Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Yeshua

We need aim assist on console

Recommended Posts

Here is the fact of the matter: Aiming with a controller is vastly different to the speed and precision of a keyboard & mouse. We need aim assist on console.

 

Almost every console shooter of quality – even the most competitive – use aim assist and other mechanics to make the gunplay feel fluid, natural, and instinctive. PUBG needs the same mechanics to be viable on console.

 

The hold left trigger to ADS was a step in the right direction, the next step is aim assist, a solid 30fps at all times, and instant weapon & building spawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aim assist has no place in a battle royale game end of story. It is ment to be hard, aim assist will take away that sense of achievement, please stop asking for it. It will destroy this game and I will never play this game again, I am guessing alot of people feel the same as me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take that back, the game needs aim assist in order to compete with other great games. If not it is just a mess just like you guys, especially the ones using the word “noob”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lord Yeshua said:

Here is the fact of the matter: Aiming with a controller is vastly different to the speed and precision of a keyboard & mouse. We need aim assist on console.

 

Almost every console shooter of quality – even the most competitive – use aim assist and other mechanics to make the gunplay feel fluid, natural, and instinctive. PUBG needs the same mechanics to be viable on console.

 

The hold left trigger to ADS was a step in the right direction, the next step is aim assist, a solid 30fps at all times, and instant weapon & building spawns.

 

 

No No No No No No Just No

 

Recoil has already been reduced ITS FINE

 

Then honest answer is just practice.. If I can do it you can do it... Practice makes perfect ? 

 

14-01-2018_23-15-23.png.c532fe37fa4c4030efdaaf772cf8f79b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

One month after its release it has sold 3 million copies on Xbox so I think It is doing very well for its self!

No doubt! It was popular before Xbox, and controls with keyboard and mouse are great, the concept of the game is amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is amazing, but aim assist will ruin the game, trust me. Rubbish players will get better, average players will be great, but great players will become unstoppable. Flat fact!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO TO AIM ASSIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

If you suck...I suggest open settings, reduce all targeting and scoping sensitivity to around 2 or 3/10. 

 

It will make you a whole lot more accurate. Once you start to get better, slowly start upping the sensitivity to something that feels right for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

Aim assist has no place in a battle royale game end of story. It is ment to be hard, aim assist will take away that sense of achievement, please stop asking for it. It will destroy this game and I will never play this game again, I am guessing alot of people feel the same as me.

To be clear, I'm more on the side of "this game doesn't need aim assist" but that being said the op isn't totally wrong. Controllers simply don't work the same as a mouse and because they work differently they need to be handled in a different way. People also need to realize that there are different levels of aim assist. Not all aim assist is as bad as Call of Duty. It's not just a matter of zero aim assist or maximum aim assist. While I do think this game can work without it I think if they did add the right amount of aim assist it wouldn't hurt the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No aim assist. What needs to happen is for Bluehole to fix their Netcode, hit 30 frames at all times on both the X and OG boxes so, when you hit another player the game will register the hit. Also use Microsoft's Azure servers and not Amazon's AMS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, julianwelton said:

To be clear, I'm more on the side of "this game doesn't need aim assist" but that being said the op isn't totally wrong. Controllers simply don't work the same as a mouse and because they work differently they need to be handled in a different way. People also need to realize that there are different levels of aim assist. Not all aim assist is as bad as Call of Duty. It's not just a matter of zero aim assist or maximum aim assist. While I do think this game can work without it I think if they did add the right amount of aim assist it wouldn't hurt the game.

The way it is, is great, you the controller Vs the enemy and there controller nothing in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer aim assist. It’s taking too much effort to get even mediocre at aiming which really takes the fun out. I want to play, not train.

 

I don’t understand the “it’s suppose to me hard” comments. I don’t see how having difficult controls makes a good game mechanic for making the game harder. Not like they made it harder to aim with KBM on PC! There has got to be a better way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thesmug said:

I prefer aim assist. It’s taking too much effort to get even mediocre at aiming which really takes the fun out. I want to play, not train.

 

I don’t understand the “it’s suppose to me hard” comments. I don’t see how having difficult controls makes a good game mechanic for making the game harder. Not like they made it harder to aim with KBM on PC! There has got to be a better way.

Why even play a battle royale game if you are looking for a cake walk hahaha this is getting veyond a joke. Why dont you just have someone to do the winning for you pfft im out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thesmug said:

I prefer aim assist. It’s taking too much effort to get even mediocre at aiming which really takes the fun out. I want to play, not train.

 

I don’t understand the “it’s suppose to me hard” comments. I don’t see how having difficult controls makes a good game mechanic for making the game harder. Not like they made it harder to aim with KBM on PC! There has got to be a better way.

 

A good way is to not expect to be a young god by not trying.  IF you want to be average, then think average.  IF you want to be good........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you seen the MULTIPLE polls posted on this forum regarding Aim assist? Every single one of those polls a VAST majority of people are against aim assist. As they rightly should be in my own personal opinion. Blue hole adding aim assist could potentially cause them to lose many, many players. And I’m sure they don’t want that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

Why even play a battle royale game if you are looking for a cake walk hahaha this is getting veyond a joke. Why dont you just have someone to do the winning for you pfft im out.

Sure buddy, Aim assist automatically translates to easy wins. Get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GlockuFy said:

 

A good way is to not expect to be a young god by not trying.  IF you want to be average, then think average.  IF you want to be good........

It’s not about that. I just think the game would be more fun if I’m not fighting the controls so much. I doubt peoples rank will change much if they add aim assist. I’ve been conditioned by aim assist all these years, I just can’t see the justification for taking it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Yeshua said:

Here is the fact of the matter: Aiming with a controller is vastly different to the speed and precision of a keyboard & mouse. We need aim assist on console.

 

Almost every console shooter of quality – even the most competitive – use aim assist and other mechanics to make the gunplay feel fluid, natural, and instinctive. PUBG needs the same mechanics to be viable on console.

 

The hold left trigger to ADS was a step in the right direction, the next step is aim assist, a solid 30fps at all times, and instant weapon & building spawns.

Aim assist would ruin this game. It's a game of skill and tactics, and making the right choice for the right situation. 

Position yourself before engaging someone in battle. And use attachments, they help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×