Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blazinblevins

Discussion on compensator vs flash hider vs suppressor

Which do you prefer in for AR top 10 situation  

65 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What attachments do you prefer

• Suppressor
    • Compensator
    • Flash Hider

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2018 at 04:03 AM

I was discussing with a friend if the suppressor reduces the damage from an AR, and his response was no, the suppressor creates more kick. He went on to say that in a top ten situation you would want a compensator, or a flash hider over a suppressor. Interesting I thought.

In your opinion, when is the best time to use either one of the attachments and why

Suppressor for long range engagements buying you a couple of seconds before the enemy figures out direction, compensator for close/medium sprays. It’s fairly straight forward since the suppressor won’t hide your position in the final circle anyway so why bother? Best setup is to have both if you’re lucky enough to find em. 

Flash hider only really works at long range and only to give you a tiny window before you’re spotted anyway. The amount of stabilisation you supposedly get I struggle to notice and if I find either of the other two add-ons I ditch the flash hider straight away. 

Suppressor - always my chose no1! early/mid game must have; It gives huge advance above others used smartly
Compensator - second... all around good to use
Flash Hider - if not having one above, I use this one :) else... dumpedh Hider 

1 minute ago, H0ly_Gh0st said:
Suppressor - always my chose no1! early/mid game must have; It gives huge advance above others used smartly
Compensator - second... all around good to use
Flash Hider - if not having one above, I use this one :) else... dumpedh Hider 

100% agreed!

Most proplayers ignore Suppressors because they don't reduce recoil and they want players to peek / rush / fight them for more kills.

Flashhider is  better than nothing.

I carry suppressors and compensators, if you have great positioning in the endgame and everybody knows where you are, you don't need it anyways.

It helps you stay undetected, but you should change position after every fight anyways and stay mobile.

I'll always throw on a suppressor cause I love being sly.

But if no suppressor I go with the flash hider because I always end up in long range fights and it's best they have less of a clue where I am. If I see a compensator first I will chuck it on until I find one of the other two.

suppressor just noise reduction is great
compensator for spraying is great
flash hider for hiding your shots at distance is great

They are all 3 very useful for different situations
Can't really poll this because they are for different things.  One isn't better than the other unless the situation dictates it. 

For example in squads the suppressor loses alot of value unless your entire team  has one.  So comps and flash hiders are better in squad games.  In duos its possible to find 2 suppressors and thats pretty dangerous to have two of those.

I personally like all 3.

In duos and squads I like to have all 3 on me for each weapon depending on whats happening.  Late game comp is probably the best to have for spraying in final circles.  And suppressor or flash hider on a SR is always a good thing to have.

I've been mostly using the AK lately and i've noticed  the compensator doesnt matter much. I try to burst 5 rounds at a time and it doesnt effect it much.

Flash hider used to be great in weather maps. Too bad no more weather maps, now the "flash hiding" is pretty much useless.

- Supressor only reduces noise and does not change any other stats such as damage or recoil. Looks and sounds cool, but does not help with recoil etc.

- Compensator reduces horizontal and vertical recoil and also (surprisingly) removes flash completely. Best attachement, especially for AKM or SKS.

- Flash hider reduces flash, but doesn't remove it completely (I know, right?..) and also sligtly reduces recoil. This attachement is usually seen as "better than nothing".

13 hours ago, Frazer said:

I'll always throw on a suppressor cause I love being sly.

But if no suppressor I go with the flash hider because I always end up in long range fights and it's best they have less of a clue where I am. If I see a compensator first I will chuck it on until I find one of the other two.

Flash hider does not eliminate flash, only reduces it. Compensator removes flash completely.

On 10/01/2018 at 11:03 PM, blazinblevins said:

I was discussing with a friend if the suppressor reduces the damage from an AR, and his response was no, the suppressor creates more kick. He went on to say that in a top ten situation you would want a compensator, or a flash hider over a suppressor. Interesting I thought.

In your opinion, when is the best time to use either one of the attachments and why

Suppressor doesn't increase kick - it only reduces the sound, nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Fallout said:

Flash hider does not eliminate flash, only reduces it. Compensator removes flash completely.

Suppressor removes flash, comp does not affect flash

1 minute ago, Fallout said:

Suppressor doesn't increase kick - it only reduces the sound, nothing else.

Suppressor reduces flash and eliminates flash

8 minutes ago, Kanerossnz said:

Suppressor removes flash, comp does not affect flash

Suppressor reduces flash and eliminates flash

1 minute ago, Fallout said:

You are wrong. Comp removes flash completely. Suppressor does not reduce flash.

Lol you have the 2 confused mate

4 minutes ago, Kanerossnz said:

Lol you have the 2 confused mate

Actually, I apologize, you are right.

Generally suppressor on my single fire weapons and the compensator on my auto weapons.

Flash hider if I don't have either of the above.

On 11.01.2018 at 1:03 AM, blazinblevins said:

I prefer Compensator all day long because :

Compesator : -25% RECOIL PATTERN

-10% HORIZONTAL RECOIL

-15% VERTICAL RECOIL

-10% SPREAD BASE

Flash Hider :  -10% RECOIL PATTERN

-10% HORIZONTAL RECOIL

-10% VERTICAL RECOIL

SUPRESSOR : - 5% DEVIATION