Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PUBG_RoboDanjal

In-game Lag / Character Position Readjustment Issues - Feedback Thread

Hello players,

As we make patches to deal with the issue of in-game lag, particularly at the start of a match, we want to gather your feedback and experiences in one place so we're better able to understand how effective the changes are.

Please share your experiences with us by posting your thoughts, feedback and clips in this thread. 

Thanks!

you guys fixed the fences by turning them into walls. Just make them fully penetrable. theyre just chainlink fences

Did an instant (asap) drop into Tierra Bronca. Had some looting issues (drag looting and click looting was delayed for like 3 seconds). That's about it.

When dropping with high pop, the other chutes rubberband a lot.

Played 4 or 5 games after patch, didn't rubberband/lag once. I landed my parachute one game and immediately looted a gun full speed, all three drags of the ammo/weapon went into my inventory immediately. Very good.

Played a lot of matches last night, no problems with early game rubberbanding.

One match however my mate experienced the *plane* rubberbanding. It kept getting stuck on location on the map then shooting forward. We dropped near Shooting Range and when I told him to press F he teleported from above School to where we actually were. Didn't happen again for the entire night.

Another match I experienced something that I'm not entirely sure would be called rubberbanding, but delayed death? I could see the game playing out fine, my teammate was downing people while I was running. My screen started randomly jumping as if I was getting shot but I didn't take any damage. When I got to my cover I suddenly received all the damage and fell down. Again not sure if this was my end or the game, I had no voice lag over Discord and as I said could see my teammates fight playing out naturally without any lag.

Other than that, buttery smooth! I can even play with my buds on NA and pick items up fairly instantly now :)

I appriciate all the effort put in this game, I'm not sure why on steam there's a lot of complaints and bad reviews. I was skeptical of getting the game but I'm glad I did. 

It's lag free truly and amazing game. Keep up the good work!! 

YOUTUBE|INSTA @MicroDigitsTV

I agree with others.

Plane/Parachute rubber banding still occurs. Early looting is slow to get into inventory (failed attempts or delayed pickup). Clears up after ~1 min into match

Doors are acting strange in some cases when in smaller rooms. They "ghost" for a lack of a better term. Gives you the closing/opening animation for the character but nothing happens for a second or two.

Otherwise I do notice an improvement on players in general. No skipping around at long range and no being shot around corners.

Side note. I played about 8 matches last night and got Mirimar 8 times. 

I played it right after the patch went live and it played very well.. no rubber banding whatsoever, though this morning something happened. Right from the lobby I could see something was wrong... I only had about 15 fps in the Lobby... I tried to get into a game and it was the same... 15-20 fps when I usually have constant 60+fps ingame... 

I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB , 8gb RAM, intel i5-7300HQ - 2.5Ghz. 

Am I the only one having this issue?

I play on OCE and still get lag/general ping issues* at the start of any game, especially when dropping near a lot of people (my net is fine btw, it's the server end of the game). I still experience a small amount of rubberbanding in early game as well, but no where near the same amount as before. Even saying that, I probably have only rubberbanded once or twice since the patch. Good job on reducing the rubberbanding so much, the game is actually playable again :P

*looting items take a second to appear in my inventory, players teleporting, stutter when using doors etc...

since release of latest update i havnt noticed any rubber banding or other major lags, so performance is way better than before

No rubber banding after patch. Well done. 50% of games had whole squad taken out by cheaters. This needs to be fixed. Oh and sort out the steps around the boxing arenas so you can walk up them.

I just played a game where I long dropped to Los Leones and there were only a couple other people around.  No noticeable rubber banding at start.  With 44 players left in match, me running around the hangars on west outskirts of Leones, and it's still rubber banding, items are taking about 500ms to remove from inventory (they lag when being dropped or moved off weapon, etc).

Also had it rubber band again when I was running around and there were only 37 people left.  Oh, also getting on/off a motorcycle was extremely laggy and this was with only 20ish left.  I have 800+ hours in this game and am a long time BF player, if that helps.

1 hour ago, musicshaggy said:

I noticed that those lags happens only on a new map. Erangel works fine (not Perfect but more playable than Miramar at the begining)

We're looking at feedback regarding the patch that game out today, this video seems to have been uploaded on the 24th and it's of the current patch.  Thanks for sharing though, the effort is appreciated. 

NA FPP solo.

Landed in pochinki, pecado, was able to run, pick up guns using drag and drop with no noticeable lag or rubberbanding on my end. :) Other players seem to warp short distances on occasion but it could be their pings.

3 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Hello players,

As we make patches to deal with the issue of in-game lag, particularly at the start of a match, we want to gather your feedback and experiences in one place so we're better able to understand how effective the changes are.

Please share your experiences with us by posting your thoughts, feedback and clips in this thread. 

Thanks!

After the patch, every match I've played is constant lag. Especially at the start like usual, I'm at 1 fps and the game is just skipping until I'm on the ground. Then keeps stuttering. I usually have 60+ fps, but after the patch it's way worse.

3 hours ago, jawiMmm said:

you guys fixed the fences by turning them into walls. Just make them fully penetrable. theyre just chainlink fences

My bad. the geogopol fences work great now. i was talking about the big one in pecado, between boxing ring and the red apartments. that one is a wall. havent tested the ones in Erengel mili base yet too, so those might suck - i dont know

also, there's also still a lot of lag picking up items at the start of the game (getting things and having to wait 5 seconds before they appear in your inventory, and sometimes having them not get picked up at all unless you try like 3 times). aside from those two things, id say its pretty good for what you were going for with this patch

The new update has almost completely eliminated rubberbanding for me, and they game is playing inredibly smooth! 

HOWEVER, I have been having some minor issues with vaulting. It keeps doing things where previously vaultable objects/windows aren't letting me vault after multiple tries, and often times I have to be looking perfectly perpendicular to an object to vault it.

Lastly, I HAVEN'T GOT MIRAMAR AT ALL SINCE THE PATCH. Not once in 30 rounds. This is no good!

No rubberbanding at the beginning. Start is very smooth. When you in-game and there are 30-40 left some rubberbanding can happen. But it's nothing like before. You did a great job with that issue ;)