Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TL24

HDR settings for next patch please

HDR is great and all but there really need to be an option to tweak it like AC: Origins. It’s wayyyyyy too dark at the moment and making it  hard to spot other players in the shadow of trees and such.

can this be added on he next patch?

Can we get a stable frame rate and netcode issues resolved before worrying about HDR? I mean I don’t disagree with you, but everyone on here requests things that aren’t really that important at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Smood said:

Can we get a stable frame rate and netcode issues resolved before worrying about HDR? I mean I don’t disagree with you, but everyone on here requests things that aren’t really that important at the moment. 

I disagree, not seeing a player can be the difference between dying and winning that chicken dinner.

54 minutes ago, TL24 said:

I disagree, not seeing a player can be the difference between dying and winning that chicken dinner.

and i disagree because having the game crash or the frame dropping to 10fps is muuuuuuuuuch worse. HDR is a while away.

3 hours ago, Smood said:

1000 times THIS. why are people wanting these updates already when the game is struggling to work on any xbox.

At a minimum, it would be nice to have an in-game option to disable HDR. It looks great in other games, but as the OP said, it's too dark in PUBG and puts you at a real disadvantage. Right now, I have to enable/disable it from the Xbox settings before/after I play PUBG.

I bet if we take a poll, every person not for a HDR fix ASAP doesn’t have a HDR capable set.  Every single display device has the potential to operate at different NITS.  That means without adjustment, those with HDR enabled that do not fit the games exact gamma curve are at a HUGE disadvantage against those not using it.  Black crush is brutal.  The easy fix is for everyone to simply turn off HDR on their Xbox.  I dont think this is acceptable because a fix should be pretty easy to implement. This should be a priority. The game is marketed as enhanced specifically because of HDR, which is broken.

5 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

I bet if we take a poll, every person not for a HDR fix ASAP doesn’t have a HDR capable set.  Every single display device has the potential to operate at different NITS.  That means without adjustment, those with HDR enabled that do not fit the games exact gamma curve are at a HUGE disadvantage against those not using it.  Black crush is brutal.  The easy fix is for everyone to simply turn off HDR on their Xbox.  I dont think this is acceptable because a fix should be pretty easy to implement. This should be a priority. The game is marketed as enhanced specifically because of HDR, which is broken.

I get where you're coming from, but personally its much more frustrating to have the game crash in the middle of a match than it is to not be able to use the HDR. 

You’re absolutely right. Folks with HDR can fix this themselves by turning this off but crashes are out of our control. It just seems like such an easy thing to add, a simple slider adjust that bright and low curve for HDR.   

I highly doubt adding and HDR slider is going to do anything to change how quickly they fix the games internal issues. That’s one reason everyone with a HDR tv is wondering why you guys without it care so much. Sounds so simple for us to just go into our settings right? Your forgetting our TVs setting are still set to accommodate all our other games that are playable in HDR so now I’m tweaking my TVs setting and ruining the setting for every game but pubg and if I want to go back to playing a 4k game I have to change my tv and Xbox settings back again. So I’m going to take my chances and not be deathly afraid of an HDR slider somehow causing the game to be even buggier then it already is. Because they’ll make more money fixing the problem then ignoring people with brand new TVs.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:32 PM, TheBrandon said:

You’re absolutely right. Folks with HDR can fix this themselves by turning this off but crashes are out of our control. It just seems like such an easy thing to add, a simple slider adjust that bright and low curve for HDR.   

On 12/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, dreamleash31 said:

I get where you're coming from, but personally its much more frustrating to have the game crash in the middle of a match than it is to not be able to use the HDR. 

Crashes are random and not that often anymore. Not seeing people in Windows or anywhere that’s shadowed is all the time. Wish they would just disable 4K and just set the Xbox one x to run on low settings until the game is more stable 

Agree HDR is too dark. Has to do a custom setting on my TV to get the brightness in game up