Sign in to follow this  
ValhallasChosen

USB Headset Nightmare!

Why oh why does this game hate my USB headset sooooo much?

I have had nothing but trouble with my Razer Kraken USB headset when playing this game (and this game ONLY). I have two audio devices that I switch between; my USB headset, and my PC speakers (analog). When I start PUBG I usually have my headset enabled as the default device and I ALWAYS have to enable, then immediately disable my PC speaker device in my Sound device manager for the audio to start playing through my headset. However sometimes, no matter what I do I can not get the audio to play through my USB headset. I can unplug/re-plug the headset, switch USB ports, restart my computer, it doesn't matter. If it doesn't want to work at that moment, it wont work. I'll usually give up and go play something else.

I have tried my wife's analog headset and it works fine.

After a while I will try launching the game again and the audio will work. This is REALLY frustrating because I can not find a fix, or even determine the root of the issue, but it is isolated to PUBG, I don't have this issue with any other games. Its as if the game just doesn't want to detect my headset.

Has anyone had this issue or know of a fix (aside from "just buy a new headset bruh")

Thanks

So I think I finally solved this issue. It turns out that, for some reason, Razer Synapse was automatically muting all audio from PubG. I didnt even know Synapse had an audio mixer tab until I discovered it while I was reconfiguring my 7.1 virtual surround settings. Once I unchecked the mute option in synapse the game boots up with audio properly every time. 

i don't know why Synapse decided to mute pubg but ive never had this happen with any other game.