Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indigo Ruins

...What?

To start off, here’s some background: 

I dropped Pochinki to improve my aim and engage in gunfights. I had 6 kills up to this point so I was feeling pretty good. I had just naded the tree in front of me twice because I thought someone was on the other side of it. I killed a guy and had been laying in the spot shown for about ~20 seconds. I was going to move as soon as the zone started shrinking, but then I heard footsteps behind me. The clip shows me turning around, shooting the guy behind me at least 4 times, and then my health suddenly disappears. 

What? I know I’m not the best player, but I’m definitely not bad either. On my screen it looks like a lot of blood came out and he instantly killed me somehow (not even looking at me on my screen), but I’ve also been messing around with my sensitivity lately. What do you guys think? Was it my aim or latency? 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LovelyFoal21173/video/42222772

(let me know if link doesn’t work)

On a different note, the patch has definitely improved crashing/aiming, but there’s still some input lag. I’m glad this game’s getting better!

Classic case of potatoe aim, happens to us all. 

You our only hit about 3 shots and they were all to legs and feet so damage is halved so would have only done around 60 damage

Yeah... I'm going to have to agree with @Tempests Avatar on this one.  I could probably make 2000 videos of me shooting much worse than that so don't feel bad.  It's just the aiming mechanics in this game is still lacking.  Hopefully we will get there someday.

Now I'm not saying it was all you.  Due to the netcode and slow tick rates, there is a good chance his hitbox wasn't where it appeared on your screen.  

Who knows?

Yeah, I know it definitely had to do with my aim (I missed a lot...), but it also seems that I hit him more before he hit me (in which he killed me with a burst and killed me on a Level 2 vest). My roommate said that it was a latency thing so idk :|

Thanks for the input tho!

2 hours ago, Indigo Ruins said:

To start off, here’s some background: 

I dropped Pochinki to improve my aim and engage in gunfights. I had 6 kills up to this point so I was feeling pretty good. I had just naded the tree in front of me twice because I thought someone was on the other side of it. I killed a guy and had been laying in the spot shown for about ~20 seconds. I was going to move as soon as the zone started shrinking, but then I heard footsteps behind me. The clip shows me turning around, shooting the guy behind me at least 4 times, and then my health suddenly disappears. 

What? I know I’m not the best player, but I’m definitely not bad either. On my screen it looks like a lot of blood came out and he instantly killed me somehow (not even looking at me on my screen), but I’ve also been messing around with my sensitivity lately. What do you guys think? Was it my aim or latency? 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LovelyFoal21173/video/42222772

(let me know if link doesn’t work)

On a different note, the patch has definitely improved crashing/aiming, but there’s still some input lag. I’m glad this game’s getting better!

I would blame that on the Netcode. It happens all the time for/to everyone. I had this one guy dead to rights just last night four or five blood splats and nothing. 

Likely from his point of view he killed you as your back was to him or as you had just got up to move. All the firing you did on him likely didn't even get to him before he killed you. Just latency at work. 

On a side note... laying where you were in position to the safezone versus the blue zone you were asking for someone to come up behind you like that. Better to guard against the safezone and spotting towards the bluezone in such scenario. People moving in are going to be more prevalent and them coming towards a rock like the one you were crouched beside is an opportune point for them to move towards. (but you probably already knew that afterward :))

13 minutes ago, BloodofHeroes said:

Likely from his point of view he killed you as your back was to him or as you had just got up to move. All the firing you did on him likely didn't even get to him before he killed you. Just latency at work. 

On a side note... laying where you were in position to the safezone versus the blue zone you were asking for someone to come up behind you like that. Better to guard against the safezone and spotting towards the bluezone in such scenario. People moving in are going to be more prevalent and them coming towards a rock like the one you were crouched beside is an opportune point for them to move towards. (but you probably already knew that afterward :))

Yeah, I had killed another guy by the car on top of the hill not too long before the clip from my yellow marker, and as I was moving up I saw someone else run from the road towards the tree I was looking at. It distracted me and made me focus on him instead of behind me, which I was initially planning on doing since I figured someone would come from the houses. Play and learn, I guess

Would have to agree with netcode, don't know why but yesterday it was worse than awful on EU servers, saying that the only thing different for me was I was playing FPP rather than TPP,  I had the jump on a few people, they should have died, but I did instead, even unloaded a UMP full auto within 10m range & nothing registered, only for my extended clip to empty & me end up dead to an shotgun to the face 9_9

Yeah dude, i can't tell you the number of times I've been killed by someone simply because they started side stepping back and forth. This game is awful... AWFUL at representing where players actually are. Between lag, rubber banding, fps and hit detection, it's pretty d@mn hard to hit people sometimes.