On 1/18/2018 at 4:46 PM, Alonebehindu said:

The likeliness of being in the same lobby is about 1 in 100 ratio. 

So your saying theres a chance......

just had a blatant case of teaming by this guy on Xbox One. Was down to 7 people and i kill a guy outside a shack so i needed to heal. I open up the shack door to go in and heal and there's 2 players in there sitting face to face just chillin. This one came out of the shack and shot me after i attempted to throw a flash bang in the shack and failed miserably and flashed my own dumb ass. Either way this dude needs to get banned. I clipped the encounter but it didnt go back far enough to catch me opening the door and finding the 2 chumps cheating.

Weyland LV 223

Gamer RaceD here. You would have gotten a well thought out and articulate reply to your post had I not come to the conclusion you're just messing around with this one.