Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ONE800BEATDOWN

Original XBOX One unplayable

So this is kind of a rant, but also a serious question (Possible Support Group) I have had this game since Christmas. Enjoyed the hell out of it for a week, but as time marched on I realized that I was losing gunfights that should have been easy wins. I understand that the game is in terrible condition right now, so I change tactics. Stay hidden, avoid fights, crawl to the final circle, etc. But I constantly feel like something else is going on. Over this past weekend I had a chance to play on a shiny new XBOX One X. WOW! What a difference! The game runs significantly better on that machine. I play for 2 hours, make it to the Top 10 every time, average 4 kills per round and just can't believe the difference. So I go back home and try playing on my OLD SCHOOL machine and its just unplayable. I have tried disabling Cortana and the capture system. Installed it on my internal HDD, then moved it back to External but I just can't get it to run even slightly better. So at this point I am having to throw in the towel and shelve the game until they release a patch to get us OLD SCHOOL XBOX players to run with the XBOX One X players.

Anyone else running an old XBOX that can give me any tips or advice?

On the regular Xbox One PUBG is playable to an extent... Usually my game crashes once a round. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. I just played PUBG 10 mins ago and my game crashed 3 times in a row back to back to back and then 5 mins later it crashed again... This game is sooooo fun but so annoying at the same time. ??

I deleted and reinstalled the game, runs alot better... Don't talk in a party (lags the game alot)... Talk in game team chat.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. I ended up buying the PC version and am really happy with it. I'll revisit the XBOX version in a few months and see how it's coming

I play on the xbox one x and play with friends who play on the og xbox and they have way more crashes pop in and blurry building issues than me but it is defiantly playable

I have original Xbox one and only really suffer with the lag at the beginning of a game. Had 2 crashes in the last 3 weeks. One in a vehicle, one when I vaulted on to  a bookcase in a house. 

On 03/01/2018 at 10:24 PM, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

So this is kind of a rant, but also a serious question (Possible Support Group) I have had this game since Christmas. Enjoyed the hell out of it for a week, but as time marched on I realized that I was losing gunfights that should have been easy wins. I understand that the game is in terrible condition right now, so I change tactics. Stay hidden, avoid fights, crawl to the final circle, etc. But I constantly feel like something else is going on. Over this past weekend I had a chance to play on a shiny new XBOX One X. WOW! What a difference! The game runs significantly better on that machine. I play for 2 hours, make it to the Top 10 every time, average 4 kills per round and just can't believe the difference. So I go back home and try playing on my OLD SCHOOL machine and its just unplayable. I have tried disabling Cortana and the capture system. Installed it on my internal HDD, then moved it back to External but I just can't get it to run even slightly better. So at this point I am having to throw in the towel and shelve the game until they release a patch to get us OLD SCHOOL XBOX players to run with the XBOX One X players.

Anyone else running an old XBOX that can give me any tips or advice?

You could try resetting you internet and hard resetting you Xbox ?... I used to play on the old Xbox now I’m on the X , I’ve never had a crashing issue with either console or with the game ..... just Lag most of the time , but those two tips helped me when it came to helping my performance for the game out .... 

hope it has the same results for you buddy ?

On 1/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, LilxVirgin said:

I deleted and reinstalled the game, runs alot better... Don't talk in a party (lags the game alot)... Talk in game team chat.

gonna call bs on that one. makes no difference weather or not im in a party or not.

Played squads last night on EU servers, didn't crash once and got a dinner for my efforts, I'm on the Xbox one too

I have both an OG Xbox and a One X. To me, the game is unplayable on the OG. The load-in issues cause enough problems to interrupt gameplay, but the worst part is the frequency of crashes.

It runs fantastic on the One X, so it really is a shame that it runs so comparatively poorly on the OG.

Crashed a lot until the update on Original Xbox One. Had zero issues last night after the patch. However, I ordered an X today simply because I want a better experience. 

I play on an original Xbox One, and crash much less after patch 4.

Before I would crash nearly every other game. Since the update I’ve crashed about 4 times in around 7 hours of gameplay.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:16 PM, xOmegaa/iYaksa said:

You could try resetting you internet and hard resetting you Xbox ?... I used to play on the old Xbox now I’m on the X , I’ve never had a crashing issue with either console or with the game ..... just Lag most of the time , but those two tips helped me when it came to helping my performance for the game out .... 

hope it has the same results for you buddy ?

Tried all of your suggestions, but nothing has worked. Noticed slight lag/FPS improvement after the new patch. It's just not playable in my opinion. After playing the PC version at 100+ FPS attempting to play the XBOX version is like playing in SLIDESHOW. Played it again on my brothers X and it is night and day difference. I hope they sort it out soon. I have a bunch of friends who play on XBOX and I really don't want to spend $$ on an X just to get the game to play right.

48 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I play on an original Xbox One, and crash much less after patch 4.

Before I would crash nearly every other game. Since the update I’ve crashed about 4 times in around 7 hours of gameplay.

Same the patch helped alot with crashing issues. 20 games good or bad but only 2 crashes.

But it made the load worse. The initial drop is way worse, the textures worse, and lag is just stupid.

One the Xbox one ive seen no improvements in game at the start thought. The textures used to take 10 seconds to go from acid to usable, they can take almost 20 or more now. The extra details like tables, boxes, cabnets, and beds went from 20 seconds when you land to over a full min. 

The lag did not even get any better for the sacrifice. I mean i can't land in a busy town right now. I will lag to death, fall through a building, or just not be able to loot as fast. 

I feel like its unplayable till over 2mins in. Which puts me at a HUGE disadvantage for the entire game. Looting at the start is the key to victory.

8 minutes ago, mwjw said:

Same the patch helped alot with crashing issues. 20 games good or bad but only 2 crashes.

But it made the load worse. The initial drop is way worse, the textures worse, and lag is just stupid.

One the Xbox one ive seen no improvements in game at the start thought. The textures used to take 10 seconds to go from acid to usable, they can take almost 20 or more now. The extra details like tables, boxes, cabnets, and beds went from 20 seconds when you land to over a full min. 

The lag did not even get any better for the sacrifice. I mean i can't land in a busy town right now. I will lag to death, fall through a building, or just not be able to loot as fast. 

I feel like its unplayable till over 2mins in. Which puts me at a HUGE disadvantage for the entire game. Looting at the start is the key to victory.

Completely agree. I have to land somewhere alone or i'm dead.

47 minutes ago, mwjw said:

Yeah, I usually run into this when hitting terminal velocity while landing. I’ll have play dough houses, bunny hop on top for a bit, find 90 rounds of ammo and wonder where the gun is before it finally renders in.

As you mentioned, after the first minute or so it tends to run noticeably better.

I bought an external SSD drive and moved PUBG over to it. Made a BIG difference. Game runs alot smoother and buildings are loaded when I hit the ground. Feels good to not wait 5 mins for a staircase to load in, lol. I would give that a try.

One thing I have noticed with the og Xbox is that if you have anything else downloading this game will be extremely bad in gameplay

If you watch BLU RAY on ur Original Xbox 1 then clear ur Persistent Storage as well but ive had few crashes on PUBG i get dashboard bout 50/50 of the time on solo but it tends to happen more if im in squad wae mates.

Kinda feel like a PUBG cop trying to keep the peace but failing miserably to stop the Slaughter

On 1/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, AV8er said:

One thing I have noticed with the og Xbox is that if you have anything else downloading this game will be extremely bad in gameplay

Downloads pause when playing multiplayer games for exactly this reason... so, that's not a solution.

On 1/13/2018 at 10:30 PM, Brpc said:

Downloads pause when playing multiplayer games for exactly this reason... so, that's not a solution.

not my xbox. It may be a setting but for about a year my xbox has been installing games while playing games like siege, or destiny. My games would get super laggy after the download started. Idk, its something that has been happening to me.