Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuckitTribeck

Terrible loot

Recommended Posts

It's ridiculous how you can jump into a big city and not get anything worth a crap. I searched 10 house in georgopol and came away with a 9mm a shotgun and a level 1 back pack. Also found very little meds. That's insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, I’ve been there.  Other times I go to a solo 1 story house and it’s got everything I need for the end game.  Just a lottery with those situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nutsnut said:

The game is RNG, so i'm not sure what you expect?

I think he is just venting a bit. It is okay to express your thoughts on an unfinished game to try to influence the progression of the game. 

That is ultimately the point of early access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the last thing the games needs is predictable or consistent loot.

 

The type of loot you get adds a further dynamic and alters your game play each and every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nutsnut said:

Yes, but the last thing the games needs is predictable or consistent loot.

 

The type of loot you get adds a further dynamic and alters your game play each and every time.

Agreed. But situations like the one I described where you hit several houses and  find no weapon at all should NEVER happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H8Laggers said:

Agreed. But situations like the one I described where you hit several houses and  find no weapon at all should NEVER happen.

It’s the nature of the beast.  Experiencing that unknown makes it even more dynamic.  Really makes you think outside the box.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt20714 said:

It’s the nature of the beast.  Experiencing that unknown makes it even more dynamic.  Really makes you think outside the box.  

I don't think that makes it dynamic so much as cheap. 

I do believe it is a fluke though as out of hundreds of games I've only had it happen a couple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you run through a whole town and find nothing but shotguns, other times you luck out and literally nobody goes to the school and you come out looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando.

 

Image result for arnold schwarzenegger commando

 

I entered 1-Man Squad yesterday and out of some freak happening, literally nobody came to the school and I just stocked up and then went on a mini rampage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H8Laggers said:

I don't think that makes it dynamic so much as cheap. 

I do believe it is a fluke though as out of hundreds of games I've only had it happen a couple times.

I just see it as risk, reward... like when you and another player enter a house at the same time during the beginning of the match...You might find a crowbar and he finds an AKM or you both might find nothing but pants and box it out.  Just my 02 cents, but I like lottery style play and having to adapt on the fly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, H8Laggers said:

Agreed. But situations like the one I described where you hit several houses and  find no weapon at all should NEVER happen.

I'll have to disagree, it's perfectly acceptable to loot an entire town and find nothing, it's happened to me plenty of times, it forces you to take that shot gun or smg and adapt. 

 

If you want only the guns you like, go play something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nutsnut said:

I'll have to disagree, it's perfectly acceptable to loot an entire town and find nothing, it's happened to me plenty of times, it forces you to take that shot gun or smg and adapt. 

 

If you want only the guns you like, go play something else. 

Who said anything about only guns I like? 

 

I said I have had a couple situations where I drop in and loot several houses and find NO GUNS. After 4 to 6 houses that should NEVER happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H8Laggers said:

Who said anything about only guns I like? 

 

I said I have had a couple situations where I drop in and loot several houses and find NO GUNS. After 4 to 6 houses that should NEVER happen. 

Why should they not happen, why should there always be a gun available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, H8Laggers said:

Oh and your parting shot was completely unnecessary. No need to make the community toxic. 

Agreed, no need for that Mickey Mouse type stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, H8Laggers said:

Who said anything about only guns I like? 

 

I said I have had a couple situations where I drop in and loot several houses and find NO GUNS. After 4 to 6 houses that should NEVER happen. 

 

I'm not going to say it doesn't suck when it happens but it's just part of the games concept.

 

Go to the higher risk areas where you're basically guaranteed to find a gun if looting houses isn't your thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, headspawn said:

 

I'm not going to say it doesn't suck when it happens but it's just part of the games concept.

 

Go to the higher risk areas where you're basically guaranteed to find a gun if looting houses isn't your thing.

I was in the apartments at the school last time it happened. Did not find a gun until into the 2 building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have had the same issue, I have actually found it more of a problem in Duo's where there was absolutley nothing in the first couple of houses. I have to be careful though as I jump into unrendered buildings so it could just be that I am missing alot of stuff that hasnt rendered in but by the time I get to the second house that is no longer a factor.

I get that the game is designed to be that sometimes you wont find good stuff and will have a tough game but I just think the balance at the moment is 95% crap or no gear to 5 % good gear at the start of games. It just needs to be balanced out abit better than it is atm I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s completely random? What is there to complain about here? I’ve never looted huge paces and not found anything. Is it possible? Sure....likely? No. Getting unlucky sometimes is part of this games experience. I hope you are on here to just vent cause if you are legit complaining that one game you didn’t get any loot I’m going cheese hard. ???  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H8Laggers said:

I was in the apartments at the school last time it happened. Did not find a gun until into the 2 building. 

I was referring to the actual school.  I've never gone through there and not found (or shot in the face by) an assortment of pistols, shotguns, UMP, UZI, AKMs, M16A4's, sometimes if you're lucky an SCAR-L, M416's, or Kar98k etc etc. vest/helmet too. if you can survive it and get a few kills, you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least one or two of those assault rifles.

 

Risk/Reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuckitTribeck said:

It's ridiculous how you can jump into a big city and not get anything worth a crap. I searched 10 house in georgopol and came away with a 9mm a shotgun and a level 1 back pack. Also found very little meds. That's insane. 

 

I just close doors to make you think you're the first person to scout for loot, and leave you with a Pistol, Shotgun and Level 1 Backpack. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SuckitTribeck said:

It's ridiculous how you can jump into a big city and not get anything worth a crap. I searched 10 house in georgopol and came away with a 9mm a shotgun and a level 1 back pack. Also found very little meds. That's insane. 

He aloot can be Terrible sometimes I always drop tunnels and sometimes loots boss sometime I leave with a back pack and some attachments lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of you saying it makes the game more dynamic then answer this question for me. Why do all the vehicles always spawn in the same locations? This is something that never changes. Why is that? If you're arguing that the loot should be that way then should vehicles not also spawn in different locations each time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, H8Laggers said:

Agreed. But situations like the one I described where you hit several houses and  find no weapon at all should NEVER happen.

Definitely been in a two story with no weapon at all it’s ridiculous. But I’ve found everything in a little house before. They need to atleast make it so you can find one gun in a two story. Even if it’s a pistol. Not finding one weapon is an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×