VenomBlade

Still seeing controller prompts

So throughout the game's development when controller support was partially added, I started to see controller prompts. Was hoping that would be fixed in 1.0, but it isn't. I usually have a controller plugged in(PS3 controller via SCP), but now for this game I specifically unplug it before launching the game, and yet I still see controller prompts and now things like "Hold X to reload" stay on screen way too long every time I reload because it thinks I have a controller, as well as seeing all the other controller binds for opening doors and interacting and such. If this isn't going to be permanently fixed is there a file I can edit to force remove gamepad recognition from the game?

Not using the same setup but I'm guessing SCP is triggering the controller detection. Especially check if you have any files from SCP in the game files.

They should add a force Keyboard & Mouse UI option, just like overwatch.

I've had the same issue for quite some time as well since I have Wooting One that registers itself as a controller.

A simple disable option to get rid of the Controller UI would suffice as I will never ever have any interest in actually playing this game with a controller on PC.

Yea, it'd be really great if they added a simple "Disable Gamepad" option in the options. Hopefully that's something that'll come eventually.

Edited by VenomBlade

If you use a Wooting one, you can also go to the general settings in the Wootility and disable Xinput. this will disable the xbox controller input UI prompts. But also any analog possibilities in PUBG.