Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Yeshua

We need aim assist on console

6 minutes ago, Thesmug said:

It’s not about that. I just think the game would be more fun if I’m not fighting the controls so much. I doubt peoples rank will change much if they add aim assist. I’ve been conditioned by aim assist all these years, I just can’t see the justification for taking it away.

It was never taken away.  It's still on all those games.  A lot of us have grown out.  They may be competitive in certain things, but this game really brings your aim out.  You won't be fighting the controls as much if you pass the learning curve.

1 hour ago, Lord Yeshua said:

Here is the fact of the matter: Aiming with a controller is vastly different to the speed and precision of a keyboard & mouse. We need aim assist on console.

Almost every console shooter of quality – even the most competitive – use aim assist and other mechanics to make the gunplay feel fluid, natural, and instinctive. PUBG needs the same mechanics to be viable on console.

The hold left trigger to ADS was a step in the right direction, the next step is aim assist, a solid 30fps at all times, and instant weapon & building spawns.

Don't forget not having to punch the X button 6 times to pick up loot. This happens every time you land and someone lands with you. You can't pick up a weapon because you have to hit the button so many times. It's ridiculous. How many times do you have to bend down to pick up a single item? 

Im willing to bet that all the people who are against aim assist either use a m and k or the XIM. I played squad with random just a few minutes ago and 2 of them openly admitted to being XIM users and said they had used controllers as well and the XIM gave them a huge advantage. So either one of two things needs to happen. Either put aim assist in the game or make this game non compatible with XIM or M and K. That's the only way to give everyone a fair and equal chance. I have seen improvement sense the aim acceleration patch but M and K and the XIM have no place in this game. If you use these then you are a P@SSY

10 minutes ago, UnknownGamer said:

Don't forget not having to punch the X button 6 times to pick up loot. This happens every time you land and someone lands with you. You can't pick up a weapon because you have to hit the button so many times. It's ridiculous. How many times do you have to bend down to pick up a single item? 

DONT BASH IT, press it every 1 second..

3 minutes ago, UnknownGamer said:

Im willing to bet that all the people who are against aim assist either use a m and k or the XIM. I played squad with random just a few minutes ago and 2 of them openly admitted to being XIM users and said they had used controllers as well and the XIM gave them a huge advantage. So either one of two things needs to happen. Either put aim assist in the game or make this game non compatible with XIM or M and K. That's the only way to give everyone a fair and equal chance. I have seen improvement sense the aim acceleration patch but M and K and the XIM have no place in this game. If you use these then you are a P@SSY

If someone is better than you at this game than they must be cheating, right?

27 minutes ago, DatboyNewell said:

Have any of you seen the MULTIPLE polls posted on this forum regarding Aim assist? Every single one of those polls a VAST majority of people are against aim assist. As they rightly should be in my own personal opinion. Blue hole adding aim assist could potentially cause them to lose many, many players. And I’m sure they don’t want that 

Haven't seen a single one of these so called polls. I guess you get your news from CNN as well. Lol. I have on the other hand seen many people ask for it. I really don't care either way but something needs to be done with the XIM and the M and K users. It is a huge advantage and has nothing to do with skill level. It's much easier to point and click with a mouse. 

9 minutes ago, SOBERRRSCOPEZ said:

DONT BASH IT, press it every 1 second..

Lol yeah because when you have someone in the same house as you you have time for that right. It shouldn't matter how hard I press the button it should pick up the item with no delay. Not bend over and hear the sound like you picked it up and then it still be lying on the ground. 

1 minute ago, UnknownGamer said:

Oh look everyone another pro. ???????

Never said I was, but I'm not terrible at aiming and don't have a hard time with guns.

am I a pro? Hell no, I go chasing after every noise and gunfight no matter how far in the blue I am or how out in the open I am.  I just can shoot the guns straight because I put some effort in.

Look this topic is never gonna get resolved without experiencing how much aim assist could affect the game. Perhaps bluehole could add some servers with aim assist so people could try it out, although from my experience the only problem with firefight's are those in close range so aim assist that works from 0 to 15 feet could be the answer. I don't know how this would work though soooo, it is what it is.

38 minutes ago, Aress said:

They aren’t adding aim assist I can assure you that.

How do you know that? You don't have a clue what they will do. 

1 minute ago, OgonerogueoO said:

Look this topic is never gonna get resolved without experiencing how much aim assist could affect the game. Perhaps bluehole could add some servers with aim assist so people could try it out, although from my experience the only problem with firefight's are those in close range so aim assist that works from 0 to 15 feet could be the answer. I don't know how this would work though soooo, it is what it is.

So next time it's 3 alive and you get an aim pull towards a bush and light it up because of aim assist?  Nah, it's not optimal for this type of game.

1 minute ago, UnknownGamer said:

Considering they reduced recoil to help people with their aim if they were going to add aim assist they would have done it then...

4 minutes ago, UnknownGamer said:

Lmao. I never claimed to be the best there buddy boy but when you have people openly admitting that they are using XIM or M and K and it's giving them an advantage then yea there is a problem and it should be addressed. Say what you want but no matter what they have huge potential of losing many if their game player base with either decision. People will eventually leave the game do to the XIM and M and K users because of the unfair advantage they have over other players. If you want to be a P$$y and use either if these go play on PC. This is a console game and should be played with console controls end of story. 

I don’t understand why people automatically assume that “mad cuz bad” as soon as someone brings up MKB emulators. I’ve called cheater on people I’ve taken chicken dinners from. I don’t care if they are good or bad the point is I don’t want to play with someone who cheats. True there’s no way to say for sure unless they admit it, but you can easily compare their game recordings to someone using MKB vs controller and I must say it’s damn suspicious sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, UnknownGamer said:

I mean... at this point they would have already added it.  Sorry to burst your optimism but they've already stated it's not in this game for a reason.  It was asked about before it's release.

dont you think it would have been easy enough to borrow one of Microsoft or Coalitions aim assist codes/software and plug it in, then call it a day.  Nah they took the hard route and are playing around with controller options, and people bitching because they suck, because they wanted the game to be a true as it can to it's sister version.

If it should be implemented, then it should be limited to 0-15 meters at most. Long range shots should take skill.

Just now, Baehr said:

If it should be implemented, then it should be limited to 0-15 meters at most. Long range shots should take skill.

I just explained above what the issue with that is, in my eyes.

3 left.  Guy in a bush.  Aim pulls towards bush. GG

2 minutes ago, GlockuFy said:

So next time it's 3 alive and you get an aim pull towards a bush and light it up because of aim assist?  Nah, it's not optimal for this type of game.

This would mean that somebody is standing next to you and you didn't notice, the odds of that are really low. Like I said there is no way this gets resolved without experiencing how much aim assist could affect the game. My problem with this is the devs wasting time dealing with this issue instead of dealing with other things like optimisation.

4 minutes ago, GlockuFy said:

I’ll take that over no aim assist any day. The thing about games with aim assist is that they give you the option to turn it off, so you’re welcome to play without it. 

Also that’s not how aim assist works.

2 minutes ago, Baehr said:

But that’s saying there is no skill in controlling recoil in a close range fire fight.. it’s not a easy thing to do, hold the analog stick down the right amount whilst tracker a player.. it’s tricky... yes the below example takes quite a few bullets but like I said it’s not easy, I have got better at it though this was before the recoil reduction...

Endgame meta is run and gun anyway. Snipers lose 4/5 times at least. They might stand a better chance with a slight aim assist. 

I'm not really into it, but the community is asking for it.

1 minute ago, IIAJEARLEYII said:

But that’s saying there is no skill in controlling recoil in a close range fire fight.. it’s not a easy thing to do, hold the analog stick down the right amount whilst tracker a player.. it’s tricky... yes the below example takes quite a few bullets but like I said it’s not easy, I have got better at it though this was before the recoil reduction...

Yo, that third kill should have registered way before he got to the bottom. You even led most of those shots. Awesome stuff though.

It’s easy for these guys to get kills with no aim assist, clunky shooting lets them get lucky kills on people they otherwise would not... can’t wait to see the reply’s to this btw. 

8 minutes ago, Thesmug said:

I’ll take that over no aim assist any day. The thing about games with aim assist is that they give you the option to turn it off, so you’re welcome to play without it. 

Also that’s not how aim assist works.

Yes it is actually.  It actively tracks targets for you while they are in your crosshair.  I've been playing console shooting games for over 10 years.  It most definitely is in effect inside and outside of ADS.  THE post I responded to had a set range of 0-15 meters.  So if you were just walking in a field 10 meters from a bush and your crosshair went past it, the camera would automatically start to track the target therefore giving you information that someone is in the bush.

Just now, Bboyinthecut said:

It’s easy for these guys to get kills with no aim assist, clunky shooting lets them get lucky kills on people they otherwise would not... can’t wait to see the reply’s to this btw. 

Here’s your reply.. lucky kills get me 2nd?14-01-2018_23-15-23.png.c532fe37fa4c4030efdaaf772cf8f79b.png 

42 minutes ago, BraveCompanion1 said:

Aim assist would ruin this game. It's a game of skill and tactics, and making the right choice for the right situation. 

Position yourself before engaging someone in battle. And use attachments, they help. 

You're right in that the core of this game is skill and tactics. Anyone who's watched any PC streams knows that.

That's why I skillfully zigzag through open fields towards guys with snipers so that I can tactically spray them down with my UMP. Because that's how this game plays right now. If that sounds retarded, well that's because it is. The aim being so awful is actively eroding away at the core of the game (skill, tactics).

I basically never lose a fight and think, "Wow, he out-played me." I just think, "Wow, we're both retarded and he got lucky." It's hard to really think anything else when there are multiple mag-dumps in a game that requires 3-4 bullets to kill. I think that says volumes about how the game feels to play right now.

What I'd LOVE to see are accuracy stats. I doubt the population average is above even 5%.