Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuckitTribeck

Armor is useless

Armor is pretty much useless in this game. I had full health a level 3 helmet and vest and was killed by a 9 mm handgun with only 3 shots from a fair distance. Obviously I'm not talking about 50+ yards but still a level 3 vest and helmet should be stronger than that. Also keep in mind it was not a headshot. 

2 minutes ago, Quub said:

do you have any video from this, cause that is not possible really.

Actually it is possible and most likely accurate. There was a bug on PC for a long time where armor would not absorb any of the hit points, as if you were no wearing any at all. Could be a similar instance here.

Headspawn no I don't have video because I keep my video turned off to help with the frame rate and lag but no my armor had no damage at all. It happened in my first gunfight of the match. 

3 hours ago, SuckitTribeck said:

Headspawn no I don't have video because I keep my video turned off to help with the frame rate and lag but no my armor had no damage at all. It happened in my first gunfight of the match. 

Microsoft already came out and said it doesn’t help it’s not even on the same partition to affect gameplay, so no point in having it turned off

Not really an armor issue I think it is just another damage issue thing over-all. As example... son was playing a game where all the players around him appeared to crash to dashboard at beginning of the round. Everyone standing around with no armor or anything. He proceeds to kill 3 guys with punches but a 3rd guy would not go down. He ended up running to an adjacent building and getting a pistol and coming back to shoot him point blank in the head. (again the guy had no armor) Took numerous clips to knock him and then eventually take him out.

4 hours ago, PotatoBot said:

Microsoft already came out and said it doesn’t help it’s not even on the same partition to affect gameplay, so no point in having it turned off

It doesnt matter what partition it’s on. It’s the CPU and HDD usage of the dvr functions that effects the game. The game can’t use the HDD and CPU when it needs because they are transferring dvr data. That’s also why it helps to have an SSD with high transfer speeds. Also, there are thousands of people that say disabling it did help. It even helped on pc, in the game’s early days, to turn off the dvr functions for Live in Windows 10. The game just isn’t optimized correctly on Xbox yet and running those extra functions causes the game to not perform as well.

It depends entirely upon where you are shot. Someone survived a straight stomach shot from my s1897 at like 5 yards away. Obviously should have killed him. Was looking at his armor while looting him, level 3 armor. But severely damaged ;)

You are full level 3 but they only found a pistol - seems unlikely, and what makes you so sure none were a headshot, armor is just fine.

On 31/12/2017 at 2:01 AM, kammora said:

Actually it is possible and most likely accurate. There was a bug on PC for a long time where armor would not absorb any of the hit points, as if you were no wearing any at all. Could be a similar instance here.

Could explain a few things that happened to me. 

I've literally hit someone with 6 m16 bullets when they had a military vest and they still didn't die